Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    played with the hero today for a bit...its prett nice. But like I'd read before, the multitouch is not integrated in the phone...basic apps like google maps and sprint navi don't have it..really like the overall softwar with the pre a lot better.
    The Hero lacks the sensor that puts the display to sleep when on calls? That's a big whoops in my eyes. Palm really needs to boost their SDK. The lack of GPU drivers and acess to the GPU is really lame. However, Androids hardware is on par with iPhone 1.0. That's nit really a good thing either. So, if Palm does push WebOS where it needs to be soon, there will be no comparison. The problem I see is that Palm seems more interested in selling devices at the moment. This is obviously slowing down WebOS enhancements.

Palm has already splintered the WebOS platform with Pixi. This is not a good thing in my eyes as far as a developers standpoint.
  3.    #243  
    maven, the screen goes off when the timer says so - so my phone's screen goes off after 1 min. whether I am on the phone or not, so long as no buttons are pressed. Thus no real need for the sensor.
    You cry "Why can't we, the people who use android phones, listen to media audio (e.g. visual voicemail, streaming music, etc.) on our non-a2dp mono bluetooth handsfree headset? And guess who was listening.... That's right! OMERCADE. 

The Sound Route Switcher App is brought to you by Omercade. Sound Route Switcher App is the FIRST app of its kind available on the Android Market! With this App, it will finally allow you to switch and route the outgoing audio from your cell phone device to 4 different audio output sources: Your cellphone device's speakerphone, earphone, 3.5mm/2.5mm wired headset jack, or your wireless bluetooth handsfree headset. 

And it's only 2.99 euro. THANK YOU OMERCADE! 

P.S. The Sound Route Switcher App does not support Bluetooth at this time due to the short comings and limitations of Android. In my opinion, these short cumings is just a reflection of the nerds who develop Android. IF, and I mean IF these developers HAD girlfriends their girlfriends would probably say something like "Well, I guess everything else cums quick in your life too. (sigh of disappointment and dissatisfaction)" DAMN YOU ANDROID!!!!!
    android forums must be really dead!...that's cool you hero people can post on here all you want I understand...this is where the excitement is!!
    Quote Originally Posted by maven1975 View Post
    The Hero lacks the sensor that puts the display to sleep when on calls? That's a big whoops in my eyes. Palm really needs to boost their SDK. The lack of GPU drivers and acess to the GPU is really lame. However, Androids hardware is on par with iPhone 1.0. That's nit really a good thing either. So, if Palm does push WebOS where it needs to be soon, there will be no comparison. The problem I see is that Palm seems more interested in selling devices at the moment. This is obviously slowing down WebOS enhancements.

Palm has already splintered the WebOS platform with Pixi. This is not a good thing in my eyes as far as a developers standpoint.
    I think you hit the nail right on the head with them more focused on selling phones.
    NOOOOOOORTH!
    The Pre has similar internals to an iPhone 3gs.
    Quote Originally Posted by lost_cause View Post
    The Pre has similar internals to an iPhone 3gs.
    I thought it pretty much has the same **** as the 3GS? 600MHz CPU 256mb of RAM and the same GPU?
    It is almost identical without the compass. WebOS is immature next to the iPhone OS. I am now wondering if Palm can refine WebOS to the level of the iPhone OS. The iPhone is the platform to beat stability and application wise. I have a feeling that there would be many less Pre and Hero owners if the iPhone was available on other carriers in the US. I certainly would take a look if it were on Sprint.

I love WebOS and its unique design. I am having issues with Palm and its slow process of optimization. Seriously, they knew the Hero was going to launch on Sprint and did little to offer a boost to the Pre to block Hero sales. Everyone is all excited about Palms updates and how regular they are. Exactly what have they offered in updates that we anything you would brag about? IMHO, The App store should stay in beta at this point. The SDK makes these apps look HORRIBLE. The air hockey app is a prime example of this. That same App, even when released on the iPhone Ver 1, was WAY better than this garbage on the Pre.

The Android marketplace is loaded with subpar apps as well. However, Android OS offers better access to the hardware. The only problem here is that the hardware is behind the times. This marketplace is also splintered with multiple devices that may, or may not be able to run a desired app. This is where Apple has it right and why developers will stay loyal to their platform.
    The only problem here is that the hardware is behind the times.
    Well, if the Hero's hardware is behind the times then give me more of it, please. The Hero feels far more substantial in the hand. It doesn't creak or flex at all. The materials feel and look first class. Apps launch faster than on the Pre. Swipes between calendar days are nearly instantaneous. The Hero's speaker is higher quality and much louder. There are notification LEDs that light up without having to hack the OS.

The Pre is a beautiful device, no doubt about it. But the Hero's hardware is not in any way inferior. In many respects, it's superior.