Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
    Everyone need to forget the HERO and turn your attention to the Samsung Moment (Google It).

It sports a 3.2 inch AMOLED capacitive screen, optical trackpad, full slide-out landscape keyboard, expandable memory, 3.5 inch headset jack and a 3.2 megapixel camera with flash and auto-focus with video recording.

Oh and it runs Android!!! This may truly be the phone to beat.
    Anxious Sprint users ordering HTC Hero now through telesales

Anxious Sprint users ordering HTC Hero now through telesales
    What is full retail price of the Hero and will I be able to freely alternate between the Pre and Hero (still kind of new to the CDMA game)?
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega33 View Post
    I just stopped by my local sprint store to see if they would let me reserve one since i know i have to work sunday morning. To my surprise he said they went on sale at 7pm tonight!

So i just got home with my Hero. So far ( which is only like 15 minutes of play ) i like it. It seems to be more my flavor then my Pre, which i like my Pre.

Clearly i haven't had time to play with it and see whats better and whats not than the Pre/WebOS, but i do get a far better cell signal on the hero, full bars in my apartment, never over 2 on my Pre.

No i have to figure out how to delete this preset scenes/windows lol.
    You cannot DELETE preset scenes/windows; BUT you can change preset scenes/windows and save them under a different name.

To remove icons/widgets from a screen, tap, hold and drag the icon/widget to the bottom of the screen until the phone button turns red and release.

To add icons/widgets to a screen, tap the "+" button and follow the instructions.
    Did they have demo units out? Lacking a keyboard, I don't think the Hero's for me but I do ant to play with one. Enjoy!
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by slbailey1 View Post
    You cannot DELETE preset scenes/windows; BUT you can change preset scenes/windows and save them under a different name.

To remove icons/widgets from a screen, tap, hold and drag the icon/widget to the bottom of the screen until the phone button turns red and release.

To add icons/widgets to a screen, tap the "+" button and follow the instructions.
    Thank-you. Its taking a little getting use to using this but I'm liking it
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pastafarian View Post
    Did they have demo units out? Lacking a keyboard, I don't think the Hero's for me but I do ant to play with one. Enjoy!
    I didn't look cause the rep I dealt with had one so I just used his. Yeah if having a physical keyboard is a must then the pre is better. I'm used to using my ipod touch for years so the heroes on screen keyboard feels pretty good to me.

Will be even better as soon as I figure out how to turn off the stupid haptic feedback lol

The auto correct / word finish is very good but the Pre's web browser is better/smoother than the hero's

Thank-you. I will enjoy . I can't say the hero is better buy probably a better fit for me.
    I am sticking with my Pre. Even though I was close to trading it in for the Hero and know today I found out about the Moment. Even though the palm does not have video yet. I believe it is on the way. The hardwar as well as the software is prepared for it. It is just a matter of time that it gets here.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    I had to think long and hard over this one, still have a week of 30 day trial period left. Even with lower quality screen I keep finding myself reading Hero reviews. In the end though I've decided to stick with the Pre - basically nothing about the Hero has me going GOTTA have it instead of the Pre.

In a year I'll re-evaluate. If Palm don't have their act together with Apps and integrated contacts by then I'll probably end up getting the latest and greatest from HTC then.
    Does the Hero come out today? I want to go check it out at Sprint...thinking about switching.
    NOOOOOOORTH!
    My wife might get it, and I will be trading my Pre for a Tour. She was looking forward to the Pixi, but I did a side by side comparison, and the Hero won her over for now.

Ya, I'm just really having a hard time with the hardware and the phone feeling cheap. Not too mention the lag and absences of basic features that my first phone 10 years ago had.
    NOOOOOOORTH!
  13.    #133  
    Got a Hero today at a Sprint store here in NY. So far it feels pretty good. It's very responsive - definitely less lag than the Pre all around. Not used to the virtual keyboard yet at all. But the mail setup was no problem, tons of apps on the android store. Hero's browser is generally easier to read because the type is is larger. Also the browser's type automatically reflows according to where the browser edges are, so there is far less scrolling/resizing to do.

I am just getting the hang of it - but any questions about the Hero, just ask ;-)

I also still have my Pre (connected through WIFI.)
    i like the way you put that. I have only had my Pre 2months its my 1st smartphone i was considering an iphone but it couldnt support pdfs so i chose the pre (Really Good choice to me). And the pre wuz much faster but i wish it had expandable memory, Cuz 8G cant get in all my music.
  15.    #135  
    So far there is nothing unresponsive about it. Indeed less lag than my Pre - no noticable lag at all.

The launching of apps is very, very fast: email and sms apps launch in maybe .3 seconds.

The Hero seems to shut down in about 1 second. Agian, very fast.
    Startup takes about 1:05, then another 30 sec to stabaliz after lock screen.
    After booting email takes under 2 sec to start. Anytine after that it's instantaneous to start it.
    Messaging takes around 1 sec the first time after boot, and it's instantaneous after that (until the next boot.)

Very refreshing to be able to use web sites with Flash! I work in the photography industry, and there are many, many sites I use every day which are flash-based.

Both browsers seem to be equally fast when loading pages via Wifi.
    hows the email app compared to the Pre??

I saw a review on the Hero and noticed that the browser was slower and not as smooth as the pre as well as the pinch zoom action, can you comment on this??

i know HTC optimized the software but im still worried/skeptical on the lag possibilities

thanx for the imput, hope to hear more reviews/thoughts
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    ('')_('') signature to help him gain world domination
    I didn't get a Hero...but played with the one that the store associate had to get familiar with it before sales start. I was unimpressed. The one that I was using had a lot of lag and was definitely not as smooth as the Pre. In addition, I had multiple issues w/ the onscreen keyboard where it wouldn't respond. The pinch zoom action was definitely not as smooth as the Pre.

Put it this way - I had been considering the Pre or the Hero. Once I played with the Hero, I promptly bought the Pre.

Just my own two cents.
    Email is by far the best setup yet. i had mine for a few weeks now. build quality is just like all the other HTC phones but for some reason the Hero feels alot more sturdy then the MT3G even though their almost identical in specs and form, still dont even come close to competing with the G1 IMo for my purposes as teh G1 does everything my Laptop does.
    Last edited by Binary Tech; 10/09/2009 at 05:28 PM.
    I'm a bit annoyed to hear this; if Google can code their apps to run quickly without annoying lags, why can't Palm?

I'm really hoping Palm resolves the issues with delays starting apps and doing simple things like switching conversations.

I *really* miss the instant snappiness of my old Treo 650. The only time the 650 ever got slow was when a texting conversation got REALLY long, on the order of months worth of texts, and even then it was easy to fix by archiving the conversation and deleting it.
    Watching all the videos of the Hero on youtube, it seems much more snappier than the Pre. The lag on the Pre really annoys me. It shouldn't take 5-10 secs to load up the Text threads.
    NOOOOOOORTH!
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast