1.    #1  
    maybe my eyes decieve me, but is this a Compact Flash card in a Clie?

Interesting. That'd be my guess. Where'd you get the picture?
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.
    Originally posted by Drakion
    maybe my eyes decieve me, but is this a Compact Flash card in a Clie?
    yeah thats the CF sled for the Clie T600. Thats the biggest reason why I might want to get that new Clie. Saadly, it may only be released in Japan for the time being.
    Did you just go near a burning hot river of lava or are you just happy to see me?
    Originally posted by volcanopele
    yeah thats the CF sled for the Clie T600. Thats the biggest reason why I might want to get that new Clie. Saadly, it may only be released in Japan for the time being.
    That's because it isn't a true CF sled. It supposedly only supports a certain wireless modem from what I heard, much like the original Springboard CF kaizo project.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Originally posted by Toby
    That's because it isn't a true CF sled. It supposedly only supports a certain wireless modem from what I heard, much like the original Springboard CF kaizo project.
    That is correct. It is being advertised a "CF Sled for Communication Devices". Whether this means there is only one specific modem, or any CF Communication device will work is unknown. What is known, is that CF Memory Cards are not supported.
    In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. JOHN 14:2
    It seems Sony likes to tests new products in Japan first, to see if they will work in the real world market. Which is good and bad. Things like the S500 and other flops will never come here to the US. Then again, we have to sit around and drool at all the good stuff in Japan and beg for it to come here. haha.
    nelson.hsieh
    good artists copy, great artists steal. . .
    I have a few friends who are from Japan, maybe I can convince them to bring me some of these cool toys.

--David
    Originally posted by AzNCoMpUtAnErD
    It seems Sony likes to tests new products in Japan first, to see if they will work in the real world market.
    Er, Japan is a "real world market." Every bit as "real" as the United States.
    Originally posted by VancouverCanuck
    Er, Japan is a "real world market." Every bit as "real" as the United States.
    LOL, sorry, I guess I picked a bad word to use. I just basically meant if it would work here in the US, the largest consumers of PDAs and handhelds. I don't know about consumer electronics, but I'm sure the US has the most PDA users in the world by far. Japan is so small anyway, even if they have everyone hooked on electronics. They don't wanna flop in the US, because they'd be losing too much, they want to be sure.
    nelson.hsieh
    good artists copy, great artists steal. . .
  10. xjx
    The population of japan is more than half of US, and in term of high-tech gadget, it's a large market.
    I imagine the main reason they release things in Japan first is that Sony is a Japanesse company. They would release it there first since that is most likely where it would be producted first. Just like the Playstations. You could get one in Japan months before you could in the USA.

Also the Japanesse do seem to have a thing for high-tech gadgets. Video on their cell phones, extreme PDA modifications, etc. so it makes sense to test tech stuff there as well before unleashing it upon the world.
    Originally posted by visigoth
    I imagine the main reason they release things in Japan first is that Sony is a Japanesse company. They would release it there first since that is most likely where it would be producted first. Just like the Playstations. You could get one in Japan months before you could in the USA.

Also the Japanesse do seem to have a thing for high-tech gadgets. Video on their cell phones, extreme PDA modifications, etc. so it makes sense to test tech stuff there as well before unleashing it upon the world.
    I sure that there is much less involved WRT logistics as well, since it's a geographically smaller area. It takes a while for national chains to proliferate inventory throughout their systems in the US (physically, though, not electronically).
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...