Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    yup tru thats how i c it

i dont know...i havent read the thread entirely but u know my reasoning
    I'm just stating facts! Someone said Android 2.0 brings it to the same level as WebOS ... which isn't true! Hell .. WebOS' browser only scores a 1/100 on the acid3 test (iPhone scores 100/100 and Android scores 97/100).
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    I'm just stating facts! Someone said Android 2.0 brings it to the same level as WebOS ... which isn't true! Hell .. WebOS' browser only scores a 1/100 on the acid3 test (iPhone scores 100/100 and Android scores 97/100).
    and do u have proof of these facts?

Update: plus y would these "tests" consider webOS's browser bad....i love the pre's browser...
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

and do u have proof of these facts?

Update: plus y would these "tests" consider webOS's browser bad....i love the pre's browser...
    And I know plenty of people who LOVE their broken-down classic car that has no real hope of getting them from point A to point B.

His point is that Android's implementation and feature set now eclipses WebOS'.

Go ahead and love your Pre. I love WebOS, too, but I accept the fact that it has serious issues. If you haven't noticed its flaws, wonderful! Keep on enjoying WebOS. Don't argue emotions in a thread about quantified features.
    Quote Originally Posted by SiniStereO View Post
    And I know plenty of people who LOVE their broken-down classic car that has no real hope of getting them from point A to point B.

His point is that Android's implementation and feature set now eclipses WebOS'.

Go ahead and love your Pre. I love WebOS, too, but I accept the fact that it has serious issues. If you haven't noticed its flaws, wonderful! Keep on enjoying WebOS. Don't argue emotions in a thread about quantified features.
    who said I was arguing?..plus he was the one saying at the beginning if you think android is not "impressive" or w.e then you shouldn't think webOS is impressivve...so I was just saying that I can have the opinion of saying I don't think android is impressive while thinking webOS is awesome
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Well, here's something even 1.5 has that webOS still doesn't. Calendar search.
    Powered by Palm since 1996...
    Palm Pilot > Palm V > Tungsten T > Trēo 650 > Centro > Prē > Prē F102

...gave up and switched to iPhone4 7/15/10
    The problem is, Android has much better market penetration at this time, no matter what it's faults. So who exactly is playing catch-up?

Even if webOS is "better", not enough of the public seems to notice. Android is all over the tech sites since all these new phones dropped. webOS gets no mention, except maybe by commentors on the articles. Even the GSM Pre got a bit of lackluster coverage. Android seems to be the next big "must have" OS and not webOS.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    The problem is, Android has much better market penetration at this time, no matter what it's faults. So who exactly is playing catch-up?

Even if webOS is "better", not enough of the public seems to notice. Android is all over the tech sites since all these new phones dropped. webOS gets no mention, except maybe by commentors on the articles. Even the GSM Pre got a bit of lackluster coverage. Android seems to be the next big "must have" OS and not webOS.
    I agree 100%
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

It's one thing to be a FAN of something, but it's pretty much misinformation at this point to imply that Android is "playing catch-up" with WebOS.

I'm wondering if there isn't a single thing that Android does better at this point, quite honestly.
    no 'Thanks'
    LOL@Android playing "catch up" to WebOS. Too funny. Sorry bud, but WebOS is playing catch up to everyone else.
    Not sure who is playing catch up to who, but I'm really surprised not more is being made of Android 2.0 (at least Droid's) lack of multitouch support. I really thought one of the most distinguishing features of the original iphone from previous smartphones was the ease of use of it's web browser, aided largely by the pinch to zoom features that were allowed by the multitouch. Palm getting this feature was huge and really makes web browsing a pleasure to use in my opinion. Previously having used even the best windows mobile browsers (skyfire---a terrific browser), I know how much of a pain it was not having multitouch. Even the hero's multitouch interface (given by HTC, not Android), is subpar (just find it laggy everytime I play with it -- 3 different sets, 2 in store, one of my friends), and makes the web browsing somewhat a chore. I've seen some small complaints about it, but it's quite a big deal in my opinion.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
    It's one thing to be a FAN of something, but it's pretty much misinformation at this point to imply that Android is "playing catch-up" with WebOS.

I'm wondering if there isn't a single thing that Android does better at this point, quite honestly.
    Well you can keep on wondering because there isn't. Been playing with my friend's Hero the past week and the Pre isn't even in the same class in my opinion. Catch-up? That's funny! Maybe in Palm's wet dreams!

Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post

Maybe the reason the Pre gets no mention is because it was and is irrelevant. It lacks even some of the most basic features of the other top smartphones and does nothing particularly well that sets it apart from the rest of the pack. Why give mention to inferior devices? The hype behind this phone is over. The smoke and mirrors are gone and people now see this phone for what it is. iPhone killer...PLEASE! It's not even a WinMo killer. The writing is on the wall. It's all over for Palm and the Pre and no amount of wishing, hoping and praying by the Pre fan club can save it.
    well everyone has their own opinion no matter how absurd u think it is
    We'll see how these "opinions" are reflected in the Droid's 1st month's sales. I have a feeling our beloved WebOS is going to get more negative press unless they have some amazing updates coming our way.....SOON. Soon as in less than 6 months. Heck...less than 2 months.

I've owned the Pre since day 1 and I love WebOS but I'm not blind to the fact that even though it has great potential...it is one of the most limited operating systems out there right now. I would list the things it lacks but then people would say its only been out for x amount of months and its a 1.x os. Just wait 2 years and you'll be happy. Doesn't sound like a good strategy to me when you have Apple and the behemoth called Google releasing phones every month. Quality phones I might add.

