Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 119
  1. #81  
    its also pretty stupid that we have to tweak our phone to have message fowarding.my samsung vm 4500 had that in 2000. 4 months later with this pre and half the world is texting everybody and the palm pre doesnt have it factory installed?cmon,and this guy was some vp with apple b4 he was hired with palm?no wonder he doesnt work for apple anymore.THE GUYS ASLEEP AT THE WHEEL......give me a break!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  2. #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by ebuzz7 View Post
    Grab yourself and apple, go google yourself or if your really desperate then get a rim job.
    Something about that sentence is unsettling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall
    I'm an Embedded Software Engineer. My idea of a Good User Interface is printf().
  3. #83  
    There had better be more than one good Fart App or I too amout of here!



    I can't believe I wasted my time reading 5 pages of this drivel. Reminds me of someone who would buy a Cadillac and with all that it offers, complain because their 1990 Honda Accord got better gas mileage 19 years ago.

    If you don't like the phone, or prefer to go to the Hero... or whatever -PLEASE GO QUIETLY!
  4. levitate's Avatar
    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    #84  
    dude you people are stupid, web os just came out 6 months ago, you want it to run like freaking apple. Its better if you switch to the iphone or andriod because your are a disgrace to palm.
  5. #85  
    Go ahead and get rid of your pre, I'll take it off your hands so you can get your hero. Just PM me and I will gladly buy the 4th pre in my family!

    Thanks
  6. #86  
    I'm not gonna start this with a complaint. I am wondering why everyone keeps saying that the pre has more updates then any other phone. hum... let's see. We keep getting updates because the pre came out pre-mature and didn't have the basic functionality out of the box. So when you say that it keeps getting updates what does everyone mean by that. When you can't forward text, blinking notifications and basic functionality, then you get your third update that still hasn't released some of the basic functionality. What are you getting exactly?

    I like the pre just like everyone else but I am not gonna give palm credit for finally coming out with a basic update fixing some of they created. Updates wouldn't be so frequent if they got it right to begin with. How often does the iphone get an update or android? I know people are going to say the iphone just got two updates back to back, but lets go back further and look at the updates and frequency behind them. I would have waited a extra two months just to get everything working atleast by 85%.

    Android is going to bring a lot to the table and I won't be suprised if a lot of pre owners move to that platform once they get bored with homebrew and realize that it's going to be much longer till we start getting substance. I can say that I don't use any apps on my phone. I have loaded a bunch and played maybe once, but nothing has got me to open it more than once or twice. I give credit to all homebrewers for what they do. I am not trying to take anything from them by saying this.

    The pre is a take it or leave it type phone and I understand that and have accepted it thus far. I can't say I will be there for the long haul because I am a android fan. I probably will come back to the pre if things get better, but better to me is not a ton of apps. I am interested in functionality more than fart apps and corny sound effect apps. I want zip, word processor, games that actually take advantage of 3d, and a file manager with all the options. I am not asking for much, atleast I don't think so. I could deal with all the short comings if the pre was better built too. I am gonna leave that one alone though because it's been beaten to death.
  7. #87  
    some of you guys a funny lol... i agree with some of you ... the phone has its issues... but the pre is the a new phone that will only get better... this is a pre forum and all of use should support the pre if we are on here i thought that was what this forum was for... my last phone was the instinct... cool phone but never went on any forum for it... the pre is imo the best phone.. it has so much potental... give it time and vent your problems about the phone but if your on here imo we should support the pre... APPS will come ... if theres some apps you need really bad ask for them.. im sure some one here at the homebrew page will make it no prob.. these guys here are great i like to see a bigger number every day... i dont need most of them but its still cool.. i havent yet but plan to... just remember to donate if you ask for something... love my pre . love this forum.
  8. #88  
    <<moved>>

