Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @Shadavis08 and @donm527, chuck it guys. It is already moved so, please don't escalate this, let it be.
    kool here
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    thanks ,it was just wishful thinking on my part lol
    Understood.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    kool here
    me too! ... don't wanna get banned again lol.
    Not gonna jump in and bash because it seems all the people from the pre side come here to start stuff hoping the thread will be closed.

I know it sucks to come to this side and see all positives. Read the pages of the pre forum and take in all the complaints and I need a patch for this and that. I would be mad too
    ya I think I will be picking up a hero too today
    I'm really interested in the Hero, simply due to the app limit on the Pre is psycho. There is bugs in both platforms most likely, as they are both first gen phones, so I'm not sure I want to change just yet. If Palm steps up there game and fixes a few of the flaws it has, I wouldn't think twice about sticking with the Pre.

But thanks for letting us know you switched, I would appreciate it if you could contrast the two phones and let us know why you switched. The more information you give, the smarter it makes you look, rather than the appearance of siring up a Pre forum. lol
    there is a simply way to get like unmilited app on ur pre without worriying about the limit memory. u just have to root every app i do it and it works great have 167 on it but with out rooting its full.
    Quote Originally Posted by superdog87 View Post
    I'm really interested in the Hero, simply due to the app limit on the Pre is psycho. There is bugs in both platforms most likely, as they are both first gen phones, so I'm not sure I want to change just yet. If Palm steps up there game and fixes a few of the flaws it has, I wouldn't think twice about sticking with the Pre.

But thanks for letting us know you switched, I would appreciate it if you could contrast the two phones and let us know why you switched. The more information you give, the smarter it makes you look, rather than the appearance of siring up a Pre forum. lol
    The Hero is HTC 3rd Android phone, so they should have all the Android bugs worked out, except for the missing features from Android itself.

Over all The Sense UI is first gen, but the Sprint Hero is the second implementation of it. There were time between the Euro release and the US release to iron out any bugs, except for the ones unique to the US market.
    ok so I went to the store to have my pre exchanged for the Hero today, used the phone for a while and works great. However, as soon as I saw it and noticed that rediculous 16bit color screen I couldn't get myself to do it. I am definatelly sticking with the pre. Its all around a better phone.
    Good luck, just hope that great plastic screen on the pre never breaks on you. The most fragile phone I have ever had and I have had a large amount of them.
    Hardware is the easiest thing to fix in future updates. In a short 6 months, it'll be silly season again for new iphones, pre's, etc. I'm more concerned with usability, OS, platform, etc. It's an investment for me. All these apps you buy and what not. I've already decided a while back to stick with Apple and will be for quite awhile (that was part of the decision..deciding long term). AT&T recently upgraded my area to 3G and so any desire to go back to Sprint is gone. AT&T's service is actually much better now (than sprint) here for me locally.

But we are holding off buying any Palm apps for wife til we see where things are going. Not to mention some problems in that there is nothing worth buying, and i'm still concerned about not being able to store purchases on the computer to restore later. It's just too beta..
    I, for one, am looking forward to giving the Hero a whirl. As a Pre user who only just switched from Verizon (this past Wednesday), I'm not wedded to the platform yet, though I will say that I'm extremely pleased with what I've seen thus far. It's hard for me to imagine that the Android OS running the Sense UI will be as intuitive as WebOS, but hey, I won't know until I try it, right? I do wish they'd kept the original design intact, though -- chin and all -- rather than this generic slab that's being foisted on Sprint. Oh well, can't have everything...

My only real gripe with the Pre lies with the hardware, which we all know can be addressed in subsequent releases; the real investment is with the OS, as cardfan so aptly pointed out. As such, I'm willing to put up with the wobble and the creaks, knowing (hoping) that a more solid design is in the works. Of course, if it turns out that the Hero works better for me, then it's sayonara to the Pre (if anyone is looking for a Touchstone, Seido 1350, and a Piel Frama i-Magnum black case, keep your eyes peeled for my next post... ).

At the end of the day, these are tools we're talking about here, and ultimately we have to go with the one that works best for our individual needs. Somehow I doubt that the Hero will wind up coming home with me, but the proof is in the pudding, as my grandmother would say.

Regards,
    Adam
    Last edited by acraniotes; 10/12/2009 at 11:01 AM.
    Sony: NR70, NX80
    Palm: III, V, Vx, IIIc, m505, LifeDrive, Treo 700p, Palm Pre
    Android: HTC Evo 4G
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pathymo View Post
    k thanks bye
    Funny!
    IT'S NOT A DAMN BLACKBERRY!....
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Goodbye Precentral, no hard feelings against you guys or the Pre per say. But i bought the Hero yesterday and it is definitely a better prepared phone with 10,000 more apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by polo79 View Post
    Goodbye Precentral, no hard feelings against you guys or the Pre per say. But i bought the Hero yesterday and it is definitely a better prepared phone with 10,000 more apps.
    Good luck with your new phone.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12