Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
  1.    #101  
    Mr Crack, I am pretty sure that BGR did not have the most recent ROM...same with Engadget.
    I guess time will tell - I'll know for sure next week when I buy one - but the videos I have seen make the Hero look a lot less laggy than my current Pre.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Are any other phone *****s, such as myself, going to but the Hero next week?
    I'm not gonna buy it, but I did get a chance to play with one today @ a sprint store. I'm in fairly well with a store manager and he pulled one out of his pocket this afternoon when I was buying a car charger. I asked to take a photo but he said NO and put it in his pocket....
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    I just stopped by my local sprint store to see if they would let me reserve one since i know i have to work sunday morning. To my surprise he said they went on sale at 7pm tonight!

So i just got home with my Hero. So far ( which is only like 15 minutes of play ) i like it. It seems to be more my flavor then my Pre, which i like my Pre.

Clearly i haven't had time to play with it and see whats better and whats not than the Pre/WebOS, but i do get a far better cell signal on the hero, full bars in my apartment, never over 2 on my Pre.

No i have to figure out how to delete this preset scenes/windows lol.
    I wish. I would love to have a Pre and a Hero that way when I get bored with one, I could play with the other.
    If I help you out, why not "Thank" me? Or you can visit my site at http://outklaw.com
  6. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    It's a neat phone, for sure, but nothing to incur an EFT for.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    It's pretty cool, was messing around with it today. I like the setup. I'm not a fan of the screen type, I think it's harder to click on links in webpages but the trackball makes that easier to use instead. Pretty quick too, not too much lag at all in switch back in forth and texting seems very responsive. I think if you are looking for an all touch phone then it is really slick.. I'm torn lol
    Go Blue!

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I would if I didn't get my Pre 2 months ago

I had no idea about the Hero before I got my Pre either QQ
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Im jealous ...lol. Hope it turns out good for you. Next week im going to try one out myself. Congrats!
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    I like my keyboard. Sticking with the Pre.
    Dave Cook | Fort Myers, Florida | Palm pre | Touchstone | Vaja iVolution Deco
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Thanks. Having never used android before there is a little learning curve compared to WebOS for me. Mostly cause of how customizable it is. So far touch screen is very responsive and accurate. Screen isn't as crispt as the Pre's imo but still very nice.

I do miss the gestures from the Pre
    Hero is still supposed to be pretty damn slow from what I have heard. That weak and puny processor is just not good enough. I bought my phone at full retail price so I still have my upgrade available. Waiting till Android or WebOS have a 1ghz SnapDragon processor such as the one rumored in the HTC Leo. I hate WinMo but omg that thing will be packing!
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Slayix312 View Post
    Hero is still supposed to be pretty damn slow from what I have heard. That weak and puny processor is just not good enough. I bought my phone at full retail price so I still have my upgrade available. Waiting till Android or WebOS have a 1ghz SnapDragon processor such as the one rumored in the HTC Leo. I hate WinMo but omg that thing will be packing!
    Haven't had issues with speed on the one I've been using at our store. But, may want to wait for the Samsung version coming out for Sprint, it'll have an 800mhz processor and full keyboard. That looked good as well. Lot of good things coming out, can't wait to see how well these phones improve in a year when it's my next upgrade date.
    Go Blue!

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I bought the Pre less than a month ago so that I could give the Pre a good testing but still have the 30 day return if it turned out that I didn't like it. I didn't want to get stuck with another Instinct. So I will show up on Monday/Tuesday and give the Hero a good run through and decide which one I want to go with. I really like the Pre but the phone construction is probably the main disadvantage. I want this phone to last a year or so and right now I am not sure that it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slayix312 View Post
    It was slow initially, that was about the only complaint people had about it, but they updated it and tweaked the software here and there and now they have an extremely awesome phone. I want it.
    gonna go to best buy first thing tomorrow to pick up mine. I hope they got them in today
    I am getting 2 Heros, one for my wife and one for my daughter, none for me cause i believe more in the Palm / Pre then i what i hear about the hero, it is a nive phone and it is tied with pre but pre has better and faster cpu and browser is a little better. Hero has its pros like 8000+ apps, trackball and other things, but so does the pre, and pre is not even 6months old and i want to see where palm is with pre 1 yr from now. but there are always new smartphones coming out you just cant keep up with it, i believe that the phone has to meet our needs and not the other way around
    Maybe.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    I'm sure they probably already have them. The guy at the sprint store said they got theres in Tuesday.
    Nope, Pre will be my phone for 1 year... Then on to something else...