Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    738 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stockh View Post
    Hi, can you please pull up the same browser page on each phone and let me know which one is easier to read, I think the OP stated the fonts are a little larger on the Hero.
    The Hero seems to have a slightly larger font, but I don't see it being a big difference.

Also can you play around with the calendar and let me know if any lag, compared to the pre.
    I think the calendar is about the same (at least for me). To be honest I never thought the Pre calendar was that bad regarding lag. The Hero does take a second but in my experience it seems similar to the Pre.

and finally , can you please check the apps if any good pim's and office suites. Thanks
    Do you have any specific apps you'd like me to check? The Hero has so many apps available its (in my opinion) hard to find specific apps to fit your needs. If you have anything specifically in mind let me know and I'll take a look.

Also, I think some video would help out with your questions. If I have the time this weekend I'll try to shoot some of both devices to help compare the devices.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gage006 View Post
    Is there Telenav for it? Does it use the compass? Seems like it could make it update a lot faster when you get off track.

Hows the media player? Is there a podcast downloader app?

I'm considering switching but damn I'd miss Telenav, Music Player Remix and DrPodder.
    whats telenav
  3.    #163  
    The font size can be adjusted in the browser for easier reading, and the tiny scroll bars on the right and bottom help you see how far down the page you are. Very helpful.
    It has Telenav and I found a way to get Pandora. All the apps on the pre are on android in some shape or form. The big difference is you have a huge variety.

Pandora is smooth with navigation running at the same time. Oh yes there is multi task
    What kind of multi task? Thats why I am really debating. I LOVE the Pres multi tasking capabilities.
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    thats all you man my pre is very fast
    So you don't have much lag when loading up your texts or when you scroll through your missed call list? It's not TERRIBLE but for me, I feel that it should be much more snappier than it is, I'm not satisfied with it at the moment.
    NOOOOOOORTH!
    Quote Originally Posted by lxcusic View Post
    whats telenav
    Sprint Navigation is actually a program called Telenav, which is available on many phone from many carriers. Sprint includes it on virtually all of their smart phone (and several not so smart phones) and has a contract with Telenav that allows them to rebrand it as Sprint Navigation. If you look at the loading screen, it says "by Telenav" in the small print.
  8.    #168  
    The Multi tasking seems to work by keeping any app you have started running in the background. So switching back to them is instantaneous and you are right where you left off. Probably not as elegant as the cards but it seems just as effective.
  9.    #169  
    One thing everyone with the Hero should try is the calibration tool where is has you type a few sentences - it helped my accuracy dramatically.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Which phone would be easier for a smartphone novice to get comfortable with?
  11.    #171  
    Maybe a BlackBerry because of the comfortable keyboard ;-)
    i say iphone for a first timer. that thing is caveman-proof

just stay away from WinMo
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    ('')_('') signature to help him gain world domination
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    The reason I decided I wanted a Smartphone is I got a iPod touch and I am amazed at how uch stuff it can do. And friends started telling me their smartphones can do all that and more. But I don't like the friends balckberry's I have played with. And an iPhone seems too run of the mill now. Everyone has one. Thats what brought me to the pre initially
    Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric1987 View Post
    What kind of multi task? Thats why I am really debating. I LOVE the Pres multi tasking capabilities.
    Its no where near the Pre, to be completely honest. I've been using a Hero and a Pre side by side for the past two weeks and i rather use my pre for almost everything, from phone calls to web browsing, even emails. Its a very cool device, tons of customizations available, multiple custom themes that you can change to with a click of a button. But it just doesnt compare to the Pre. Battery life is probably the only thing i like more about the Hero. If you dont use it alot you can get almost two days out of it. If you use it alot close to ten hours. Thats mainly attributed to the fact the Pre can really multi task, requiring more battery usage.
  15.    #175  
    macjazzy, the Pre and the Hero will each likely do whatever you want. Go to the store and try them out. There's a big difference between a hardware vs. virtual keyboard.

Choose one and be on your way. In any case, by this time next year they will both have been replaced with the *new new* phones ;-)
    Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ronnienyc View Post
    macjazzy, the Pre and the Hero will each likely do whatever you want. Go to the store and try them out. There's a big difference between a hardware vs. virtual keyboard.
    Yea, thats another thing about the Hero. I cant stand the onscreen keyboard unless its in compact qwerty mode then its a little easier but i can type faster on my Touch Pro and Pres keyboard.
    I have no experience with Hero. But I do have ZUNE HD, and owned an iPod Touch briefly before return it.

I agree there is obviously lag on the Pre when launching apps. It might get better with 1.2. but still there.

However, I wonder if its a unavoidable trade off for multi-tasking?

or you guys think shallower level of hardware access is the problem?

either way, it might not be a easy solving problem.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    I'm really thinking that the Pre would do much better if it was snappier.

It does seem slow loading up certain applications... and I hate that when I'm comparing it to my sister's Iphone 3G (not even S).
    Her Iphone 3G goes faster than my Pre... which is meh. It's so much easier for her to do stuff with her calender and e-mail...

Things such as moving e-mails to certain folders is such a hassle because e-mails take so long to load.
    I'm really loving the way it looks overall. The Sense UI looks nice and the widgets homepage seems really handy. I'm going to be looking at the Youtube vids people put up about the Hero.
  20.    #180  
    Clevin, I see no lag on the Hero thus far. Just fyi.
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast