Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree, but I think with Quickoffice, Docs to Go and others, including the PPT module, there is at least an opportunity for a corporate market for Palm devices, the Springboard, at least offers just about everything a PPC does, and if the prices are ~$600, then the price will remain close to the same. There are also a couple of wireless and phone options available, don't know about these on the PPC, but I feel I could match my Prism with just about any PPC in this respect.
    As far as the digital video and MP3, this is available on Palm devices, integrated on the Sony, available as an expansion on other devices.
    I don't really think Palm and others have stagnated, I think, like I said before, that the processor power available, has been maxed out, leaving nothing to do to compete but rework the entire deal from the Hardware to the OS itself. It seems that Palm is following MS's lead on this (focusing on media), but I feel confident that usability won't be hindered as it was with PPC devices.
    Never thought of competition pushing Palm to innovate, maybe I better retract my previous statement about their lack of innovatoin and go with stagnation (Is that a word )
    Doesn't sound much like bitter rivals - more like working hand in hand.
    That's like saying IBM and Microsoft like working hand-in-hand.
    We're all naked if you turn us inside out.
    -David Byrne
    Originally posted by homer

Ok then, they have a Symbionic relationship.
    Originally posted by dampeoples
    I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree, but I think with Quickoffice, Docs to Go and others, including the PPT module, there is at least an opportunity for a corporate market for Palm devices, the Springboard, at least offers just about everything a PPC does, and if the prices are ~$600, then the price will remain close to the same. There are also a couple of wireless and phone options available, don't know about these on the PPC, but I feel I could match my Prism with just about any PPC in this respect.
    As far as the digital video and MP3, this is available on Palm devices, integrated on the Sony, available as an expansion on other devices.
    I don't really think Palm and others have stagnated, I think, like I said before, that the processor power available, has been maxed out, leaving nothing to do to compete but rework the entire deal from the Hardware to the OS itself. It seems that Palm is following MS's lead on this (focusing on media), but I feel confident that usability won't be hindered as it was with PPC devices.
    Never thought of competition pushing Palm to innovate, maybe I better retract my previous statement about their lack of innovatoin and go with stagnation (Is that a word )
    You guys are in quite a discussion...

As for corporate platform, PPC has it down easy, no one can match them. Docs to Go, QuickOffice, Wordsmith can't cut it for PalmOS. PPC has terminal emulation software, VPN software, network integration, and more. This is the DREAM tool for an IT to give out to everyone. All Palm's can do is sync your contacts from you work. PPC can sync your contacts and everything they want you to know, . As for wireless and network capabilites. I dunno who wins. PPC is the easiest and cheapest to connect to wired and I believe wireless networks. Well, after you pay for the PPC itself, haha. As for wireless, all the PalmOS providers are dead, and I dunno about PPC.

As for PalmOS innovation, you know what's funny? PPC already has everything that Palm devices can do, memory expansion, MP3, high-res, color. But it seems PalmOS just takes those ideas, makes 'em better, and makes a ton of money. Kinda funny...hehe. WinCE has had all those things since its start. PPC is really innovating, the PalmOS developers are just making those things work on a PalmOS device, And I like it that way.
    nelson.hsieh
    good artists copy, great artists steal. . .
    Originally posted by dampeoples
    Ok then, they have a Symbionic relationship.
    Originally posted by homer
    Haha, well...we all know that if either had a chance to screw the other over, they would do it, cuz they don't need each other anymore. I think that's true for Sony and Microsoft too...

I think everyone would take out Microsoft if they could...

Bill Gates is like the High King of the Computer World. IBM, COMPAQ, HP are all lower kings. Sony and smaller companies are the knights. All we need are the Saxons..........
    nelson.hsieh
    good artists copy, great artists steal. . .
    Originally posted by AzNCoMpUtAnErD

You guys are in quite a discussion...

As for corporate platform, PPC has it down easy, no one can match them. Docs to Go, QuickOffice, Wordsmith can't cut it for PalmOS. PPC has terminal emulation software, VPN software, network integration, and more. This is the DREAM tool for an IT to give out to everyone. All Palm's can do is sync your contacts from you work. PPC can sync your contacts and everything they want you to know, . As for wireless and network capabilites. I dunno who wins. PPC is the easiest and cheapest to connect to wired and I believe wireless networks. Well, after you pay for the PPC itself, haha. As for wireless, all the PalmOS providers are dead, and I dunno about PPC.

As for PalmOS innovation, you know what's funny? PPC already has everything that Palm devices can do, memory expansion, MP3, high-res, color. But it seems PalmOS just takes those ideas, makes 'em better, and makes a ton of money. Kinda funny...hehe. WinCE has had all those things since its start. PPC is really innovating, the PalmOS developers are just making those things work on a PalmOS device, And I like it that way.
    What's wrong with the Palm office solution software, I personally use Quickoffice and find it very easy to use, and getting better with all the new updates released. Palm has a program that can operate a computer remotely, never used it, but it sounds cool. Why can't Palm sync any better than PPC, it's able to sync "anything they want me to know" as well.
    How is PPC easier to connect to wired/wireless networks, my thinmodem inserts the same fashion as my Targus modem did that I had for my Jornada. The wireless modems just snap on as well, although finding a provider does seem to be an issue these days.
    True PPC had all the multimedia first, but Palm was able to see their mistakes and imporove upon them. There is something to be said for doing it first as well as doing it better.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123