Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1.    #201  
    read this somewhere:
    Holding down the Home button brings up icons for all running apps, then you can simply select the one you want to switch to. Sweet.
  2.    #202  
    Lots of people asking about comparing multitasking on these two phones - like whether the Hero/Android app swapping is as easy as the Pre's cards, so...
    anyway if you are not interesting in reading about cross platform issues, then why read this part of the forum?
    Ok... on my ps3 if u hit the ps button u see the homescreen from wherever you are. yup pretty cool....and errelevant... just like this thread.... HERO SUX lmao
    FYI,
    on my windows vista there is a button on the lower left hand side of the tool bar. Looks like a window. Clicking it allows you to minimize all windows and brings you back to the desktop! This makes multi tasking really simple! Its a actually a bit easier than on the Pre because it moves everything out of the way.

All kidding aside, if you posted this in a thread about pre/hero i could understand. But a new one? This has nothing to do with a pre comparision.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Yikes, guys it's not a big deal. Move along and don't bother replying if you're not interested. There's a lot of people on the forum interested in the Hero or actually using both right now.
    $179.99 w/new 2 yr agreement. They put it on my bill for next month.
    So much hate on precentral. It's now moving to the subforums. If the mod didn't want it here they would have closed this part of the site.
    It's not hate as far as I'm concerned. The point is that it'll reach more people who actually have the device on the Android site of the SmartphoneExperts 'family'.
  9.    #210  
    Yes there are many of us who have both of these phones at the moment, and comparisons are useful for us.
    Quote Originally Posted by THETRUTH View Post
    It does not do universal search as far as I know, but you can do Google searches by type or voice which is cool. I personally never used the function on the pre. It would be nice to be able to search emails and text
    Universal search will be in Andriod v1.6 (Donut). The Hero should be updated to Donut between now and the first of the year.
    Last edited by slbailey1; 10/11/2009 at 02:52 PM.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    I'm sure the people with a hero are checking the proper forum though.
    Quote Originally Posted by ronnienyc View Post
    Yes there are many of us who have both of these phones at the moment, and comparisons are useful for us.
    I agree. Thats why you should have compared it to the pre in some manner. No hate, i post in the cross platforms all the time, However to prevent the forums from being clogged and congested with information that is useless to the majority on Precentral, why not use other threads that have already been made reguarding the Pre vs Hero? Either way, in the future please think of the others that use the m.forums version and the fact that every "Tip" for the hero need not have its own thread on precentral.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    this is the palm forums right ????????????
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Most likely not the Hero, but I will go for the Samsung Moment on Nov 1st.

Still have my launch day Pre, but memory issues are a big Pre let down for me. So, time to play with an Android.

is there not a place for you among the hero forums did they kick you out or ignor you banish or something
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    this is the palm forums right ????????????
    This is the Cross-Platform Chat subform.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz Al Ghoul View Post
    Everyone need to forget the HERO and turn your attention to the Samsung Moment (Google It).

It sports a 3.2 inch AMOLED capacitive screen, optical trackpad, full slide-out landscape keyboard, expandable memory, 3.5 inch headset jack and a 3.2 megapixel camera with flash and auto-focus with video recording.

Oh and it runs Android!!! This may truly be the phone to beat.
    You forgot to mention 802.11 b/g WIFI, 2.1 Bluetooth Stereo, GPS and Voice Recording.

It will be shipped with Android Cupcake 1.5.......

I'm not sure if the Hero has Cupcake 1.5 or not. The Hero reviews I read, just mention "Android" as the OS.....

Quote Originally Posted by meangreengdub View Post
    Watching all the videos of the Hero on youtube, it seems much more snappier than the Pre. The lag on the Pre really annoys me. It shouldn't take 5-10 secs to load up the Text threads.
    well, I don't know where you get 5 to 10 seconds my awesome Preeeee takes 2 seconds to open the Text threads.

LOVE THE PREEEEEE FOR EVER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    is there not a place for you among the hero forums did they kick you out or ignor you banish or something
    Not sure what your meaning is. Some proper sentence structure and punctuation would be helpfull in getting your point across.

By The Way, this is the Other Devices forum.......

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast