Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    To be honest. I'm sick of the Iphone. If you own one, your not original. You just have what everyone else has. Apple is too restrictive, but I guess most people like that. The Pre is going to sore, because people want it to. What it doesn't have, we will give it. My phone already is completely different than any of my coworkers Palm Pre's, because I want different things then they do. I love going into work and saying, "guess what I got for my phone." Face it. The Pre can and will do everything the Iphone can do and more. We all know the potential is their!
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    Well, back in 2007 when the Iphone came out, I really wasn't impressed. I liked my Treo better. Treo 700p to be exact. A year later, I tried the Instinct, but wasn't impressed. I lost too much of the functionality the treo had. I have help numerous co-workers with their Iphone, but it is just not me. I have tried to use it, but its like the instinct to me. That is just me though. Some people love the Iphone, but I thought is took away things. But Apple did force companies to start using bigger screens for smartphones as a standard.

I think the Iphone has cause Palm to short cut some things out of the Pre to make it similar to the Iphone, which I had.

The thing I like most about the Pre is the multitasking and the notifications. It excel in those areas and not phone can match, period. WebOS is a good platform. I view the Pre as the T-mobile G1 for Android. It is the start of something great. WebOS is still growing, but some people are not going to be patient. Some people left Android when the G1 came out cause it really wasn't what it needed to be. It had to mature. WebOS will do the same.

I think once Palm license its OS to other companies (hopefully early next year) like HTC and Sony, it will really start to open up. Palm has done this in the past with Palm OS (remember the Sony PDAs?).

As of now, Android is probably the best Platform right now. In the future, I see WebOS beating out Android, or maintain a slight lead over WebOS (if Palm license out WebOS).

Oh well, there are my two cents.

For now, the Pre does what I need to do most.
  3.    #23  
    I respect people who say that they want their phones to work how they want it. But what bugs me is without rooting your phone, or have basic developing skills you cannot really customize the pre. Besides moving icons around, and changing the lock screen, and wallpaper you cant do much. You can jailbreak the iPhone and do the same costumization that you can on any other platform, face it jailbreaking is extremely easy and you can do what ever you want with the device, plus you have better hardware to use. heck i have seen a very close android theme on the iphone.

Really, besides the above stated costumization you can do on the pre, what can you do without rooting the pre that is so special?
    Quote Originally Posted by mjz147 View Post
    I respect people who say that they want their phones to work how they want it. But what bugs me is without rooting your phone, or have basic developing skills you cannot really customize the pre. Besides moving icons around, and changing the lock screen, and wallpaper you cant do much. You can jailbreak the iPhone and do the same costumization that you can on any other platform, face it jailbreaking is extremely easy and you can do what ever you want with the device, plus you have better hardware to use. heck i have seen a very close android theme on the iphone.

Really, besides the above stated costumization you can do on the pre, what can you do without rooting the pre that is so special?
    Someone hasn't been keeping up on the Pre. Patches can now be installed without rooting to modify just about anything.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    try putting a 2600 mAh battery in your iphone
  6.    #26  
    ...And when you jailbreak the iphone you have another app store in the phone (cydia) that lets you customize anything you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by mjz147 View Post
    ...And when you jailbreak the iphone you have another app store in the phone (cydia) that lets you customize anything you want.
    Did apple ever leave a comment on the Iphone blog supporting your homebrew apps?
    For me the jury is still out.
    Much as I dislike the i platform, and coming from a long line of palm products, I find it very disconcerting that many many new medical applications are offered only for the i-ph.
    Many of my MD friends have finally given up and switched to ATT for the devil.
    Classic is a very poor emulation and difficult to use. I have embraced premedi or whatever it is called now and look forward to his additions to it. Strong work there.
    this guy must be broke alot , you dont have a drug problem do you ???
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    md apps are being worked lol to bad
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    IMHO if the iPhone could multitask effectively it would be hands down the best platform TODAY, period

Android 2.0 will get it first since it seems to have everything iPhone offers plus multitasking and openness like being able to store any type of files regardless if its supported or not and web downloading is a big plus for me
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    ('')_('') signature to help him gain world domination
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12