1.    #1  
    Has anyone heard whether or not Sony's bluetooth Memory Stick has made it anywhere? Is it still in 'development'? Has it been released anywhere yet? All articles I've found claim it to be released "June 2001" in Japan. Yet nowhere can I see whether or not it actually made that date.

I'm going to upgrade my setup from a Prism/VisorPhone to a CLIE 615C/Ericsson T39m bluetooth phone, but I need the CLIE to be bluetooth enabled before I can do that fully.
    -Richard Powell

"Nice guys may finish last, but you know, the company's much better back here."
    You may not have bluetooth now, but you do have ir. I have been using IR with Clie and Nokie 8290 now for e-mail and short stints on the web.

I am waiting for Bluetooth, but I will have to upgrade my memory first in my 760 to 16 megs unless there is a combo Bluetooth/ memory stick???
    What timing, check out this link : http://216.194.92.114/cgi-bin/news.cgi?thread=000039

Looks like Bluetooth is on its way
    No more rhymes...and this time I mean it!
  4.    #4  
    Gee, I completely forgot about IR! Well, that's gives a good holdover until the Infostick is available.

I also checked the sites about the Infostick that maddog posted, but I'm confused by the following comment:

It seems however, that the Infostick is also targeted for the new Sony products.
    Does this mean that it'll only work with newer devices and NOT CLIE's? Or does it just mean that the circuitry used in the Infostick will be integrated into Sony's new handhelds?
    -Richard Powell

I thought there was some sort of Bluetooth cradle/attachment for the Clie serial port, but that it was sold only in Japan...

Yeah, here we go... for the N-series. Go halfway down the page, just above the modem and the keyboard, and there's the "Bluetooth" attachment...
    Jeff Meyer

"And he died like he lived: with his mouth wide open."
  6.    #6  
    Originally posted by bookrats
    I thought there was some sort of Bluetooth cradle/attachment for the Clie serial port, but that it was sold only in Japan...
    Yeah, I've seen that. But I've already got a T615C on order (the blue one, 'cause it has to be blue!), so that's out of the question. Plus, I think the software is only in Japanese.

The Infostick will be the best solution for me at the moment, I think. I just got my phone in today, and I like it quite a bit. Gonna be testing it all day before I choose to remove my VisorPhone from my Prism for near-good.
    -Richard Powell

Originally posted by raptor
    The Infostick will be the best solution for me at the moment, I think.
    Looks like a great solution, period, for anyone with a Clie. When it makes it out, and if you get one, please post your reactions -- I'd be really interested to hear what you think about it.
    Jeff Meyer

"And he died like he lived: with his mouth wide open."