Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Adjei View Post
    Yeah Apple colluded with the labels to have DRM on songs. I guess that's why Apple was the one pushing for DRM free songs and the first store to have them with the labels holding out. Real sound logic.
    Adjei I dont even know what a DRM is, but I know that my son uses itunes on his pre.

I also know that by looking all over your posts that you don't even own a pre. It's nice to know that you love it over here in precentral and not in another phone forum where you probably should be. Your obsession with this topic has been quite funny. There's a word for you and it rhymes with roll

Thanks for fixing the sync Palm!
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    ok the sync is great but why is it so important to people 90% of the people already have an older i tunes version. Why do you have to get the updated version of itunes. there is never anything new on the next versions. i have not updated my itunes in 10 months and it works fine. So just don't dwnload the new versions. The real story is why havent they given us paid apps yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by dhamp2g View Post
    ok the sync is great but why is it so important to people 90% of the people already have an older i tunes version. Why do you have to get the updated version of itunes. there is never anything new on the next versions. i have not updated my itunes in 10 months and it works fine. So just don't dwnload the new versions. The real story is why havent they given us paid apps yet.
    I have lots of free apps and am very happy! I am also very happy that sprint is allowing this phone to be so open! Nothing but good to say from my camp. At least you used better language in this post.
    What else do we expect from Palm *******. You know Apple was the first store to have DRM free music. It was the labels holding on for DRM, go learn something new before spewing crap. What else do we expect from ******* supporting leeches.
    boy apple is sure lucky to have you around, while you have ur head that far up steves rear check on that liver er...mineral imbalance for him would you? Wouldn't want the stock to fall again....
    Last edited by mrloserpunk; 10/03/2009 at 06:21 PM.
    Yeah Apple colluded with the labels to have DRM on songs. I guess that's why Apple was the one pushing for DRM free songs and the first store to have them with the labels holding out. Real sound logic.
    They didn't collude but they took advantage of the proprietary FairPlay format to lock down iTunes to competitors. Microsoft tried doing the same with PlaysForSure but failed.

In both cases the music industry needed protection, and as is so often the case, the gatekeeper simply took advantage to advance its own interests.

What we're seeing now was inevitable. As soon as Amazon challenged Apple with DRM free music, it was just a matter of time before iTunes loses its special status. Vendor ID is the last vestige of that status.
    Which is exactly what I said, they only reasons why they are using iTunes is because it's popular. So why can't they also hack iTunes so I can use apps from the store on the Pre. After all aps are pretty popular. What if I bought apps from the app store but now have a Pre. I should be able to use the apps on the Pre and should be able to sync it. After all Palm is all for consumer choice right?
    I mean if you wanted those apps on your phone, more power to you. They won't work at all, but sure, let Palm fight to let people sync broken apps to their phone

We're talking DRM-free MP3s here. These are files that work on any MP3 player. The consumer deserves to be able to move those files anywhere they please using the application of their choosing. Palm is making this possible, and mark my words, soon many other MP3 players will be syncing directly with iTunes. The party is almost over for Apple in this respect.

Is Palm playing dirty? Yes. But the ends will justify the means in this case -- obviously they are playing within the law, or Apple would've filed a suit already. The future is bright for iTunes in any case.
    Quote Originally Posted by tarirene View Post
    I don't understand why people keep updating itunes. It's not like the updates are in any way important, interesting, or adding new functionality I in any way need or want. Ever since I got my pre it syncs fine with itunes and it will continue to do so!
    Because I bought the new Nano, which won't work with older versions. So it's nice to be able to sync both my Pre and my Nano, and I won't be updating itunes again anytime soon.
    Palm Pilot --> Palm M130 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Treo 650 --> Palm Centro --> PALM PRE!
    Quote Originally Posted by dhamp2g View Post
    People should REALLY listen to what you're saying! Having just spent 6 hours fixing (by reverting to iTunes 8) a failed iTunes 9 installation (a clean install, no less), I think the question everyone should ask themselves is: why update to iTunes 9? It is a seriously bloated pig of a program, in spite of Apple's marketing Windows as bloated, and a quick look at the iTunes support forum shows I wasn't alone in experiencing installation errors.

iTunes 9 destroyed my library after it started up the first time...which it shouldn't have done because I got a "program will NOT start due to missing blah blah blah dll"...which was missing why, since I did a clean install? Luckily, I had an old copy of the xml file, or I'd be working on a couple hundred playlists right now
    IMHO, my PRE works well with or without ITunes. I kept using Itunes 8.2 and kept synching with my PRE. I'm now using 9.1,,and still synching with my PRE...no change. All this comes down to is you ( the general public ) being able to use YOUR music that YOU paid for on any device YOU choose. People talk about the government infringing on their rights....well APPLE is doing just that. Telling YOU that YOU have to use THEIR products to synch the music that YOU bought. That infringes on my rights as a consumer. Palm may not win , but the point is to give YOU ( the general public ) a choice on how YOU want to use the music YOU paid for. I call it ..."Public Option".!!!
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Global Posts
    708 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Slayix312 View Post
    In what way is what I described illegal? So YES it is alright. Most of your analogies are horrible anyway. The only people ****ed off about this are apple fan-boys. Suck it up = - ).

Edit: Also you need to read what I wrote again. PALM IS NOT HACKING itunes as you seem to think with this comment.

