Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just read a very good review of the new T600-series >>here<<

Let's apolgize to the Palm engineers

According to this review, the colors on the T600 are "washed out" compared to the N600 series. The review also mentions that the reds are not truly red, but more of a reddish brown.

HA! That is just how I would describe the 505's display. I suspect that current technology is not able to deliver vibrant color with a display thin enough to fit in a .49" case (505 = .5")

The review also states that the battery life for the T600 series is closer to the iPaq than the N600 series. The shorter battery life is no doubt due to the the brighter sidelighting pulling on a battery closer to 505 size.

IMO, this shows that the engineers at Palm did just as good a job designing the 505 as the engineers at Sony did with the T600 series. So let's ease off those guys.

Let's tar and feather the Palm market researchers

This review also rekindles some of early frustration with the 505. WHY not give it a bright sidelight, and let the user choose between brightness and battery life? The T600 series has a real speaker. Would it kill Palm to start using one?

So, the engineering talent at these two companies is about equal. The difference is that the marketers and managers at Sony are more willing to take risks with their designs.
    That IS a Palm III form-factor in my pocket, AND I'm happy to see you.
    Just got back from San Francisco ...

Well, that guy is a little fishy, we've been talking about him and his review for sometime. I doubt all of his comments are totally true or that bad. I believe the T600 will be WAYYY better than the m505 hands down. Just be patient and wait until it comes to the US....
    nelson.hsieh
    good artists copy, great artists steal. . .
    Well yeah the Clie better be better than the M505.
    Given the M505 came out in MAY!!!!!!

I do value the Guy from SPUG's review, but its his opinion not mine....so when i see it i will make my own conclusion,,,,

Well i will make it now the M505 is better (only cause i just bought one)
    Hey baby before we start do you mind if we use my M505?
    No not for that!!!!!!!!!!
    Use it to reffer to PalmaSutra, silly???????
    Since Sony is going to acquire Palm anyway, it doesn't really matter. Palm's engineers will soon be working for Sony!
    Originally posted by foo fighter
    Since Sony is going to acquire Palm anyway, it doesn't really matter. Palm's engineers will soon be working for Sony!
    LOL, yea, that's true. I think the combination will be good. Sony has style and class, and Palm can just design something that works. Putting them both together should be good,
    nelson.hsieh
  6.    #6  
    I hope you guys are right. As much as I like my m505, I hope that this guy is wrong. I also hope the $415 price being knocked around sticks. ( Santa brought me $150 in gift cards from Best Buy )
    Last edited by slotmachine; 12/31/2001 at 06:29 PM.
  7.    #7  
    Originally posted by culo77
    Well i will make it now the M505 is better (only cause i just bought one)
    So what do you think?

By the way, what happened to that avatar of the cute chick leaning against the wall and winking at us? Not that Chris Farley doesn't turn me on....
    Originally posted by slotmachine

By the way, what happened to that avatar of the cute chick leaning against the wall and winking at us? Not that Chris Farley doesn't turn me on....

Too many were complaining about the girls....I change so people would be nice....
    Hey baby before we start do you mind if we use my M505?
    No not for that!!!!!!!!!!
    Use it to reffer to PalmaSutra, silly???????
    Originally posted by culo77

Too many were complaining about the girls....I change so people would be nice....
    What? I like the girls better. At least I can eat and type when I come on VC with the girls on!
    Originally posted by yardie
    What? I like the girls better. At least I can eat and type when I come on VC with the girls on!
    And this after all the uproar with my tweaked chris farley avatar...
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.
  11.    #11  
    What was wrong with the winking girl? But if Mr. Farley was in response to prudish protests, I applaud you.
    Hmm...coming to think about it, we should hail those Sony developers once again. I mean think about the 16 MB memory they put in that baby, the high-res screen, the memory stick. All in that small thing, yet Palm couldn't even come close to that. Adding 16 MB memory should be a piece of cake, and Palm can't even do that. Actually, they probably could, just need to make more money by making people by those expensive SD/MMC cards

I love Sony!
    nelson.hsieh
  13.    #13  
    I'm hoping price and feature pressure from Sony = the rumored "m525" for $400! I've also given a lot of thought to the T615. I just hate the buttons on it. I know, I know, the jog dial is better and faster. I'll have to give myself a few weeks to get used to it.

Have you CLIE owners out there stopped using the front buttons? How about games?
    There are FRONT buttons?? Oh yeah. I only use the calendar button and the todo button (remapped to handyshopper). Occasionally I use the up and down button. The buttons really aren't that bad unless you are going to play a lot of games.

I saw an add-on gamepad that attaches to the hotsync connector and gave you a gameboy like interface. That should solve the game playing issue.

I wish someone would create a replacement button strip. It would be pretty easy to swap out.
    When I HAD my clie, I used the buttons pretty often. For datebook, phone book, 4.0 Student, and not too often for WordSmith. The buttons are acceptable, but I don't really like them. I've always liked the buttons Handspring has, cuz they're easy to press and give good feedback. I'll be happy with my Edge on that note... As for the up/down, I never used those, Jog Dial was and is always better and easier to use.

As for games, lot of times I wouldn't play a game because of the buttons, they're just too hard to use. Especially games you need the up/down buttons . I never played Zap after I got my clie...

I think that's about the only flaw I see in the new clies, everything else is great. I don't think the T400 or T600 series solved it either...
    nelson.hsieh
    Originally posted by olendorf
    I saw an add-on gamepad that attaches to the hotsync connector and gave you a gameboy like interface. That should solve the game playing issue
    Where?!?! When I had my clie, I was always looking around for something like that...was surprised the company that made the GamePad for the III series didn't make one for the Clie. I think they went out of business...haha, too bad

200th Post!!! YAY!
    nelson.hsieh
    Slot,

I bet you thought I'd jump into this fray eh
    -Mikedemo
    It's all about how you spend the money.
  18.    #18  
    Originally posted by mikedemo
    Slot,

I bet you thought I'd jump into this fray eh
    My baiting skills must be getting rusty! Or you're just now dragging in from Times Square....
    OK, thanks for the challenge. I looked around for over an hour and finally found it. So far it looks like this is the only place to buy it. Go to WWW.PDASIA.COM and look around. It is not easy to find. Somebody be a guinea pig and get one and let us all know.

Q-PAD Gamepad for SONY CLIE
    Plug and play game pad.
    Cross pad and 4 buttons
    Compact size for easy carry-out
    Programmable key configuration.
    Driver disk included.
    Durable - Won\'t hurt the buttons on your Palm.
    Suitable for SONY CLIE \"S\" and \"N\" Series PDA.
    (Including CLIE PEG-s300, s320, s500, N600c, N610c, N700c, N710c, N750c and N760c)

Price : HK$ 250.00 (US$ 32.47)
    Price (paid member) : HK$ 250.00 (US$ 32.47)

Scott,

Those pads look great!!!
    -Mikedemo
    It's all about how you spend the money.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast