Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    At least for a year or so.

Spint has fast become the network with the best selection of phones, and they just keep coming! I think I'm finally going to abandon my Pre for the Samsung Moment. I had previously planned to abandon my Pre for the Pixi, but I've since changed my mind.

I think given a year or two, webOS will be an amazing operating system, but for now, it just lacks too many features. Some of the features which it lacks are so basic that it's inexcusable for webOS to not have them. It really aggravates me that Palm seemingly spends so much time and effort fixing and re-fixing iTunes integration. I for one don't care about iTunes integration because I think iTunes stinks. I would rather Palm spend a few minutes adding custom notification alerts (just to name one thing) to webOS. I know it's possible to make webOS much more feature rich by adding hacks, but that's something I shouldn't have to do just to get a very, very basic feature.

Now for those who've used both webOS and Android; you know they're similar in many ways. In fact, the only real advantage webOS has over Droid (for now) is the clean way it does multi-tasking. For me, the coolness factor of the card system has worn off; I need something that has a richer feature set. I thought I could handle being an early adopter, but Palm just seems to have their priorities out of order when it comes to adding features to webOS.

I apologize for yet another "I'm ditching the Pre" thread, I just felt like venting for once. Everyone else gets to do it!
    You do realize that there is in fact no prize for posting the millionth thread on why you yourself are leaving the pre, webOS, palm, whatever......

Just kidding, vent away.
    Quote Originally Posted by glomgold View Post

Spint has fast become the network with the best selection of phones, and they just keep coming! I think I'm finally going to abandon my Pre for the Samsung Moment. I had previously planned to abandon my Pre for the Pixi, but I've since changed my mind.

I think given a year or two, webOS will be an amazing operating system, but for now, it just lacks too many features. Some of the features which it lacks are so basic that it's inexcusable for webOS to not have them. It really aggravates me that Palm seemingly spends so much time and effort fixing and re-fixing iTunes integration. I for one don't care about iTunes integration because I think iTunes stinks. I would rather Palm spend a few minutes adding custom notification alerts (just to name one thing) to webOS. I know it's possible to make webOS much more feature rich by adding hacks, but that's something I shouldn't have to do just to get a very, very basic feature.

Now for those who've used both webOS and Android; you know they're similar in many ways. In fact, the only real advantage webOS has over Droid (for now) is the clean way it does multi-tasking. For me, the coolness factor of the card system has worn off; I need something that has a richer feature set. I thought I could handle being an early adopter, but Palm just seems to have their priorities out of order when it comes to adding features to webOS.

I apologize for yet another "I'm ditching the Pre" thread, I just felt like venting for once. Everyone else gets to do it!
    I know ur gonna get flamed BIG TIME for posting this thread, so here's my support to you in advance of that.
    I agree, WebOS is boring/lacking/slow.
    [
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by motoracer1486 View Post
    I agree, WebOS is boring/lacking/slow.
    Yes, yes and yes.
    Honestly, webOS hasn't really been too big of a hit for me either. I only like and I dare say only like it right now because of homebrew. That is probably the only reason why i'm keeping my pre for the next year when my contract is up. Sprint has been getting on the ball and the options are growing. I've always envied and wanted to try Android as well and if the next WebOS phones don't have the hardware to back up what they are dishing out then I'm not going to get another palm phone. Simple as that.
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    I think most people, after using it for a while, realize it's just not al it's cracked up to me. I keep trying to love it, but I can't. The updates didn't do anything for the slow response with, for example, the phone app. I mean, it's a phone first, and it takes way too long to bring the app up, and when on a call, to flip to the dialer or recent calls.

I said it in anothere thread, it reminds me of the Windows 85 launch. It takes reboots or power cycles to clear up weird behavior, slow performance etc. and there doesn't seem to be a lot of effort to address basic funcitonality.

I agree, ***** iTunes. If I want music on it, I'll put music on it. People that have to have iTunes because they think iTunes is the only way to manage music shouldn't control real users. Unless Palm just wants to go at Apple while they neglect the people that for the time being, are their customer/users.

I'll keep trying to love my Pre, I really do like all the things it can do (although not always consistantly well) and the things is should do and will do, hopefully.
    Enjoy your new phone. Hopefully it works as well as they say it does, once you get to try it.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    bye
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    this guy is an undercover android marketing employee... Lol
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    good bye! enjoy your droid, I'll keep enjoying my pre
    How do you do that without getting dinged? Outside of having the phone for less than a month or paying full price for the Samsung, aren't you kinda stuck with it?
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I think so,too!LOl'
    My phone is a Preeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    I love my Pre Good luck with whatever you choose.
    One thing I love about the Pre (and I think people love this about the iPhone too) is that this is not all there will ever be. When people bought the first iPhone way back when, they all got the 2.0 update, and the 3.0 update (though some features weren't supported by the hardware). I think this is a big part of why people are satisfied with the iPhone.

The same applies here. Palm will continue to develop webOS, and I'll continue to enjoy the updates as they come along. Only Palm will keep them coming incrementally, and apparently fairly frequently. My Pre is already significantly better than the device I bought in June. I used to not be able to search email! Now I can--makes it pretty easy to find that hotel reservation confirmation number. I used to not be able to copy links from a webpage. Now I can. It's faster than it used to be. It's more stable than it used to be. Soon it will have Flash, and perhaps before too long it will be able to record video.

I guess the point is that I bought into a platform, not a fixed set of capabilities. It's an exceptional platform.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by glomgold View Post

+1, Cheers
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Must we always be bombarded with "I am leaving" threads? Who cares you are leaving. You probably won't be missed and any reasons you listed for leaving are probably known to most people here. No, I didn't bother reading the post. It just mimicks the rest. Hmmmm, maybe I will post a " Tired of the I am leaving " post.
    you are wacko. the pre and webos are great.
    Good luck with your Verizon plan that will cost $30-40 more per month and that is without getting unlimited mobile to mobile...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast