1.    #1  
    So I decided to give an android phone a try and went out and picked me up a HTC Hero for sprint... I havent even used it for 24 hours and I can already tell you that its a POOOSSSSS!!!! LoL The pre as far as functionality and speed takes the cake. The Hero lags on load, lags on pics, lags on music it even lags on laggin ***? So heres my question why in the hell does it have a better rating then the pre on the sprint website and amongst many reviewers? And if anyone has any questions or ideas as to how to thoroughly use this phone or if im missing something here please post me up, im doing a full hands on review of the phone and intend on taking it to its max!
    Hero laggy??? my Hero runs circles around the Pre in speed. Glad you convinced yourself that the Hero is bad so you can stay with the crippled Pre and feel good, to all their own.

good luck with oreos horrible signal, deal pixels, screen blotches, no GPU, no text forwarding, bad battery life, and mediocre webapps

ill keep enjoying 10,000 native apps, 5MP camera with VIDEO, smart/voice dialing, useful homescreen, flash enabled browser, and REAL SDK (why do you think its so popular in a Pre forum??)

wow......i sounded very trollish... (sorry)
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    ('')_('') signature to help him gain world domination
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike20PR View Post
    Hero laggy??? my Hero runs circles around the Pre in speed. Glad you convinced yourself that the Hero is bad so you can stay with the crippled Pre and feel good, to all their own.

good luck with oreos horrible signal, deal pixels, screen blotches, no GPU, no text forwarding, bad battery life, and mediocre webapps

ill keep enjoying 10,000 native apps, 5MP camera with VIDEO, smart/voice dialing, useful homescreen, flash enabled browser, and REAL SDK

wow......i sounded very trollish... (sorry)
    It'll all get better right .. right? Someone tell me I'm right
    Quote Originally Posted by Shado.F View Post
    It'll all get better right .. right? Someone tell me I'm right
    i hope so, dont get me wrong i have a Pre and like the little tyke but when it comes to the whole package i prefer the Hero (still hoping WebOS wows us in the next update as Palm is promising)
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    Shouldn't you be on Android or Hero fan site?
    shouldnt you be telling me where in my post did i lie??? Im not talking about fanatism but facts. We all know the many flaws WebOS has ATM and cant deny them but ignoring the fact that another device has what the Pre lacks and does a lot of things better is just ignorant. I can make an argument for both devices such as the Hero not having the cool cards multitasking, hard keyboard, camera flash and such. But its embarrasing that the Pre lacks GPU drivers with such a strong CPU, a real SDK with the hardware power it has, and missing simple things like text forwarding and such added to the fact that the hardware is a joke in quality compared to the Hero.

Once again, sorry to come out trollish but a fact is a fact regardless what team we root for
    (\__/)
    No one cares....stop making these damn threads........ Congrats on your over-hyped Android phone...could have at least waited for the Droid or Calgary.
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike20PR View Post
    i hope so, dont get me wrong i have a Pre and like the little tyke but when it comes to the whole package i prefer the Hero (still hoping WebOS wows us in the next update as Palm is promising)

shouldnt you be telling me where in my post did i lie??? Im not talking about fanatism but facts. We all know the many flaws WebOS has ATM and cant deny them but ignoring the fact that another device has what the Pre lacks and does a lot of things better is just ignorant. I can make an argument for both devices such as the Hero not having the cool cards multitasking, hard keyboard, camera flash and such. But its embarrasing that the Pre lacks GPU drivers with such a strong CPU, a real SDK with the hardware power it has, and missing simple things like text forwarding and such added to the fact that the hardware is a joke in quality compared to the Hero.

Once again, sorry to come out trollish but a fact is a fact regardless what team we root for
    You lied about horrible signal, oreo effect, dead pixels, screen blotches, and bad battery life. Many more phones don't have those issues then ones that do. Yes the apps are not there yet, you get that one. If webOS doesn't have thousands of apps after one year out then you can call it a failure in that area, but saying it now is still dumb IMO. I am pretty sure I can find some problems with Heros and Android if I looked. And I am not trying to defend the Pre really here as much as I am taking a shot at your purely anti-Pre stance. Oh, and nothing about this phone is embarrassing to me. Sure it lacks some things, but it's nothing to be embarrassed about. If you think it's embarrassing then you have your own issues to deal with I guess.
    No phone is perfect. My Hero has signal issues, dead pixels etc..
    My Pre runs circles around the Hero browser in speed.
    Multi touch and accelerometer on the Hero is laggy.
    Battery sucks on both devices. Both phones has its pluses and minuses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
    You lied about horrible signal, oreo effect, dead pixels, screen blotches, and bad battery life.
    1. Seriously dude?.......seriously? These are the most common complaints that come in mass numbers of threads and posts in this forum and you actually deny it? Thats funny

2. I never said anything about the number of pre apps so you are just putting words in my mouth there. I mentioned the sdk and the fact that android has X number of NATIVE apps. Read ok?
    (\__/)
    Quote Originally Posted by turb0rexx View Post
    No phone is perfect. My Hero has signal issues, dead pixels etc..
    My Pre runs circles around the Hero browser in speed.
    Multi touch and accelerometer on the Hero is laggy.
    Battery sucks on both devices. Both phones has its pluses and minuses.
    Nice collection of phones you got there. I fully agree with your last line
    (\__/)
    I just got the Hero yesterday, so bare with me.

I got the Pre on launch. I was so excited about the phone that I couldn't even sleep the night before it came out (I know, stupid and childish, but adults are allowed to have childish moments!). I got the phone and then had to send in 3 of them because of issues (I started a MASSIVE thread that was posted on Gizmodo and Engadget on here about the screen blotches).

The Pre was such a HUGE let down. I immediately got bored with it! I had nothing to do, nothing to look forward to, NOTHING. So I started to Homebrew and mod it. Ehh it lasted me about a week, then I got bored again. The short comings of the pre are ridiculous. There's so much that should be there, that isn't. I feel that Palm is trying to save on costs by letting the users fix the problems and then them updating it.

The Hero:
    Ehhh.. Its NICE, but also has short comings. You can def tell that the GPU is being used to cut the load on the CPU. GREAT. The screen isn't as crisp as the Pre, but its larger. On-Screen keyboard, I hate it. The Apps are GREAT, period. They are solid applications that actually WORK and don't just pull information from a web page and call itself an "App" (i.e. 90% of Pre apps). The interface is also great, takes some time to get used to, but is very convenient. The problem is, things seem to take longer to accomplish on the Hero. I feel its a bit disorganized (I've only had it for a day).

Exchange on the Pre and the Hero are just plain terrible. They both leave a lot to be desired in this area. The Pre, to me, makes no sense at all. It's jammed packed with great hardware, but most of it isn't being used. Blow to the sack IMO.

The accelerometer on the Hero absolutely SUCKS. The capacitive screen also isn't as responsive as the pre (Close, but not quite there). As far as "Feel" goes, the pre demolishes the Hero. The pre feels so good in my hand that I don't know if I'll ever find another phone so ergonomic.

Basically, I have 30 days with my Hero, and I plan on using 29 of them to see how I like it. The Pre has so much potential, but I feel Palm has let a lot of users down. I've been a Palm fan boy for a very long time. I've owned Palm devices since 98 and phones since the 600. I'm 1000% disappointed in Palm and I think they are getting tooooo much praise then they need to be. They need a lot of collective criticism to make sure they solve all the issues quickly.
    Quote Originally Posted by tntsniper View Post
    Basically, I have 30 days with my Hero, and I plan on using 29 of them to see how I like it. The Pre has so much potential, but I feel Palm has let a lot of users down. I've been a Palm fan boy for a very long time. I've owned Palm devices since 98 and phones since the 600. I'm 1000% disappointed in Palm and I think they are getting tooooo much praise then they need to be. They need a lot of collective criticism to make sure they solve all the issues quickly.
    I appreciate your review. I have the Hero for my business phone and have to agree on nearly every point with the exception being the last paragraph.

You act as if Palm repackaged the Tungsten with a cell radio duct taped to the back. The Pre is a heck of a lot better than you make it seem in your conclusion.

1000% disappointed would mean that you are not happy with anything that the Pre brought to the table. I just don't think that is possible, especially since you stated things you liked in your Pre vs. Hero review.

Last point of disagreement is that Palm gets glowing praise for everything it does. You have been a member of these forums for going on six years. Show me the glowing praise threads, and I will show you 20 angry ones.

It's not that Palm isn't responding to its critics, it's that they aren't going fast enough for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    I appreciate your review. I have the Hero for my business phone and have to agree on nearly every point with the exception being the last paragraph.

You act as if Palm repackaged the Tungsten with a cell radio duct taped to the back. The Pre is a heck of a lot better than you make it seem in your conclusion.

1000% disappointed would mean that you are not happy with anything that the Pre brought to the table. I just don't think that is possible, especially since you stated things you liked in your Pre vs. Hero review.

Last point of disagreement is that Palm gets glowing praise for everything it does. You have been a member of these forums for going on six years. Show me the glowing praise threads, and I will show you 20 angry ones.

It's not that Palm isn't responding to its critics, it's that they aren't going fast enough for you.
    Well put. I didn't mean to come off the way I did, but I'm truly disappointed at this point. I think more should have been accomplished by now and I think Palm is dropping the ball as newer phones come out. People aren't going to wait around for a lacking phone any more.
    Also, the Calendar on the Hero crushes the Pre's. Theres no comparison.. I'm not used having a calendar load up instantly and me being able to use it instantly. I have 4 different calendars, all different colors and it loads em up perfectly.