I love Palm. I hope they succeed. But its not looking good right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by V1cK dB View Post
    We'll see how these "opinions" are reflected in the Droid's 1st month's sales. I have a feeling our beloved WebOS is going to get more negative press unless they have some amazing updates coming our way.....SOON. Soon as in less than 6 months. Heck...less than 2 months.

I've owned the Pre since day 1 and I love WebOS but I'm not blind to the fact that even though it has great potential...it is one of the most limited operating systems out there right now. I would list the things it lacks but then people would say its only been out for x amount of months and its a 1.x os. Just wait 2 years and you'll be happy. Doesn't sound like a good strategy to me when you have Apple and the behemoth called Google releasing phones every month. Quality phones I might add.

I love Palm. I hope they succeed. But its not looking good right now.
    i know im giving too many opinions here...but i dont give a ***** about wut the press says...its not gonna change my opinion what so ever they can talk as much crap as they want...
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

i know im giving too many opinions here...but i dont give a ***** about wut the press says...its not gonna change my opinion what so ever they can talk as much crap as they want...
    Its not just the press. Its users, handset sales, activations, etc. What does the Pre have..like less than 2% market share right now and the plan is that we have to wait because the iPhone got away with it? LOL. The iPhone got away with it because there really wasn't any competition for it. It was revolutionary some might say.

The Pre has quite a bit of competition so the lets wait for basic features strategy is NOT going to work in today's market. Sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by V1cK dB View Post
    Its not just the press. Its users, handset sales, activations, etc. What does the Pre have..like less than 2% market share right now and the plan is that we have to wait because the iPhone got away with it? LOL. The iPhone got away with it because there really wasn't any competition for it. It was revolutionary some might say.

The Pre has quite a bit of competition so the lets wait for basic features strategy is NOT going to work in today's market. Sorry.
    lol ure right....w.e i still love my pre thats important
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

I love my pre too im right there with u man....

I think what the OP was pointing out is that Andriod is playing catchup to WebOS in the area of SYNERGY or linked contacts....g1 didn have it....palm pre did it....now droid and android 2.0 are getting it...so its catching up...
    Quote Originally Posted by kkumar99 View Post
    Not sure who is playing catch up to who, but I'm really surprised not more is being made of Android 2.0 (at least Droid's) lack of multitouch support. I really thought one of the most distinguishing features of the original iphone from previous smartphones was the ease of use of it's web browser, aided largely by the pinch to zoom features that were allowed by the multitouch. Palm getting this feature was huge and really makes web browsing a pleasure to use in my opinion. Previously having used even the best windows mobile browsers (skyfire---a terrific browser), I know how much of a pain it was not having multitouch. Even the hero's multitouch interface (given by HTC, not Android), is subpar (just find it laggy everytime I play with it -- 3 different sets, 2 in store, one of my friends), and makes the web browsing somewhat a chore. I've seen some small complaints about it, but it's quite a big deal in my opinion.
    The US got screwed for some reason. European Droid(Milestone) has multi-touch and it was confirmed that the basic specs include multi-touch, Either Verizon or perhaps something to do with Apple(people speculate either is it) disabled it. Motorola released a statement not naming names, but implying perhaps it was carrier request.

http://www.engadget.com/2009/11/02/m...what-droidont/
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by klbjr View Post
    Well you can keep on wondering because there isn't. Been playing with my friend's Hero the past week and the Pre isn't even in the same class in my opinion. Catch-up? That's funny! Maybe in Palm's wet dreams!

Maybe the reason the Pre gets no mention is because it was and is irrelevant. It lacks even some of the most basic features of the other top smartphones and does nothing particularly well that sets it apart from the rest of the pack. Why give mention to inferior devices? The hype behind this phone is over. The smoke and mirrors are gone and people now see this phone for what it is. iPhone killer...PLEASE! It's not even a WinMo killer. The writing is on the wall. It's all over for Palm and the Pre and no amount of wishing, hoping and praying by the Pre fan club can save it.
    I think it's more Palm shooting itself in the foot AGAIN. Bad advertising, too limited carrier coverage, questionable hardware apparently in the first batches, very slow rollout, etc, etc. etc.

I'd like to see what happens with webOS 2.0 but if Palm does the same things, they'll still be hanging on by a thread.

Gizmodo sez its a cryin shame that a "badass phone like the Droid handles menus like a *****" and that the Droid camera is "completely unresponsive garbage" ! Android 2.0 Review: Almost Human - Android 2.0 review - Gizmodo
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    The HTC Hero does the contact linking like synergy but better IMO. It also adds other social networks to include Flickr. You can browse through your contacts and ones that you have linked with Facebook it will show their status etc.
    You think so? Because I think Hero does it worse than Synergy. Hero can only link a given google contact to facebook and flickr. And from facebook it only imports picture and birthday. But it can't link a google contact to another google contact.

Meanwhile synergy on Pre imports email, phone, address, birthday, and picture (and more?). And it also allows you to link two accounts from the same service together. E.g. I have a legacy account in google which was my work account, and my personal account. This was because in PalmOS I couldn't keep enough phone numbers into a single contact to make this work. But with Synergy I can easily link these two accounts into one person.

On balance, I think I prefer the Hero. But I miss Pre's synergy. And I'm anxious for Android 2.0's upgrades that catch it up to synergy.
    Twitter: dullgeek
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12