No it's akin to RIM fixing their Blackberrys to sync with itunes. RIM isn't touching itunes and modifying it to allow their Blackberrys. That would be illegal.
    Yes RIM knows its illegal which is why they made their own syncing solution. I wonder why Palm is the only company doing this.
    Global Posts
    708 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Twosted View Post
    Anyway, I don't understand why Apple wouldn't want as many devices as possible to sync to ITunes. Thier excuse is that if people want to sync to ITunes the will have to buy an IPod. Who buys an IPod just so they can use ITunes? You buy an IPod because you WANT an Ipod. I don't buy a car and always take it to the dealer to get the oil changed. I do it myself or take it to someone else. And I don't buy the car based on the fact that the dealer has the best oil changers out there. Seems petty on Apple's part.
    Why do you care, it's their reasoning. Isn't a company allowed to create their own software and allow it to sync with their own hardware. I wonder what Palm would do if Apple ceased development for itunes tomorrow. Would they take them to court and force them to continue development, bloody leeches.
    Global Posts
    708 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by egretman View Post
    Yes, and Apple used the European anti-trust to bust the music industry.

But Apple knows how this came is played. And they are not suing Palm over sync because they know a battle in Europe is coming.
    LOL please show me how Apple used any European anti trust to bust the music industry and please show me when an anti trust investigation was specifically launched against Apple in Europe. Some of you are hilarious.
    Global Posts
    708 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by notaphonegeek View Post
    Adjei I dont even know what a DRM is, but I know that my son uses itunes on his pre.

I also know that by looking all over your posts that you don't even own a pre. It's nice to know that you love it over here in precentral and not in another phone forum where you probably should be. Your obsession with this topic has been quite funny. There's a word for you and it rhymes with roll

Thanks for fixing the sync Palm!
    Yes I get heated when companies decide to become leeches, sue me.
    Global Posts
    708 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    boy apple is sure lucky to have you around, while you have ur head that far up steves rear check on that liver er...mineral imbalance for him would you? Wouldn't want the stock to fall again....
    Yes and Palm is lucky to have ******* like you ready to suck whatever garbage they shove in your throat.
    Global Posts
    708 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sivan View Post
    They didn't collude but they took advantage of the proprietary FairPlay format to lock down iTunes to competitors. Microsoft tried doing the same with PlaysForSure but failed.

In both cases the music industry needed protection, and as is so often the case, the gatekeeper simply took advantage to advance its own interests.

What we're seeing now was inevitable. As soon as Amazon challenged Apple with DRM free music, it was just a matter of time before iTunes loses its special status. Vendor ID is the last vestige of that status.
    Did you think before writing that? You know the music labels put the DRM songs on itunes. Apple had DRM free songs before Amazon launched their music store, so how the heck could Amazon be challenging anybody. Amazon has failed to make any decent headway against Apple in two years. Maybe with Palm, they can get 6% of the market now.
    Yes RIM knows its illegal which is why they made their own syncing solution. I wonder why Palm is the only company doing this.

so we can expect apple to file a suit? I doubt that. I say welcome to 2009. A long way from 1984 eh?
    Global Posts
    708 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jrstinkfish View Post
    I mean if you wanted those apps on your phone, more power to you. They won't work at all, but sure, let Palm fight to let people sync broken apps to their phone

We're talking DRM-free MP3s here. These are files that work on any MP3 player. The consumer deserves to be able to move those files anywhere they please using the application of their choosing. Palm is making this possible, and mark my words, soon many other MP3 players will be syncing directly with iTunes. The party is almost over for Apple in this respect.

Is Palm playing dirty? Yes. But the ends will justify the means in this case -- obviously they are playing within the law, or Apple would've filed a suit already. The future is bright for iTunes in any case.
    Last time I checked, you could put songs from itunes onto your Pre without syncing. Why doesn't Palm take a clue from RIM and develop their own solution. I forgot they are leeches, why else would they do it, when they can leech of someone else.

Yes maybe in the fairy tale world you live in you can use any application you want to sync with whatever you want. I wonder why a Pre doesn't sync with RIM's Desktop Manager or why an ipod doesn't sync with Zune Desktop. I wonder why.

The party is almost over for Apple. Don't make me laugh. None of this is affecting any of Apple's ipod and iphone customers. They are all able to sync their devices wonderfully with itunes. It's the Pre customers who are left finding solutions when their Pres can't sync with itunes. Apple has 30 billion in the bank to fight this. Palm already got smacked by the USB group when they ran crying to them. Now the ******* are waiting for the European Union to come help them. I can't wait for the Union to give them the dirty slap they deserve for being leeches.

Yes they are playing dirty, you even admitted. They are leeches. The only reason anybody gives a damn about them these days is they've found a way to attach their name to Apple. Find me one article about Palm in the last 10 months without something about Apple in that same article. Palm are like that annoying fly around you who doesn't want to go away.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Why do you care, it's their reasoning. Isn't a company allowed to create their own software and allow it to sync with their own hardware. I wonder what Palm would do if Apple ceased development for itunes tomorrow. Would they take them to court and force them to continue development, bloody leeches.
    A) I don't care
    B) They can sync it to thier hardware all they want, but don't exclude other devices.
    C) Why so defensive? Apple isn't paying your mortgage.
    Global Posts
    708 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post

so we can expect apple to file a suit? I doubt that. I say welcome to 2009. A long way from 1984 eh?
    Palm already got smacked by the USB group. That should be enough for Apple. The USB group saw Palm for what they are, a bunch of leeches. Expect a new itunes update in about a week which affects none of Apple's ipod and iphone customers but makes more inconveniences for Palm's second rate device.
    Global Posts
    708 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Twosted View Post
    A) I don't care
    B) They can sync it to thier hardware all they want, but don't exclude other devices.
    C) Why so defensive? Apple isn't paying your mortgage.
    You cared enough to comment on this. Going by your logic every mp3 player in the world and every phone must be able to sync to itunes and I guess when something goes wrong, Apple should be supporting all those devices. Apple choose a set of devices they want syncing with their software, which they will support, sue them if you don't like their terms.

No Apple is not paying my mortgage. I just don't like companies becoming leeches.
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast