Page 1 of 19 12345611 ... LastLast
    And how does this relate to the Pre?
  2.    #3  
    I am under the impression that I am not the only person here who is interested in some nicer, more solid hardware.

My pre is starting to twist like so many others, so I feel the clock is ticking.

Quote Originally Posted by ronnienyc View Post
    I am under the impression that I am not the only person here who is interested in some nicer, more solid hardware.

My pre is starting to twist like so many others, so I feel the clock is ticking.

there are hero forums. post this there.
    I'm thinking about buying a boat. What do you guys think of Sea Rays?
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    I'm thinking about buying a boat. What do you guys think of Sea Rays?
    I prefer the ____________ Model instead. I say go for it. Boats are fun.
    I actually feel that it is quite low to learn a secret from someone who stole it. I also never buy stolen merchandise. Well... Maybe once. But I shot my foot with it.
  7.    #8  
    Well what are you guys going to do if your Pre breaks in half like some of them seem to be likely to do? Buy another one?
    (I do like my Pre, but I now have it sitting idle because it's getting more and more flimsy, and I fired up my Tour instead - only because it's more solid.) I don't like the BB OS, so Android seems like a reasonable alternative until Palm does us good with some solid handsets.
    Well what are you guys going to do if your Pre breaks in half like some of them seem to be likely to do? Buy another one?
    I would try to get it fixed under warranty if it broke during normal use and not dropped, or abused.

I'm pretty sure there will be new WebOS phones coming out in the next year, if my Pre doesn't hold up then I'll go with a different one.
    (I do like my Pre, but I now have it sitting idle because it's getting more and more flimsy, and I fired up my Tour instead - only because it's more solid.) I don't like the BB OS, so Android seems like a reasonable alternative until Palm does us good with some solid handsets.
    Dude, throw away two of those phones and keep one. Which would you chose?
    So, is ronnie pushing his Hero agenda on Pre forum?

Ps...i have not seen a Pre that "looks like it will break in half"

Stories of the Pre's demise have been greatly exaggerated.
  11.    #12  
    Like a lot of people who bought the Pre, my only agenda is to have a cool modern OS phone (though NOT an iPhone) with a solid handset. If Palm has a more solid device in the works I suggest they would be well advised to leak some photos. I'm serious. Seems to me the Pre is going to be a tough sell when it's sitting next to the teflon HERO on the Sprint store counter. No? (and hasn't it's got thousands of apps?) I'm just saying.
    Last edited by ronnienyc; 08/27/2009 at 07:49 PM.
    If Palm has a more solid device in the works I suggest they would be well advised to leak some photos. I'm serious.
    Like this one?

Moved to Cross-Platform Chat.

- Craig
  14.    #15  
    I have seen that many times, is that from Palm or elsewhere? Does anyone know?
    I have seen that many times, is that from Palm or elsewhere? Does anyone know?
    Click the pic for more info.
  16.    #17  
    Thanks trekker, Yes, I read the engadget post a while ago: "Of course, the info we've got right now can't be verified, and since there are a couple of minor question marks here (like barely rounded corners in the OS), you should take it all with a grain of salt"

So we still don't know if this is a real device or a figment of someone's imagination. Anyway looks like the got some "real" specs and this phone is for AT&T. Also, 4gb storage?? 2 megapixel camera? Let's hope those are typos.

Anyway I guess I'd be more willing to take a long term bet on the above blackberry-style one-piece handset than with the current flimsy slider.

thanks.
    So we still don't know if this is a real device or a figment of someone's imagination. Anyway looks like the got some "real" specs and this phone is for AT&T. Also, 4gb storage?? 2 megapixel camera? Let's hope those are typos.

Anyway I guess I'd be more willing to take a long term bet on the above blackberry-style one-piece handset than with the current flimsy slider.

thanks.
    I've owned the phone for a few days. Sure it can be broken. My solution: I have been careful with it.

2 Mp camera is most likely due to the thickness of the lens compared to the diameter. Plus taking into account that the lens gets dirty if you keep it in your pocket.
  18.    #19  
    fookensoul, does it feel like it'll last two years? I'm just saying, I think it will be a tough sell this fall with a ton of Android phones flooding the market in a month or two...
    My phone feels no more fragile than my 755p.

I haven't dropped it to test but i'm rather certain it'll last until my next phone, just as every phone previous to that.

I've simple never broken a phone to the point it has stopped working.
Page 1 of 19 12345611 ... LastLast