Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    I have no issue with the OP wanting to abandon the Pre. That is his right to do so.

What I can't figure out why these people feel the need to leave with a drama filled exit??

I mean really... just go... and go quietly.

Can a moderator combine all these threads into ONE "I am leaving the Pre Thread"?
    Quote Originally Posted by johnflo88 View Post
    I think so,too!LOl'
    My phone is a Preeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    My next phone will be an Androiddddddddddddddddddddddddddd!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripcode View Post
    Can a moderator combine all these threads into ONE "I am leaving the Pre Thread"?
    hahaha cuz it will easily be twice as big than the largest thread in this entire forum.... I love WebOS as a concept but the feature set / hardware / software (no openGL, native languages, etc) made the Pre get a real bad first impression when it comes to being a real solid entry in the smartphone OS and that is gonna be hard to get developers to give it a second chance...

I left quietly for my Hero cuz i dont like these kinds of threads either, but i wish you all luck
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    ('')_('') signature to help him gain world domination
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike20PR View Post
    hahaha cuz it will easily be twice as big than the largest thread in this entire forum.... I love WebOS as a concept but the feature set / hardware / software (no openGL, native languages, etc) made the Pre get a real bad first impression when it comes to being a real solid entry in the smartphone OS and that is gonna be hard to get developers to give it a second chance...

I left quietly for my Hero cuz i dont like these kinds of threads either, but i wish you all luck
    How's the web browser on that, compared to the Pre?
    We need a sub forum for "im leaving because" threads. That way they wont be littered all over the place. And if anyone cares to read those they will all be in the same place.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    I am an employee in the retention department of Sprint and seen phones come and go and before I only used WinMo although I did have an ICRAP due to it was the coolest thing out BUT after 2 months of the thing and ALL THE battery problem and RUDE AT T reps and APPLE reps plus them wanting to charge me 56 dollars for a replacement battery I smashed the phone with a hammer and paid to get out of the the contract. Now when Pre came out we could not get it right away. So I had to wait, but now I got my Pre and also being visually impairred must say I will never pick up a different phone outside of Palm again as I first started with a palm 700p went to a Mogul then to 800w *CRAP* and to my beloved Touch Pro, finally got my upgrade to the Pre and will never look back just wished that i could make somethings bigger print but it is all good.

Side note the times that I did see alot of phone problems with the Mogul and TP is people messing with the register that did not know what they were doing and messed up the phone now the Mogul and TP does have their problems but not like those SOME complain about ( the phone bricking) we all know what that is from LOL. I am glad it is near impossible to brick the Pre.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    Samsung running a Sprint OS lol.
    I think the Samsung moment is going to be an Android phone, no?

Verizon is expensive as hell man, that alone keeps me from going, Sprint has the speed, decent coverage, and extremely nice prices.

I'm patiently (actually impatiently) waiting for a faster Android phone to hit. If its an HTC and has a better chip than the 528mhz Qualcomm, I will get it in a second, keyboard or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    How's the web browser on that, compared to the Pre?
    slower and less smooth when it comes to performance

but more functional IMO with the auto text reflow, and flash built in among other tools
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    ('')_('') signature to help him gain world domination
    I had never heard of the phrase "phone churners" before I read this thread!....I think its an appropriate term to describe whats going on....Pre was not designed to be the most technologically advanced phone of all time....People looking for the latest and greatest device will naturally want to move on after a while....People who like the pre will stick around and enjoy experiencing webOS develop...

In the meantime we all know that even the pre leavers keep coming back to hang out and post their statements on precentral!!...Why??...well what other phone forum is more entertaining and exiting than precentral.com!!...This is where the action is!!
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by glomgold View Post
    At least for a year or so.

Spint has fast become the network with the best selection of phones, and they just keep coming! I think I'm finally going to abandon my Pre for the Samsung Moment. I had previously planned to abandon my Pre for the Pixi, but I've since changed my mind.

I think given a year or two, webOS will be an amazing operating system, but for now, it just lacks too many features. Some of the features which it lacks are so basic that it's inexcusable for webOS to not have them. It really aggravates me that Palm seemingly spends so much time and effort fixing and re-fixing iTunes integration. I for one don't care about iTunes integration because I think iTunes stinks. I would rather Palm spend a few minutes adding custom notification alerts (just to name one thing) to webOS. I know it's possible to make webOS much more feature rich by adding hacks, but that's something I shouldn't have to do just to get a very, very basic feature.

Now for those who've used both webOS and Android; you know they're similar in many ways. In fact, the only real advantage webOS has over Droid (for now) is the clean way it does multi-tasking. For me, the coolness factor of the card system has worn off; I need something that has a richer feature set. I thought I could handle being an early adopter, but Palm just seems to have their priorities out of order when it comes to adding features to webOS.

I apologize for yet another "I'm ditching the Pre" thread, I just felt like venting for once. Everyone else gets to do it!
    To each his own but come on...

seriously the only people that need to post they're leaving Pre are developers and mods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike20PR View Post
    slower and less smooth when it comes to performance

but more functional IMO with the auto text reflow, and flash built in among other tools
    Ok, thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by legacybelts View Post
    I am an employee in the retention department of Sprint and seen phones come and go and before I only used WinMo although I did have an ICRAP due to it was the coolest thing out BUT after 2 months of the thing and ALL THE battery problem and RUDE AT T reps and APPLE reps plus them wanting to charge me 56 dollars for a replacement battery I smashed the phone with a hammer and paid to get out of the the contract. Now when Pre came out we could not get it right away. So I had to wait, but now I got my Pre and also being visually impairred must say I will never pick up a different phone outside of Palm again as I first started with a palm 700p went to a Mogul then to 800w *CRAP* and to my beloved Touch Pro, finally got my upgrade to the Pre and will never look back just wished that i could make somethings bigger print but it is all good.

Side note the times that I did see alot of phone problems with the Mogul and TP is people messing with the register that did not know what they were doing and messed up the phone now the Mogul and TP does have their problems but not like those SOME complain about ( the phone bricking) we all know what that is from LOL. I am glad it is near impossible to brick the Pre.
    I'm mad I burned my employee upgrade on the Pre. I had to use an adv. line to get the Hero.
    Global Posts
    2,477 Global Posts
    I personally love Android...

I loved WebOS as well...but to be completely honest...multi-taskings is the only thing WebOS offers over Android...

The Hero is by far my favorite phone that I've ever used. But I keep the Pre close because its a strong second.
    Global Posts
    2,477 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lost_cause View Post
    I'm mad I burned my employee upgrade on the Pre. I had to use an adv. line to get the Hero.
    I was given the Pre...so I was still able to use my employee upgrade on the Hero when the time came. It was well worth it...:^:
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    I've got to admit, I'm just attached to the way WebOS offers multitasking and the gestures are pretty addicting.
    Quote Originally Posted by legacybelts View Post
    I am an employee in the retention department of Sprint ...

... I smashed the phone with a hammer
    These two phrases answer many of the questions I've had over the years regarding the quality of CSRs Sprint insists on hiring. Perhaps if Sprint instituted anger management courses their CSRs wouldn't alienate so many of their future-former customers.
  17. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mr2man07 View Post
    I think the Samsung moment is going to be an Android phone, no?

Verizon is expensive as hell man, that alone keeps me from going, Sprint has the speed, decent coverage, and extremely nice prices.

I'm patiently (actually impatiently) waiting for a faster Android phone to hit. If its an HTC and has a better chip than the 528mhz Qualcomm, I will get it in a second, keyboard or not.

The SE X-10 looks nice

Unthinkable - Android 2.0 brings Sony Ericsson’s Rachael to market as X10
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12