1.    #1  
    Just wanted to send a major-league "Thank You" to GSR13 and all the "Clie Guys" still on VisorCentral for the detailed description of moving from Visors to Clies. I got my new T615C Friday, and within 1 hour, had my apps, data (and more importantly, my configuration and preferences) on the Clie. C'est simple!

In short, I followed the two steps GSR13 recommended :[list=1][*]After hotsyncing your old machine (particularly if you use BackupBuddy), go through and remove any files you wouldn't want to have installed on your new machine. For the Visor, this includes the HS RAM patch, Datebook+ Stub. This was the step that took the time -- I was very careful to remove what I didn't need.[*]Just install Sony's Desktop app over your old 4.01 Desktop, without removing it first.[/list=1] Worked brilliantly! I only wish my move to a new PC had gone as smoothly.

It really makes you appreciate the advantages of having the same basic OS on different machines -- kudos to Palm for making a very well-thought-out "standard configuration", and HandSpring and Sony for sticking to it.

[I'll write up my impressions of the new T615C elsewhere -- others have done a much better job than I in that regard. In short, THIS is the PDA I've been waiting for. It's a keeper.]
    Last edited by bookrats; 01/28/2002 at 01:18 PM.
    Jeff Meyer

"And he died like he lived: with his mouth wide open."
    Congrats!!

I just got my T-615c today. Its charging up, but I'll need to install it on my PC tonight. I'll have an interesting move seeing how I'm moving from a N-710c to T-615. I'll let all know how my move went.

*taps foot waiting for Slotmachine to join the darkside.

btw:I forgot this t-615 had a vibrating alarm. Cool.
    -Mikedemo
    It's all about how you spend the money.
    Congratulations on your purchase and smooth transition to the new PDA.

I absolutely love my 760. It is unreal. If not for MP3, I would probably go for the T615, but I really like the MP3 player.

I would love the Vibrating Alarm and Enhanced IR, but I think MP3 is a better fit for me.

As for Slot_Machine, for a GA boy he is definately a little slow on the uptake . Just kidding Slot.

When are you going to come over to the darkside?
    In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. JOHN 14:2
  4.    #4  
    Originally posted by GSR13
    I absolutely love my 760. It is unreal. If not for MP3, I would probably go for the T615, but I really like the MP3 player.
    I can see it. If you want MP3, then the way to go is definitely the 760. The Clie MP3 accessory for the T & S-series and N610C sounds as if it lacks some things you might want (something about not being able to play MP3s with the screen off?) And with the T615C's lower battery life, I suspect an MP3 player would be a significant drain on the Clie.

[I'd love to be proved wrong about this, however! ]
    Jeff Meyer

Bookrats, just wondering if you have played with MSImport any.

To me, this is one of the greatest advantages of the CLIE's. The ability to mount the MS as a drive is awesome.
    In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. JOHN 14:2
  6.    #6  
    Originally posted by GSR13
    Bookrats, just wondering if you have played with MSImport any.

To me, this is one of the greatest advantages of the CLIE's. The ability to mount the MS as a drive is awesome.
    It works like a champ on Windows XP (once I figured out that you had to run MSImport on the Clie. It's really nice -- the MS suddenly pops up on your Windows Explorer window. Neat!

I'm using it basically to back up the Memory Stick once a month. (I could use the new BackupBuddy memory card backup -- this is separate form BackupBuddyVFS -- but this seems much simpler.)
    Jeff Meyer