    This thread might have started as the 'Pre had better, or I'll'
    but it rapidly diverted to a discussion of the +/- of other devices.
    Just call me Berd.
  9. VealCutlet's Avatar
    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    #89  
    I'm sorry, but I find much of this thread preposterous. October 11th as a make or break day? Why not October 12th? Or 6 weeks from next Thanksgiving? I'm amazed at the power that these devices hold over people's emotions and identities. The fact is that there's about a 75% overlap in functionality among the entirety of the smartphone market. Is that 25% difference in functionality going to make that big of a difference in anybody's life? How many of the iPhone or Android apps will cause me to live a happier life than I will if I don't trade in my Pre on October 11th...or if I wait until November 13th? I like my Pre, and I like Palm's approach to the device and OS. If there's something else out there that will bring you greater satisfaction, then go get it. I just don't understand the urgency.
  10. #90  
    lol at all this people wanting something perfect that is totally new.
    Its a brand new phone with a brand new OS, not even microsoft or apple can deliver a perfect OS. and for the apps... cmon the phone just came out . At work I have 3 employees that have the android, and they all are saving to get a pre even with not many apps yet. they know its new and have seen the potential it has compare to their 1 app not multitasking phone.
  11. #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by THETRUTH View Post
    I'm not gonna start this with a complaint. I am wondering why everyone keeps saying that the pre has more updates then any other phone. hum... let's see. We keep getting updates because the pre came out pre-mature and didn't have the basic functionality out of the box. So when you say that it keeps getting updates what does everyone mean by that. When you can't forward text, blinking notifications and basic functionality, then you get your third update that still hasn't released some of the basic functionality. What are you getting exactly?

    I like the pre just like everyone else but I am not gonna give palm credit for finally coming out with a basic update fixing some of they created. Updates wouldn't be so frequent if they got it right to begin with. How often does the iphone get an update or android? I know people are going to say the iphone just got two updates back to back, but lets go back further and look at the updates and frequency behind them. I would have waited a extra two months just to get everything working atleast by 85%.

    Android is going to bring a lot to the table and I won't be suprised if a lot of pre owners move to that platform once they get bored with homebrew and realize that it's going to be much longer till we start getting substance. I can say that I don't use any apps on my phone. I have loaded a bunch and played maybe once, but nothing has got me to open it more than once or twice. I give credit to all homebrewers for what they do. I am not trying to take anything from them by saying this.

    The pre is a take it or leave it type phone and I understand that and have accepted it thus far. I can't say I will be there for the long haul because I am a android fan. I probably will come back to the pre if things get better, but better to me is not a ton of apps. I am interested in functionality more than fart apps and corny sound effect apps. I want zip, word processor, games that actually take advantage of 3d, and a file manager with all the options. I am not asking for much, atleast I don't think so. I could deal with all the short comings if the pre was better built too. I am gonna leave that one alone though because it's been beaten to death.

    I'm an Android fan too, and where am I now?

    The problem is the OS sucks at multitasking, and its inability to have easy access to processes that are running.

    They mask this with widgets, which, can be quite useful. Furthermore, the browser is lacking, bigtime.

    Everyone should pick the right phone for them, and for some it's Apple, some Android, others WebOS. For that I can't blame anyone.

    Where I take issue is with the "grass is greener" syndrome. You can love Android, but it has its issues which, imo, are more frustrating because the issues with Android are with some of the core processes.

    -Browser isn't nearly as quick
    -All of the phones are underpowered (at present)
    -Force Closes and other conflicts within the kernel
    -Widgets(a positive and a negative as they lag badly)

    Believe me, I've had alot of experience with Android. The market is a huge plus, but the platform itself lacks. That's the problem.

    Good luck with whatever you choose.

    -Crack.
  12. mfriggio's Avatar
    Posts
    13 Posts
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    #92  
    I am getting the Hero too. The Pre has potential, but I cant understand not having basic tools (spell check, Yahoo IM, seperate notifications etc) on a premium phone. The app and theme developers on this site have made the phone useful. Palm owes everyone of them a debt of gratitude.

    To each his or her own. For those saisfied with the Pre, thats great. For those who want different, I say go for it.
    Last edited by mfriggio; 10/01/2009 at 09:57 AM. Reason: addtl comment
  13. dornier's Avatar
    Posts
    53 Posts
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
       #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by Crackbone View Post
    I'm an Android fan too, and where am I now?

    The problem is the OS sucks at multitasking, and its inability to have easy access to processes that are running.

    They mask this with widgets, which, can be quite useful. Furthermore, the browser is lacking, bigtime.

    Everyone should pick the right phone for them, and for some it's Apple, some Android, others WebOS. For that I can't blame anyone.

    Where I take issue is with the "grass is greener" syndrome. You can love Android, but it has its issues which, imo, are more frustrating because the issues with Android are with some of the core processes.

    -Browser isn't nearly as quick
    -All of the phones are underpowered (at present)
    -Force Closes and other conflicts within the kernel
    -Widgets(a positive and a negative as they lag badly)

    Believe me, I've had alot of experience with Android. The market is a huge plus, but the platform itself lacks. That's the problem.

    Good luck with whatever you choose.

    -Crack.
    Which android device do you have? The Sprint Hero hopefully will have the latest HTC updates which should improve the user experience.
  14. #94  
    I have had the hero for a couple weeks now and I really like it, I do wish it had multitasking but i feel it is a more polished OS because it has some of the things that the Pre is missing for now. But at the end of the day I don't know what I will end up with on my primary number. I am getting pretty attached to the Hero because of the Apps alone. I like having Meebo and a better email exchange, and a few other apps that are not out for WebOS yet, but I understand that WebOS is only 4 months old but I still want them yesterday.
  15. dornier's Avatar
    Posts
    53 Posts
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
       #95  
    No new free or paid apps as of 10/2/09 11:59 EST. iPhone app commercial on right now, do they something that we don't? In either case, the Sprint Hero is looking better by the minute.
  16. #96  
    If you're a sucker for Apps they sure go waste tons and tons of Money giving it to Apple. Make sure to bend over for them too.
  17. #97  
    Quote Originally Posted by jsblair17 View Post
    I have had the hero for a couple weeks now and I really like it, I do wish it had multitasking but i feel it is a more polished OS because it has some of the things that the Pre is missing for now. But at the end of the day I don't know what I will end up with on my primary number. I am getting pretty attached to the Hero because of the Apps alone. I like having Meebo and a better email exchange, and a few other apps that are not out for WebOS yet, but I understand that WebOS is only 4 months old but I still want them yesterday.
    The Hero has multitasking, it's just that you cannot easily switch between applications or it's hidden. There are free apps in the Market that will allow you to switch between applications from the notification window.

    I maybe getting my Hero on the 9th since I'm a Best Buy Reward Zone member!!
  18. #98  
    True multi-tasking isn't just an easy way to switch from app to app. They all keep running/open/active.
  19. #99  
    I'm eligible to change phones with no penalty after having my Pre for a year. I'm certainly going to give Palm that much time. I purchased in late June, so in June of next year I'll do an evaluation of what's out there. My hope is that Palm will have a new WebOS phone out that will no longer be a 1.0 version as the Pre is, and I'll shift to that. If it doesn't appear that WebOS is going to make it as a platform I'll look at the other Sprint options and make a choice at the time.

    Worst-case would be that if WebOS doesn't seem to be making it, and Sprint also appears to be coming apart at the seams, I'll gut it out for one more year with the Pre, and shift networks (and phones) after having the Pre for two years, and Sprint for eleven years.
    Mike B in OKlahoma

    Palm V-->Palm Vx-->Palm m505-->Garmin iQue3600-->Treo 650-->Treo 755p-->Palm Pre


  20. #100  
    Me personally, I do love the Pre, just need a good To Do app, (i.e. Toodledo), and I'm good. The build quality of the Pre is what really disappoints me. I've had to get 4 replacement phones for various reasons. The Hero looks VERY durable and fun looking to use also. Once Pre comes with a more durable phone, then I'll be here to stay. Until then...idk, I wouldn't mind having the hero
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions