Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 368
  1. #221  
    Quote Originally Posted by meangreengdub View Post
    So you don't have much lag when loading up your texts or when you scroll through your missed call list? It's not TERRIBLE but for me, I feel that it should be much more snappier than it is, I'm not satisfied with it at the moment.
    yes yes please say "more snappier" again, 3rd time is the charm its either snappier or its not, no such thing as "more snappier"
  2. #222  
    Quote Originally Posted by winehead99 View Post
    yes yes please say "more snappier" again, 3rd time is the charm its either snappier or its not, no such thing as "more snappier"
    Are you ****s the grammar police?? Sorry for saying more snappier??
    NOOOOOOORTH!
  3. #223  
    Quote Originally Posted by slbailey1 View Post
    This is the Cross-Platform Chat subform.
    AKA cross-platform flame forum.
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
  4. #224  
    Folks this is the cross platform forum. Don't post mean stuff unless you want to be infracted.
  5. #225  
    FWIW, I've been seeing a lot of reviews of the Hero and I had wondered how to switch between apps because it hadn't been shown. As someone looking at the Hero from the sidelines, the original post was news I didn't know.
  6. #226  
    I think the hero is cool, but I am looking forward to seeing where webos goes. I think ALOT is planned for it, and was missing from the beginning. I'll give it till the end of my contract in june 2011 and if it isn't what I expected, win mob 7 will be out there will be a million android phones and I'm sure there won't be a problem finding something that'll work for me. But I really think webos has a ton of potential
  7.    #227  
    MarkY, I agree, I think I had watched 10 video reviews and it was not clear how to switch. This tip also seems to be missing from the users manual.
  8. #228  
    Quote Originally Posted by rexalbel View Post
    I think the hero is cool, but I am looking forward to seeing where webos goes. I think ALOT is planned for it, and was missing from the beginning. I'll give it till the end of my contract in june 2011 and if it isn't what I expected, win mob 7 will be out there will be a million android phones and I'm sure there won't be a problem finding something that'll work for me. But I really think webos has a ton of potential
    Props to you waiting until June 2011. I'm pretty sure I won't be able to last that long. Mainly because I love gadgets and something else will spark my interest.
    NOOOOOOORTH!
  9. knsnik's Avatar
    Posts
    162 Posts
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    #229  
    fyi all this talk a about it being a cross platform forum is fine. I did not intend to go to this type of forum I ended up here because it was staring me in the face on the home page and I felt the title was insulting Pre owners.
  10.    #230  
    Knsnik, this thread was started in the cross-platform section so I am not sure what you are talking about. Anyway, peace.
  11.    #231  
    Tip 2: You can also wake the phone up by simply pressing MENU twice instead of using power button and then swiping the screen.
  12. #232  
    Tip 1 - Hold the talk button for voicedial. Much easier that way.

    Tip - 2 - hold the search button to do a voice only Google search

    Tip - 3 - hold end call key to change profiles.

    Tip - 4 - hold down the trackball down on webpages to add bookmarks and the copy and paste menu.
    Last edited by THETRUTH; 10/11/2009 at 06:13 PM.
  13.    #233  
    Those voice apps never work for me - they are always dialing the wrong person. This has happened on my last three or four phones...
    What I think is cool is using the volume rocker to effectively change profiles (it goes into silent and vibrate if you go low enough...)
  14. #234  
    Voice dial is hit or miss on any phone. Even the iPhone gets it wrong sometimes. Some people swear by it. Cool to have the option though.
  15. #235  
    I have been a windows mobile user for years. Way back with the ppc6600, 6700,6800 and the htc 6900 touch. I also ran the hero on my sd card on the touch from xda developers. I be the first to admit that I loved the gui of the hero. And when I heard that it was commin out I was temped to wait for it. But I wanted the pre when ever it first came out. But I am so glad I perchased the pre. I believe in WebOs and its just a matter of time the app store will take off. The video is coming soon. Hey it took iphone about a year for the camcorder. I have a friend that has the g1 when they first came out. He said they are getting updates all the time plus whenever he first got it he had plenty of problems with it. I am not that much of a music fanatic but 8 gigs is enough of space for me.
    Last edited by GeekLee; 10/11/2009 at 06:59 PM.
  16. Minsc's Avatar
    Posts
    967 Posts
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    #236  
    I had a chance to play with a Hero today for quite a while. (family member got one) I've always been an Android fan, and overall I think this is a very nice device. Love the hardware - especially the fact that there's no ridiculous looking chin on it. (I know, I'm in the minority there) However, there's one big problem with this thing that would make it a non-starter for me: the on-screen keyboard. It's very dissapointing. The haptic feedback is nice, but otherwise I couldn't type worth a darn on it. I can tolerate the iPhone's keyboard, but this was nowhere near as good as that. Give me a Hero with a real keyboard and I'd be happy, but otherwise I'd much rather have my Pre.
  17. #237  
    Quote Originally Posted by Minsc View Post
    I had a chance to play with a Hero today for quite a while. (family member got one) I've always been an Android fan, and overall I think this is a very nice device. Love the hardware - especially the fact that there's no ridiculous looking chin on it. (I know, I'm in the minority there) However, there's one big problem with this thing that would make it a non-starter for me: the on-screen keyboard. It's very dissapointing. The haptic feedback is nice, but otherwise I couldn't type worth a darn on it. I can tolerate the iPhone's keyboard, but this was nowhere near as good as that. Give me a Hero with a real keyboard and I'd be happy, but otherwise I'd much rather have my Pre.
    There are different keyboards in the app store for Android I believe.

    I like the form factor of the Hero but I will have to go to store and play with it a bit before I decide if I will jump or not. Most likely will not do anything anytime soon, Would like to see Nov 1st for the new Moment also.
  18. #238  
    Make sure you calibrate the keyboard. It is not set to the best specs out the box. Made a big difference for me. I also use compact qwerty which I find easier.
  19. #239  
    How is the calendar on the hero? Is it faster than the pre? How does the browser compare?
  20. #240  
    Calendar is better to me and a few others have mentioned the same. The browser is better in some ways but it is slower than the pre. You get full screen browsing, flash and intelligent zoom.

Posting Permissions