1.    #1  
    The Pink Phone Pictures Microsoft Doesn't Want You To See Yet - Microsoft pink - Gizmodo

Project Pink is Microsoft's secret new phone,... pictures of Pink phones, Turtle and Pure.

These phones are going to be made by Sharp, who'll get to share branding with Microsoft. Sharp produced the Sidekick hardware for Danger, who was bought by Microsoft almost two years ago. Pink will be primarily aimed at the same market as the Sidekick, and the branding and identity for it is highly developed, pointing toward a later stage in the development cycle.

The prior relationship between Danger and Sharp is the only reason we can think of why Microsoft stuck with Sharp for the new phones, and perhaps why they look so much like remixed Sidekicks. (Kind of yucky, that is.) The youth bent is somewhat surprising, if Pink is going to be their big consumer phone play, building off the expertise of Danger and members of the Zune team.

The hardware design has a definite younger feeling: Turtle looks like a chunky child's version of a Palm Pre, while Pure seems like a standard slider, and both are clearly plastic, with an overall sense of roundedness, thanks to lots of soft angles and circular keys.

It's been reported elsewhere that Pink phones will include Zune services, and have its own app store, making it as close to the Zune phone as we may get. We'll see if it's close enough in the coming months, though these are the only facts our source will let us safely publish for now.
    Just call me Berd.
    I assume these will based on WM7? If so then WM7 + Zune services might make this interesting. It all depends on how MS improves the UI of the WM though. As far as the styling of the devices...I find them kinda bleh...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Very interesting.

On one hand, I tend to be pretty seriously anti microsoft (linux user for almost 10 years).

However, I have owned 3 different WM PDAs (Okay, one was PPC2000, back before they changed the name) and I used to own a Sharp Zaurus SL-5700.

I can't imagine trading in the Pre for one, since the Pre is the first smart phone to make me switch from carrying a separate phone and PDA, which I also did for about 10 years up until last month; but, it will be very interesting to see what happens.

It looks like manufacturers have finally caught on to the fact that they iphone isn't magic, and they can in fact create real competition for it. We can thank palm for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    Very interesting.
    It looks like manufacturers have finally caught on to the fact that they iphone isn't magic, and they can in fact create real competition for it. We can thank palm for that.
    The thing that I always thought was funny about the iPhone commercials was how it is always just the hands waving around doing things with the iPhone, kind of like a magician doing a sleight of hand trick. I'll wave my fingers over here to distract you while I flip the screen and...OMG HOW DID THE SCREEN CHANGE FROM PORTRAIT TO LANDSCAPE?!?!?!
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post

You may be able to thank Palm, but not the Pre. These phones have been in development for far longer than the Pre has been public, so it's a little much to think the Pre convinced MS to do this.

I may be the odd man out, but I'm a lot less concerned about how a phone looks than how it works. The keyboard on the pure has the potential to be a lot easier to type on than the Pre's keyboard. That's a plus in my book. But only time will tell how well the device actually works.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.