1.    #1  
    Was just thinking about it, but which PDA is the REAL thin PDA?

I mean, by specs, the Palm V is the thinnest in the world. Rex doesn't count . However, the Palm V and Palm m500 series, when you add a decent case to protect it, you bring the thickness up much more. It's not 0.44" thick anymore, it's like 0.6" And like the Sony Clie N700 series, it's pretty thin at first, but when you add a good case, like the EB's, my Clie was 1" thick . All those "THIN" PDAs are not so thin after all, in your pocket, after you add a case.

However! The Edge comes with an awesome stock case, integreated flip covers are great! You don't HAVE to buy a new case for it because it sucks. The same with the Palm III series, I don't really like the m100 series covers. The Clie covers are a joke. So in MY opinion, the REAL Thin PDA in world is the Visor Edge
    nelson.hsieh
    good artists copy, great artists steal. . .
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    I am in total agreement. Form factor wise, the edge is tops in my book. the flip cover went a long way in keeping it thin and useful. I eventually went to an m505 and the hassle of looking for a decent case was long and tedious. The default leather flip flap thing is okay, but boy, did i miss that flip cover. I had dreams about someone figuring out a way to modify and graft the edge flip cover to an m505. Closest i ever got was www.paralleldesign.com.

I even love the way the stylus clips onto the side of the case. The movement is much smoother and shorter than yanking out the long stylus out of all other palms.

I don't want to sound like a fanboy here but if there was a colour edge... i'd be all over that sucker.. Other than form factor, I'd have to say colour adds a lot to the overal user experience.

My usage of PDA goes games->calendar->todo->memo->address->misc. And i only use my pda ~1 hour a day, so it's the simple functions that I make the most out of.

Boy.. all this thought has made me consider picking up an new edge to replace my m505.

Thanks for the memories...
  3.    #3  
    LOL, niiice....

Yea, I went from a Sony 710 down to a Visor Edge, and the only thing I missing is the MP3 function, which I didn't use much. I find the extra storage was just given to games, which dont help me much, just kill my productivity! haha...I'm loving the form factor of it...but I think that "color" Visor Edge of yours it out now...

Sony 615! The specs are almost EXACTLY the same as the edge, size, weight, etc. But it has a high-res color transreflective screen, 16 MB RAM, memory stick slot, jog dial . The Flip Cover is no where near the Edge though... Gosh, why can't Palm or Sony spend just a LITTLE money on case R&D????
    nelson.hsieh
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Oh, Don't think I haven't been reading *every* piece of Sony T615 news there has been... I Have! That seems (for me at least) like the next best thing. It'll have the memory slot I've grown used to, the colour and size i'm used to, plus the jog dial, hig rez screen, polyphonic sound, and the enhanced IR make everything that much better.

But it doesn't seem like an appropriate upgrade from an m505. I think for me, I'd be more willing to go pocketpc for the games and multimedia since that's what I seem to be using my pda for most of the time anyways...

Oh the decisions.. Why can't i just keep the money?

at least Since i'm in canada I have to wait a few months for it to be available in retail markets... By the time I can buy the 615, there will be plenty of first hand opinions about it.

yellow
  5.    #5  
    Hmm, yea, dats true....However, the COLOR is wayyy better on the T615 compared to an m505! I guess the upgrade doesn't seem that worth it though. Don't forget the 16 MB RAM. I think you outta just wait, and see what Sony comes out with next
    nelson.hsieh