Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Crackbone View Post
    I've been on Android since day 1. It's a solid OS.

Where it isn't solid :

The phone(s) including the hero are massively underpowered.
    The OS has stability issues throughout. It crashes more often than you'd believe.
    The multitasking is terrible and laggy beyond belief.
    The market, while full of apps, has about 30-40 that are useable. The rest are soundboards, flashlights, and other nonsense.

That's the truth. I experienced Android both with Stock ROMS and using the best of the best, fastest Cyno ROMS.

Lastly, and get ready for this, the browser sucks. It's terrible compared to the Pre and iPhone.

The only thing I miss from Android are widgets. However, truth be told, the Pre is so fast at multitasking, there's no need for the widget.
    crackbone
    you are cracking me up :-).
    you said its a solid OS , but then hmm, the other four points make it a not so SOLID :-)
    wow you people go through cell phones like water..and my friends think I'M bad...
    The Pre has only been out 3 months, but they've had a chance. The iPhone had thousands of more apps in the first month than the Pre has had in the first three months (and most likely will have in the first year). It's not a hardware or software issue, it's a marketing issue that Palm and Sprint have failed to address, and continue to address.

Quote Originally Posted by ssrjazz View Post
    The Palm Pre and WebOS haven't even been out 6 months yet!

Android has been out considerably longer and has had more time to build up apps. Jeezus people, give Palm and the devs a chance to get going, will ya?
    Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Quote Originally Posted by Crackbone View Post
    I've been on Android since day 1. It's a solid OS.

Where it isn't solid :
    The phone(s) including the hero are massively underpowered.
    The OS has stability issues throughout. It crashes more often than you'd believe.
    The multitasking is terrible and laggy beyond belief.
    The market, while full of apps, has about 30-40 that are useable. The rest are soundboards, flashlights, and other nonsense.
    Lastly, and get ready for this, the browser sucks. It's terrible compared to the Pre and iPhone.
    I have no experience with Android, but if you believe those 5 points you list are true, how can you possibly conclude that it's a solid OS?!?! The second point alone is the exact opposite of a solid OS, isn't it?
    I wish everyone would stop whining about no apps! When you work with leading edge software technologies there is always going to be a waiting period to catch up to the competition. WebOS is a completely new operating system and apps don't just get made over night. If all of you were experienced with utilizing cutting edge smartphones you would have known what to expect when you purchased the Pre. Go get an iPhone or something different because there are not going to be even 100 more apps in the store before the next smartphone becomes available.

If you want app choices go with older versions of smartphones and operating systems so that you can get the selection you need!
    Quote Originally Posted by briggsie View Post
    I agree,if it wasnt for homebrew,i would be outta here.it really doesnt matter how many apps are available,its what kind of apps (free or paid apps )that are available.I think if nothing good comes out soon im leaving you palm boys here and going where the grown ups are!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ive seen more lil kids with the iphone, ive seen the big boys with Blackberrys, maybe ur from another place
    Quote Originally Posted by PJaE00 View Post
    Ive seen more lil kids with the iphone, ive seen the big boys with Blackberrys, maybe ur from another place
    yeah all the people i know/see with iphones are otherwise CLUELESS, or kids..very true
    Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    The iPhone had thousands of more apps in the first month than the Pre has had in the first three months.
    hmm yes, I too am completely divorced from reality
    Quote Originally Posted by PJaE00 View Post

And you could be left in the dust with your pre with all the calculator apps to play with!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Another issue is whether Palm will be around in 2 years,will it have been bought out? You figure Android being from Google will still be going. I am rooting for Palm but you have to factor this in when you are on a 24 month contract.
    I am certain Palm has read the Ops thread and will deliver thousands of apps on October 12th. As for me. I love that I have had more updates and added features in the past 3 months than my last 3 phones had updates combined! I am sticking with "WebOs is where it's at!!!". Good luck on the other side though.
    u guys are crazy giving up on the pre, its hasnt been a 6 month yet. Give some credit to palm pre Its the 1st of it its kind,,,number 1. when the iphone came out, no app was available. off the bat pre had more features then most 1st gen phones. just be patient. Remember all these phone been around longer then the pre. give the newborn time to grow. I am. I see a great phone in the maken and im not going anywhere. WHO'S WITH ME!!!!!!!!!!!!?
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven_Speed View Post
    u guys are crazy giving up on the pre, its hasnt been a 6 month yet. Give some credit to palm pre Its the 1st of it its kind,,,number 1. when the iphone came out, no app was available. just be patient. Remember all these phone been around longer then the pre. give the newborn time to grow. I am. I see a great phone in the maken and im not going anywhere. WHO'S WITH ME!!!!!!!!!!!!?
    You might be the only one standing!
    To me these discussions are pointless. If the Pre doesn't work for you then by all means get what does work for you.

Personally I'm sticking with the Pre. I've had a lot of phones and so far this is my favorite and the one I've had the most fun with, so it works for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by ratchetjaw View Post
    see ya, and get used to forced closures with Android. Nice OS but that ****es me off. Between forced closed and having to get an app killer app to close programs that run in the background that you dont even know about sucks. You will be back
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    It's a free phone. What do you expect?

Regarding the number of apps in App Store vs. the App Catalog, if I'm going to do some shopping today I'll probably go to a Target or WalMart rather than a FredMart. Why? Because Target and WalMart are huge and have a ton of stores. Even though I only need one store today, the fact that they have a ton of stores tells me something about selection, price, competition, and availability of the brand I want. There's always a possibility that FredMart might carry exactly what I want just like it's possible that an App Catalog with 100 apps will have everything you need on your smartphone.
    That was a horrible comparison...a larger store would be more likely to have what you want :| ...

Also, everyone saying that the iPhone has useless apps seems to have forgotten that the Pre has apps for making fart noises, apps for making lightsaber noises ywhich, ironically, EVEN SUCKS AT THAT!), and about 100 different apps that find freking restaurants...none of which that many people use, anyway...

However I do agree that you all aren't givin' it enough time...I'm stickin' with my Pre and supportin' Palm until they've updated it into the phone I thought it should have been at launch...I'm sure that by then, it'll have plenty of apps that are on par with the iPhone's store...
    Quote Originally Posted by thekarens View Post
    To me these discussions are pointless. If the Pre doesn't work for you then by all means get what does work for you.

Personally I'm sticking with the Pre. I've had a lot of phones and so far this is my favorite and the one I've had the most fun with, so it works for me.
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by ebuzz7 View Post
    I am so tired of all the sad babies on this site that expect everything to be awesome overnight, BLAH, BLAH...
    Then stop logging in :| ...

Your whining isn't going to change anything, and it's just as annoying....
    good bye! return the phone so some one who wants one will get it! go buy your isuck.
    please leave....we kinda want you to!!...pre is not the only phone in the world so stop complaining and get in line for your hero since you love it so much...

oct 11th...the day i wont have to hear your voice!...enjoy your much greener android pastures i will miss you well not really!!!!

and all you android forums out there get ready for an influx of whiners and complainers!!
    I swear. I'm so tired of the...."If I don't get more apps, I'll leave...wah wah wah!" There are more important things in life than....apps....

Apps are cool and are fun to play with, but if you don't get more apps right now, are you gonna get a kidney infection?

Apps are comming. BE PATIENT! My god, the OP sounds as if he was 12 years old and stomping his feet as if he didn't get his afternoon treat. Grow up.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast