Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    At least until the Clie can hotsynch to a Macintosh out of the box. I love Sony but the least they can do is license and bundle MissingSynch.
    Originally posted by jdpuglisi
    At least until the Clie can hotsynch to a Macintosh out of the box. I love Sony but the least they can do is license and bundle MissingSynch.
    Take a look at this review of the T615C. While it doesn't sync with the Mac out of the box, the Clie (as I would expect) works fine with standard Palm Desktop application -- in this case, the Beta Mac OS X version.

The downside would be that there would be no software to allow you to mount memory sticks as a drive through your Clie, as you can with Windows -- but I'm not sure how big a deal that is.

IMO, the lack of "memory stick mounting" (ouch! ) would pale against the problem that faces all Macintosh-based Palm PDA users: all the various Palm Apps you can't sync with on a Mac because the company doesn't make a Mac conduit for the application -- only a Windows one.
    Jeff Meyer

"And he died like he lived: with his mouth wide open."
    Originally posted by bookrats

The downside would be that there would be no software to allow you to mount memory sticks as a drive through your Clie, as you can with Windows -- but I'm not sure how big a deal that is.

IMO, the lack of "memory stick mounting" (ouch! ) would pale against the problem that faces all Macintosh-based Palm PDA users: all the various Palm Apps you can't sync with on a Mac because the company doesn't make a Mac conduit for the application -- only a Windows one.
    Not true, the new version of the Missing Sync allows you to mount the memory stick to the Macintosh, and it works great. Suuuupper fast too! Can load a 3 MB MP3 in less than 10 seconds.
    nelson.hsieh
    good artists copy, great artists steal. . .
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Thanks for the review and it's good news to see the T615C synchs with the OS X Palm Desktop. By the time I upgrade to OS X, I might be ready to jump from my Pro to a Clie.

Missing Synch allows memory stick mounting on the Mac OS 8.6 through 9.2 so when you add that to its ability to synch to Palm Desktop, it makes it a necessary part of the mac bundle.

I'm just a little disappointed that Sony tends to omit support for Mac in their products. I have a great Sony digital camera which works great with my mac but the new Sony mp3 players (network walkman) don't have mac support. Oh well.
    And in OS 9, if you have missing sync, it works with the T615 too! This is useful because the OSX version of Palm Desktop doesn't have all of my conduits yet.

Mike
    Yea! Forgot to add, that's only in non OSX Macs. After losing my clie, I don't know what's up with Missing Sync for Mac OS X, but I know they were quick to work on it...good luck! I'm sure they'll be very quick to support all new sony models, as they have been...
    nelson.hsieh
    good artists copy, great artists steal. . .