Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by bvilly View Post
    Been there before, not too impressed. Winterboard slows it down drastically and I have found all the apps to be very buggy.
    A bit off topic but Ditto...jailbroke my iPod Touch, Cydia is cool but nothing "must have" so far.

I did notice a significant preformance hit, but I understand that also may have to do with OS 3.0, so I'm not too sure if it's jailbroke apps or the OS update that slowed it down.

Back on topic, Give it a 30-day test drive.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    bvilly, I just switched from an iPhone last week. To date my only cause for even thinking about the old iPhone is that the build quality of the Pre isn't up to the same level as the iPhone.

That been said, despite the fewer apps I can easily say I'm sticking with the Pre. The multitasking was enticing at first but once you start using it you'll wonder how you manged to live without it. It is waaaay more useful than you think it may be.

As pointed out already, your experience/needs may differ, but definitely go for the 30 day trial.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kamakazikev24 View Post
    Winterboard? never heard of that one...maybe thats why it was rubbish! lol
    Winterboard might be one of the most famous Cydia apps available. It is the app that allows mods to the Springboard.

Quote Originally Posted by solarus View Post
    bvilly, I just switched from an iPhone last week. To date my only cause for even thinking about the old iPhone is that the build quality of the Pre isn't up to the same level as the iPhone.

That been said, despite the fewer apps I can easily say I'm sticking with the Pre. The multitasking was enticing at first but once you start using it you'll wonder how you manged to live without it. It is waaaay more useful than you think it may be.

As pointed out already, your experience/needs may differ, but definitely go for the 30 day trial.
    Good to hear. Thanks again to you and everyone for their input!
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    So I got a Pre...taking the 30 day test drive.

I'm a little disappointed because I ended up paying 175.00 after taxes from the Sprint Store. Im thinking of returning it and buying through Amazon. Would I be able to return the phone, and re-buy through Amazon for 100? Not to mention I have a huge oreo problem...

Or maybe I can call Sprint and have them give me a credit or something to match the Amazon price? Anyone have any experience with this? I would even take an accessory. What approach should I take on this one guys?
    Quote Originally Posted by bvilly View Post
    So I got a Pre...taking the 30 day test drive.

I'm a little disappointed because I ended up paying 175.00 after taxes from the Sprint Store. Im thinking of returning it and buying through Amazon. Would I be able to return the phone, and re-buy through Amazon for 100? Not to mention I have a huge oreo problem...

Or maybe I can call Sprint and have them give me a credit or something to match the Amazon price? Anyone have any experience with this? I would even take an accessory. What approach should I take on this one guys?
    Sprint's pricing is totally independent from any other retailers and there's no price match policy that exists. You can try but I don't this you'll have much success your first try.
    Oreo effect? Whats that? And I LOVE my Pre so far. I would not go back to my iphone for anything. Pre is totally ****ing awesome. You had to jailbreak the iphone for it to be bad ***. The Pre is brand new and it already owns the iphone os. Only thing iphone has over Pre is apps and battery life. How is the graphics processor on the Pre? Can it hold a candle to the 3GS?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12