Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 368
  1. zna03's Avatar
    Posts
    281 Posts
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
    That is kind of the story of the Pre. It will be there one day. That is said for just about everything, except maybe 3D gaming though that is not totally ruled out yet either. It should be the new add campaign.... Get a Palm Pre, it will have all the features you want! One day, we think.
    Agreed 100%. I'm tired of "beta" and "hacking" just to make the phone look and feel the way I want.
  2. #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by skinneejay View Post
    ZNA03 what were you looking for when you bought the Pre? What does the Hero do that the Pre can't? Just interested not looking to pick a fight. I like to hear why people are going to jump ship so fast.
    Another way of looking at the question is what can the Pre do that the Hero can't? The main advantage of the Pre appears to be the physical keyboard. Hwoever, for and odl PalmOS user there is also the Classic app which will soon support hotsync.

    OTOH the Android SDK is way better so if you want to write your own apps maybe the Hero makes more sense.
  3. zna03's Avatar
    Posts
    281 Posts
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    Another way of looking at the question is what can the Pre do that the Hero can't? The main advantage of the Pre appears to be the physical keyboard.
    Tru, and to be honest i've used a touch keyboard before and it wasn't a big deal. Actually i've been using the touch keyboard on the pre a lot lately. :lol: I think I haven't opened the slider in over a day
  4. #44  
    I don't see what the big deal about VVM is. The Instinct had it and I don't think anyone here would say that made it a wonderful phone. It's a nice feature and one that we'd all like to have, but I can't see it as a deal breaker.

    The hacking is personally why I did get the Pre. If it didn't have that ability I would have stayed with WinMo where hacking could be done. I like tweaking and I like all the free apps/tweaks the community has offered. Once everything is in place most of those free apps will go away and you'll have to pay.
  5. #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by zna03 View Post
    Tru, and to be honest i've used a touch keyboard before and it wasn't a big deal. Actually i've been using the touch keyboard on the pre a lot lately. :lol: I think I haven't opened the slider in over a day
    I am guessing you don't have a bunch of PalmOS apps either. You should probably switch.
  6. zna03's Avatar
    Posts
    281 Posts
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    I am guessing you don't have a bunch of PalmOS apps either. You should probably switch.
    Nope I don't, I still use my 755p as a utility device and it's got a few of them on it but I rarely use them.

    Either way, who cares what apps I have on the phone. My pre is everything short of rooted and i've been up on all of the developements in new stuff since release date. I'm just not a fanboy or brand specific and I like new things, this isn't developing the way (or at least as fast as) i'd hoped and I can switch back to the pre anytime.
  7. #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by zna03 View Post
    Either way, who cares what apps I have on the phone. My pre is everything short of rooted and i've been up on all of the developements in new stuff since release date. I'm just not a fanboy or brand specific and I like new things, this isn't developing the way (or at least as fast as) i'd hoped and I can switch back to the pre anytime.
    Some people have apps on PalmOS that they would have a hard time doing without.

    Longterm I don't see WebOS developing as fast as Android. WebOS is not as open and the WebOS SDK is very weak in comparison with the Android SDK.
  8. zna03's Avatar
    Posts
    281 Posts
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    Some people have apps on PalmOS that they would have a hard time doing without.

    Longterm I don't see WebOS developing as fast as Android. WebOS is not as open and the WebOS SDK is very weak in comparison with the Android SDK.
    Understandable, fortunatly besides memos and using the phone I don't really use it for work besides slacking off... So yeah maybe I did choose the wrong phone. BUT it does work well for me and I wouldn't call this an upgrade i'd call it a switch if I am to go through with it... a phone purchase from sprint with no new activation could be hard to swallow.
  9. zna03's Avatar
    Posts
    281 Posts
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    #49  
    Or i'll just wait til someone local decides they hate it and pick it up "used" online from a forum or craigslist
  10. Clack's Avatar
    Posts
    251 Posts
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    This is probably more of an issue getting Palm to get the code working with VVM rather than Sprint just not doing it for the Pre. I wouldn't be surprised if we see VVM on the Pre at some point.
    This is the advantage of an a mature opensource platform where the software already exists.
    "We must not contradict, but instruct him that contradicts us; for a madman is not cured by another running mad also." - Dr. An Wang
  11. jayzun's Avatar
    Posts
    192 Posts
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    #51  
    Anyone know of any sites where people can trade their phones? I'm sure there will be tons of people who get the Hero and are disappointed in it and will want to trade for the Pre. It's all about finding these people! Anyone know of any forums or sites?
  12. #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by jayzun View Post
    Anyone know of any sites where people can trade their phones? I'm sure there will be tons of people who get the Hero and are disappointed in it and will want to trade for the Pre. It's all about finding these people! Anyone know of any forums or sites?
    You could start one.
  13. #53  
    I understand how addicting it is to always have the newest and shiniest technology icons. Personally, I am in the same boat! I get frustrated myself if I buy something right before "the next best thing" comes out, but I dont have much reason to do that this time. I absolutely love all the hacking and open feel to this phone and the approach of the company! I have never enjoyed a phone for HALF as long as I have with the Pre.

    I had a Blackjack II before the Pre, and big 6700 before that, so I at least know you can tweak and mod a bit of WM or download a custom rom. Those only affected little pieces of the puzzle. This phone is different. I dont like how the music player works, I could change the look or functionality, like the remix app; or I could create a better process from the ground up, like the NaNplayer developer. If I want more icons per page or want an easy way to load apps; devs like Jason, Pregame, and all the crazy people in the webos-internals camp have already made that a simple click of a button!

    Everyone is entitled to their opinion, thats mine. I appologize if thats too far left field from the topic. To bring it closer, I believe that there are several coding fanatics who could figure out how to get it done if Palm doesnt make it their priority for the next update.

    Prehero
  14. psvillars's Avatar
    Posts
    82 Posts
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    #54  
    I personally am sticking with my pre so far i've been very happy with it. Although it's not perfect it's also very new and with time can be improved over time. Let's be honest the iphone had it's limitations when it first came out(it didn't have video either) and I'm sure android when it first dropped had it's limitations, heck Android has been out at least a year if not longer so I guess it would have more apps and more updates than WebOs.
    As far as visual voicemail goes if you want it badly email sprint and bug the heck out of them or another option is to sign up for google voice i use it and love it.
  15. WAMS's Avatar
    Posts
    115 Posts
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by Success100 View Post
    I work for sprint and there are no supporting documents ANYWHERE stating that we are even carrying the Hero. Its not in our upcoming playbook, no on the handset hot sheets, not on the new mail in rebates. NOWHERE I searched our internal sites at work and found release dates for all the new dumb phones and smart phones and the Hero was not listed anywhere
    are you the janitor????? low level sprint employee find out about the new phones when the ups guy drops them off!!!! search google......its been on there since the first part of Aug....s h i t for that matter search your own sprint website...been there for awhile
    The Wams
  16. #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by Success100 View Post
    I work for sprint and there are no supporting documents ANYWHERE stating that we are even carrying the Hero. Its not in our upcoming playbook, no on the handset hot sheets, not on the new mail in rebates. NOWHERE I searched our internal sites at work and found release dates for all the new dumb phones and smart phones and the Hero was not listed anywhere
    I just pre-ordered the Hero from BestBuy!
  17. #57  
    It's a nice looking phone and I like all the functions. http://www.htc.com/www/product/hero/overview.html
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

  18. arcolino's Avatar
    Posts
    97 Posts
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    #58  
    the hero looks kinda bulky, the pre is slim and sexy, i kinda like the homebrew stuff, its the wave of the future, the phone cant be just the way everybody wants it to be, with the patchs u can get it the way u want it to be.
  19. #59  
    I'll get the Hero but still keep my Pre for when something exciting happens I'll have it.
  20. #60  
    Visual voice mail is not some black art. It's just that carriers don't know half a thing about web services. It would be trivial to make a web service available. There's no need for powerful SDKs and whatever. Look at Google voice web version.
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions