1.    #1  
    Thought you guys might get a kick out of this.

There are a series of huge posters ads at Hartsfield Airport in Atlanta that feature the iPaq and m505 side by side. The message they try to convey is 1) The Palm cannot display rich graphical information and 2) you need an iPaq to work with your Office docs. Those two points are easily proven false.

What's really funny to me is that the ads inadvertantly 1) show the 505 next to the iPaq, revealing the clear size advantage and 2) give the 505 a screen that is much brighter than it really is!

Thanks, Compaq, for your support of the Palm Community!
    That IS a Palm III form-factor in my pocket, AND I'm happy to see you.
    You have to understand, size matters not for some people, including myself. My iPAQ 3835 fits in my pocket just fine and doesn't really show at all. In my opinion, you only need the Palm V form factor if a) you have really small pants, and really small pockets, or b) if you like the "executive" look of the m505.
  3.    #3  
    What's your occupation, if you don't mind me asking?
    That IS a Palm III form-factor in my pocket, AND I'm happy to see you.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Originally posted by b1lanceman
    You have to understand, size matters not for some people, including myself. My iPAQ 3835 fits in my pocket just fine and doesn't really show at all. In my opinion, you only need the Palm V form factor if a) you have really small pants, and really small pockets, or b) if you like the "executive" look of the m505.
    You have to understand, size matters for some people, including myself. My visor deluxe never fit in my pocket just fine and does really show as a buldge. In my opinion, you only need a ipaq or VDX form factor if a) you have really big pants, and really big pockets, or b) if you're like the multimedia features of an ipaq.

My real post:

Those ads are clearly aimed towards "non-educated" pda consumers. When you talk to joe-shmoe on the street, a PDA is better because a) it's smaller b) it's got a nice screen to look at. Functionality and Software Aside, Compaq clearly goofed on that ad.