1.    #1  
    does any body know if the iphone will be on the sprint network any time soon???????
    thanks to sprint I will be up for an upgrade come feburary unfortuneately I am one with the pre. 2 and half months is too long to wait for an upgrade to a device that was released early to compete with the 3gs release, palm should have waited a year to release this device! not to mention the fact that so far the leaked 1.2 has shown only a third of the features that shouldv'e been stock on the phone from the jump.
    I was about to buy a car charger for my pre but have decided to refrain from buying any palm accesories or pay for any apps until I am eligible to upgrade or palm updates the phone at least 80% of what is needed to be updated. at the pace palm is moving I am likely to switch to either blackberry or htc unless iphone is coming soon
    Doubt sprint will get it but that would be nice.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    lmfao because lmfao

but seriously

don't hold your breath for the iPhone on Sprint. I seriously doubt that they will get it anytime soon... especially over Verizon. AT&T is holding on to it for dear life as that is the only 'benefit' (this is debateable) they have.
  4.    #4  
    that sucks because I am not too impressed with the htc hero and am not to big on blackberry maybe the pre 2 will be surfacing around that time and I may give palm a last 30 days
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    With Apple making the rounds across the globe with the iPhone on GSM, I seriously doubt they would go to the time and effort in releasing the iPhone on a CDMA network. The extra support costs make it unlikely from a business perspective. Of course that's not to say they don't hold the threat over AT&T's heads

If your problem with the Hero is its sluggishness in the initial reviews, keep in mind that these problems have reportedly been fixed already with a update and that Sprint will be rolling the Hero out with the updated software. I was torn between the Pre and Hero but chose the Pre because it has push Yahoo, the Hero polls.
    the hero has push too with all the email services including exchange.....

Also if at&t loses the iphone, they will be dead in the water. That iphone is the only thing I would even look at. Their plans are too high. Don't be surprised if they change their plans around the holidays. Sprint dropping anytime mobile was a smack in the face to them. They dropped their 5 people call anytime deal and didn't even advertise it. I think they knew it would sound stupid after what sprint did.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    I read in a few places (mostly forums) that Yahoo push is not supported in the Hero, but instead it uses IMAP - monitors for changes and then automatically downloads any changes that have happened.

Maybe I'm slow or something though and this is what Yahoo "push" has always been?
    Tomh1102, February is a long time away. One or more of the following might happen between now and then:

1. Another WebOS device might come to Sprint or info about pre 2 might start leaking.
    2. Windows mobile 7 may be around the horizon.
    3. A kick-*** android phone might come to Sprint.

Don't think there is any chance of iPhone coming to Sprint and its sad (for Sprint). Its painful to see the company suffer when a company like AT&T is making out like a bandit.