1.    #1  
    I FOR ONE CANNOT WAIT UNTIL V GETS THE PRE!

Will the Pre Bask in a Verizon Ad Blitz?
    By COLIN GIBBS of GigaOm
    Palmís App Catalog took another step toward maturity as the company opened an online version of the store, allowing consumers (and, just as importantly, potential users) to browse through webOS offerings on PCs in addition to their handsets. While the move was entirely expected, it is sure to raise awareness of the platform among both consumers and developers. But the real test for webOS ó and for Palm as a company ó will come early next year when Verizon Wireless launches the Pre.

The Preís momentum has dissipated since its June launch on Sprintís network, and Palm last month had to raise roughly $313 million for working capital and general corporate purposes with a public offering of 20 million common shares of its stock. But while the company could get a boost from the Pixi ó an affordable webOS handset aimed at younger users and scheduled to hit the market in time for the holidays ó Verizon could play the role of Palmís redeemer. The nationís largest carrier operates arguably the best network around, and Verizon has consistently demonstrated its acumen at marketing smartphones.

But itís that latest factor ó marketing ó thatís a concern. Verizon is already promoting the Droid with an impressive ad blitz, and itís likely to back the upcoming Storm 2 with some serious marketing muscle as well. Itís possible the Pre could get lost in Verizonís suddenly impressive smartphone portfolio. If Verizon chooses to invest heavily to promote the Pre, the handset could be a huge hit. If not, Palmís days may be numbered.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I'm more than sure the Pre will be lost in midst of hype surrounding the Droid. Not only does it have a cooler name, the first teaser for the phone is infinitely more informative than any ad Palm made for the Pre.

Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Menso View Post
    I'm more than sure the Pre will be lost in midst of hype surrounding the Droid. Not only does it have a cooler name, the first teaser for the phone is infinitely more informative than any ad Palm made for the Pre.

I think it tries a bit too hard at the end of the video.

Verizon hosting Droid event on October 28

Here as well. Looks like advertising for somekind of 90s Schwarzenegger movie..
    Global Posts
    1,008 Global Posts
    "and Verizon has consistently demonstrated its acumen at marketing smartphones".

Uh, not on this planet. In fact, they have been criticized for an extremely weak lineup of smartphones for at least a year now.
    Pretty likely that VZ doesn't seriously push the Pre. They've thrown in their lot with Android.
    The Pre ad campaign will start early next year. That's still a couple months away. The Droid marketing just started. By the time the Pre hits Verizon the Droid will be 2 months into it's launch and Verizon will be ready for a new phone to push. Hopefully that will be the Pre.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    While in central California I saw a few verizon billboards touting the Pre, that was probably Two weeks ago. I should've taken pics but I didn't even think about it. One even said "Exclusively for Verizon"
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xome1983 View Post
    While in central California I saw a few verizon billboards touting the Pre, that was probably Two weeks ago. I should've taken pics but I didn't even think about it. One even said "Exclusively for Verizon"
    You sure about that...?
    Quote Originally Posted by Menso View Post

Funny, both of my boys (ages 20 and 16) were sitting next to me on the couch watching MNF when that commercial came on the other night and afterward they looked at each other and shrugged their shoulders. They didn't even know it was an ad for a phone.
  10. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    gigaoim’s days may be numbered.
    Positive, I made the comment to my dad about how hilarious it was. Texted my brother from my pre on the way to my grandfathers funeral. Not much about that day I don't remember unfortunately.
    Does anyone know who has the faster data network (seriously)? I ported my VZW Treo to the Pre and I cannot compare speeds fairly but I know YouTube and other streaming applications seem slow on Sprint (always having to buffer). Granted, I don't know what it is like on VZW, but I'm curious if anyone has real experience with the two carriers.
    Really? Youtube almost never has to buffer for me, and a few streaming audio files I tried had no issues either.
  14.    #14  
    Hi, I have to think they will be pushing it hard. The rumor mill claims that it will have a larger screen & larger battery than the Sprint version. Pperhaps a larger screen means a larger keyboard. V's Customer service and network is far superior to Sprint's!

Jon Rubinstien ins very, very smart man, I am sure he will make sure that the Pre or what ever the V version will be called will be pushed hard. The simple fact is that Sprint, is lossing customers so fast, that they do not have the marketing prowess(sp) to truly push the Pre!
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    Funny, both of my boys (ages 20 and 16) were sitting next to me on the couch watching MNF when that commercial came on the other night and afterward they looked at each other and shrugged their shoulders. They didn't even know it was an ad for a phone.
    Funny, my 9 year old brother and sister put two and two together and figured it was for a phone. You know, the whole "everything the iPhone doesn't do, I do" part gives it away.