Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26
  1.    #1  
    I am most likely gonna do it guys. I loved the Pre but after the completely lag free hero and no oreo issues I am gonna do it. I paid 278$ for my Pre would i need to put more cash down on the Hero? Or how does it work?
  2. #2  
    If you are eligble for an upgrade, then you can get it for $179.99 or you have to pay the for price of $479.99 minus any discounts you can get from Sprint. You can also buy the Hero from phone from eBay.
  3. #3  
    Chances are you got your "upgrade" when you bought your Pre. Unless you have another line of service or are within your 30 days, you are going to be paying FULL price for the Hero.

    Make sure you do your homework with the Hero...I am hearing mixed reviews...some good, some bad, hence the "mixed".
    I likey take apart thingies....
  4. #4  
    I have the Pre for personal and now the Hero for work. The Pre runs circles around the Hero in every category but two. Video camera and Apps.

    The Pre is great, and I would hardly call the Hero lag free. However, if you do decide to drop the Pre, you will likely be soaked for the full price of the Hero. Not worth it in my opinion, but do what you want.
  5. #5  
    bad choice
  6. roxics's Avatar
    Posts
    36 Posts
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    The Pre runs circles around the Hero in every category but two.
    See I completely disagree. I enjoy the Hero much more then the Pre and find that it in fact runs circles around the Pre. I've experienced no lag compared to the Pre and the battery life is so much better to boot.

    To each their own I guess.
  7. #7  
    I wish I had the money to make the switch. I played with it up at sprint. (I was up there to get yet another Pre due to the phone shutting off whenever it wants to) It was a great phone. I figure by the time i am elgible to get another phone, there will be a NEW phone with a 12 Mega Pixel camera and the ability to do my homework. XD
  8.    #8  
    Its within my first 30 days of course.
  9. #9  
    then you would have to return the pre, so you would get your 278$ back

    they would charge you a 35$ restocking fee, if your lucky you can talk your way out of it.

    then you would pay 279.99(discluding tax) + 35 restocking with a 100$ mail and rebate.

    so the hero would be about 302$ + 35 restocking gee = 337$

    hero 337 - pre 278 = you would have to drop 59-75$(depending on your tax%) more and thats just an estimate

    If its the phone you truly think you will be happy with do it thats whats most important the pre isn't for everyone. but in time through updates I dont think you can compare these two phones anymore.
    Last edited by jpdaballa; 10/20/2009 at 04:01 PM.
    Treo 700wx > Treo 755p > Treo 800w > IPhone 3g > Treo Pro > Palm Pre
  10. YafaKlan's Avatar
    Posts
    33 Posts
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    #10  
    loved my pre but now im fed up with it. i think i might go the way of the hero. my oreo is getting worse. too much lag in the pre. and now the speaker has a tin can like sound. and i wish all my business software would come out with an app for the pre, but alas, they're not even looking towards it. android seems to be the future.

    another turnoff is the case that i bought for it will not stay on a week without breaking. but the good people that i bought it from (seidio) do send me free replacements because they rock like that.

    good news is that i am eligible for the $150 off. bad news is that I have a touchstone and a pre that I dont know what I'll do with.
  11.    #11  
    I'll pass on trading in my pre then. I thought it would just be a straight up trade with maybe 20-30 bucks down.
  12. jaman71's Avatar
    Posts
    127 Posts
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    #12  
    I am going on my third pre due to hardware issues. I called Sprint Cust Service to voice my displeasure. They offered to replace my Pre or do an advanced exchange or something like that which would let get another phone. I'm sticking with the Pre at least for one more phone so I'm not sure what the cost, if any, for the advanced exchange would be.
  13.    #13  
    Would I need to go to the store I Got my Pre from to get it exchanged? I got the oreo effect and I dont like that. Also would I need to do some sort of backup of all my data and settings?
  14. jcross22's Avatar
    Posts
    91 Posts
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    #14  
    would you mind describing the lag you experience on the pre? Ive found that even with all the patches and homebrew I have loaded on mine with multiple cards open It remains amazingly snappy, people who play with it are also impressed with how fluid and quick it feels when playing with it. Maybe you have a dud pre.
  15.    #15  
    Its really not much at all. Its like a millisecond to open apps.
  16. #16  
    I have a pre and a hero. I'll tell you a few things. The Hero's screen is not as responsive as the Pre's.. The Hero has so many more/better apps. Apps that aren't just pulling information from the web and calling themselves apps. The Hero is snappy, period. I see a bog down ONCE in a BLUE moon. The browser on the Hero is better also, IMO. It loads quickly and looks nice.

    People go "Well the Pre has better hardware".. True, it does, but the Hero also uses its GPU to take some of the load away from the CPU. Thus you see a vast speed increase in the Hero. I am a bit disappointed that the Hero doesn't have the "Beef" that a smartphone should have right now. Granted, its only 70mhz slower then the Pre, but still, we all love to have powerful devices.

    The Pre does have advantages, such as the keyboard. The onscreen keyboard on the Hero blows my sack. I hate it. The pre seems to be more organized and easier. The pre's calendar and email totally SUCK compared the the Hero's. My Hero's calendar loads up immediately, no lag, nothing.
  17. #17  
    You gonna buy the hero and want the hd2 or HTC Dragon when they come around anyway.
  18. Munda's Avatar
    Posts
    11 Posts
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by tntsniper View Post
    I have a pre and a hero. I'll tell you a few things. The Hero's screen is not as responsive as the Pre's.. The Hero has so many more/better apps. Apps that aren't just pulling information from the web and calling themselves apps. The Hero is snappy, period. I see a bog down ONCE in a BLUE moon. The browser on the Hero is better also, IMO. It loads quickly and looks nice.

    People go "Well the Pre has better hardware".. True, it does, but the Hero also uses its GPU to take some of the load away from the CPU. Thus you see a vast speed increase in the Hero. I am a bit disappointed that the Hero doesn't have the "Beef" that a smartphone should have right now. Granted, its only 70mhz slower then the Pre, but still, we all love to have powerful devices.

    The Pre does have advantages, such as the keyboard. The onscreen keyboard on the Hero blows my sack. I hate it. The pre seems to be more organized and easier. The pre's calendar and email totally SUCK compared the the Hero's. My Hero's calendar loads up immediately, no lag, nothing.
    Hi, thanks for the post. Hows the Hero's calendar and texting? those are my two biggest complaints with the Pre, business wise at least. Thanks
  19. Munda's Avatar
    Posts
    11 Posts
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    #19  
    Does anyone think Pre will ever be a good business phone? I'm not expecting Blackberry but my 755 was better.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric1987 View Post
    I am most likely gonna do it guys. I loved the Pre but after the completely lag free hero and no oreo issues I am gonna do it. I paid 278$ for my Pre would i need to put more cash down on the Hero? Or how does it work?
    Kind of hard to have oreo issues with the Hero when it doesn't have a slider.

    The Hero looks great but without a hardware keyboard = no deal.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions