Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    I've had my Pre for a couple of months now, and have been increasingly frustrated by things that are missing. Simple little things that any free flip or candybar comes with out of the box.

I know, give it time, Palm is working on it and soon it’ll be here. Well if the 1.2.0/1.2.1 upgrade is any indication, there was damned little there in terms of basic functionality.

I love/have loved my Pre, but when I read the CNet review of the Moment, all I could think was “I want that”, or “gee! that would be nice”, And when I got to the part about the email client, well … OTA Outlook sync for Calendar, Contacts, Notes and Tasks! I haven’t had that since my Sammy i730 on VZW! DEAL MAKER!!

At this point, I’m gonna give my Pre to my stepson, and buy a Moment on his contract! Or maybe my wife would like my Pre! Hmmmm, how can I work this?
    have you read the engadget review. They call it a swing and a miss

Samsung Moment review - Engadget

I would suggest a few hours in store with it at a minimum, loading it to the gills and testing underload.
    Also don't forget that even though Android is open-source, it is distributed in binary form, so there's no such thing as patching. To tweak the OS, you have to flash custom ROMs (similar to Doctoring your Pre).
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    The keyboard on the Moment is what kills it for me. Terrible. I'll wait for a Motorola Sholes on Sprint.
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    Mobileburn said its not great.

YouTube - mobileburn's Channel
    Yea that keyboard looks terrible. The bottom row...what were they thinking? So far though I've been unimpressed with Android. Would love to see 2.0 in action though.
    that phone doesn't compare...the hero, maybe, other than the keyboard...i don't love the pre...i like it, but if something like the droid was for sprint i would probably switch, simply because the phone is a little small for me, but the moment isn't really comparable
    DO IT ALREADY DONT TALK ABOUT IT DO IT!

Just like a real jumper just wants attention!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    I would much rather have the Hero over the Moment if I had to pick. The keyboard on the Moment looks like it would just **** me off.
  10. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Please,
    We want you to jump.
  11. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    careful, legs might hurt
    I was waiting for the Moment. But it looks like sometime after the 1st for delivery. So I got a Hero, and I really like it. It blows my still activated Pre away.

I am impressed with the Google search feature with voice. No typing to search for something in Google. The browser loads about the same amount of time as the Pre browser.

Just trying to get used to the on screen keyboard.

Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treotraveler View Post
    I was waiting for the Moment. But it looks like sometime after the 1st for delivery. So I got a Hero, and I really like it. It blows my still activated Pre away.

I am impressed with the Google search feature with voice. No typing to search for something in Google. The browser loads about the same amount of time as the Pre browser.

Just trying to get used to the on screen keyboard.

The one thing that really bugged me about the Hero was zooming in the browser. It would just be like a blank screen for a while, then load at the new zoom level.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    http://www.androidcentral.com/

here this is your new forum bye now
    Quote Originally Posted by wodin View Post
    At this point, I’m gonna give my Pre to my stepson, and buy a Moment on his contract! Or maybe my wife would like my Pre! Hmmmm, how can I work this?
    I've never quite understood why people feel the need to announce that they're switching phones? Are they looking for some sort of validation? Feel that they're doing everyone a favor by showing them a better way? Trumpeting their superiority now that they've found something "better"? IDK.
    My guess is that at least some of the folks who still regularly post over here after moving from the Pre to another phone are doing so in an attempt to fully convince themselves they have made the right decision. The more you tell yourself the Hero/Moment/Droid/Phone X is better then the Pre, the more you're likely to believe it. This is an open forum, so everyone is entitled to post what they want, but I can't help but get annoyed with some posters who have to remind us over and over again that they jumped ship. Doesn't really add anything to the dialogue, IMHO.