View Poll Results: Which Wireless Unit will Pound?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Treo

11 73.33%
  • i705

1 6.67%
  • Blackberry

1 6.67%
  • Other

2 13.33%
  1.    #1  
    In This Corner:
    Weighing in at 5.9 ounces, with dimensions of 4.7" by 3.1" by 0.6", the all new Palm eye-seven-oh-five!
    ...rahhh, rahhh...
    This Monster of the Midlevel sports potential for always-on email, 8 megabytes of onboard RAM, a Flash-Rom chip for its OS 4.0 core, and an SD expansion slot. Clip a keyboard on its universal connector and you have one lean, mean, email machine! Give it up for PALM!
    ...rahhm rahhh...

And in This Corner:
    Weighin in at 5.4 ounces, with dimensions of 4.3" x 2.7" x 0.7" , the all new Handspring Tree-Oh!
    ...rahhm rahhh...
    This Titan of Talk also has the potential for always-on email, has an Ogre-Sized 16 megs of RAM, an optional Qwerty Keyboard, Voice Capabilities, yet no expansion and a non-flashable ROM with an outdated OS. But you can talk on it folks, and quickly dial anybody in your huge addressbook! Lets hear it for Handspring!
    ...rahhm rahhh...

...Which one of these hurricanes in a teacup will come out on top? Who will reign as champion? Or will the RIM rise up and destroy them both?
    I think Treo will end up on top as it appeals to a wider audience. It appeals to the cell phone crowd who are looking for something relatively small (unlike Samsung's device) andlets you store what ever you need. It also appeals to the PDA crowd who are looking for something to clear up their clutter of devices and to eliminate having to using beaming to link their cell phone and PDA.

The i705 has really only the PDA crowd. Sure its nice to have wireless and I think people will buy, but I don't think with the same numbers as the Treo.

However, despite the fact I think that the Treo will be the winner, I would actually rather get the i705 due to its expansion slot. However, I think I will get a T615C anyway.
    Did you just go near a burning hot river of lava or are you just happy to see me?
    My money is on none of the above for the consumer market due to cost. And the blackberry for enterprise.
    I vote for the new Zaurus Phone (You did know they were making one of those too right???)
    Originally posted by Techie2000
    I vote for the new Zaurus Phone (You did know they were making one of those too right???)
    And you pointed and laughed when I bought an iMac.
    Originally posted by dampeoples

And you pointed and laughed when I bought an iMac.
    Oh the new Zaurus phone will be 3G, I can't find that link I had with pics but when I do I will post...