1.    #1  
    http://gizmodo.com/5361245/sprint-he...yline=true&s=x

every time gizmodo reviews a phone they say its still not polished like the iphone and the pre.
    I love my pre but this looks very tempting, if slingplayer comes out for the Android first I'm jumping ship.
    I don't consider the Pre very polished. It's got a great user metaphor, but it's more than a little rough around the edges, and still not complete. Gizmodo has it's biases, and they certainly show up here.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    I have to say that I was never a G1 fan even being on Tmo at the time. The Hero is a different beast altogether. What HTC and sprint have done is refined it and made it look more like a phone you want to have as opposed to the Toy it was before. I'm still not going to jump for it yet but it is very tempting. Palm and Sprint need to get on the ball and fix the Pre to match. Otherwise you are going to have many more people pay outright to get the hero. Even if it means eating the EFT.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    I remember reading there were ~40 Android devices due out by the end of the year. If that's the case, there should be some sweet options to choose from very soon.
  6.    #6  
    Sprint could careless what phone you want pre or hero as long as your using sprint and paying your bill. Sprint needs 1 more killer handset.
    New PhoneScoop video review:
    Compared to the Pre, Android is unpolished. Android reminds me of winmo, its powerful but just not ready for the average consumer.
    good review from CNET...but she ends her review by saying that the Palm Pre has a broader appeal and is easier to use.

HTC Hero (Sprint) Smartphone reviews - CNET Reviews