1.    #1  
    Will I buy a device with a low OS that's not flashable. My Vdx works but I always hold out on buying stuff for it because of the OS incampatibility. I probably won't buy a new PDA until this summer...but when I do its either a Palm OS5 Visor or maybe I will look at another company...

I don't think that's right that Handspring refuses to use FlashROM. So I will be faithful and wait for a new Visor. If no new Visor comes out I think it will be safe to assume its been abandoned by Handpsring...
    I do not think that Handspring's No FlashROM policy will change. They are doing pretty well even though they are the only PALM OS device manufacturer with this policy. I change my PDA just about every year so the lack of FlashROM is not a big deal to me.
    Originally posted by Techie2000
    Will I buy a device with a low OS that's not flashable. My Vdx works but I always hold out on buying stuff for it because of the OS incampatibility. I probably won't buy a new PDA until this summer...but when I do its either a Palm OS5 Visor or maybe I will look at another company...

I don't think that's right that Handspring refuses to use FlashROM. So I will be faithful and wait for a new Visor. If no new Visor comes out I think it will be safe to assume its been abandoned by Handpsring...
    I have had a handspring device since they first came out, I never ran into a problem where I wanted to get something for it and didn't get it because the os wasn't upgradable.

Other than a couple of springboards that couldn't\wouldn't work with the deluxes what can't you run?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    If you want to upgrade to OS5, that's supposed to be run off a ARM processor anyway - what good would a flashable ROM do then?
  5.    #5  
    Specifically I'm interested in using PiDirect on my Visor. Unlike most people I don't have the luxury of being able to buy a new PDA every year. Its not about wanting OS5 its about wanting to run more proggies.