Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    ...they will sign a contract with Apple to get their own version of the iPhone next year in the 1st quarter. This phone will be under a different name since the name iphone is exclusive with at&t and apple together and the phone will support 4G. Anyone heard of this as well?

P.S.
    I got my 4th new Pre cause my phone was stuck in headphone mode. This Pre is by far the most perfect flawless Pre ever for me. Seems like quality issues has been taken care of.
    I haven't heard that yet...it'll be awesome competition imo
  3. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    A Sprint rep told me that the version of the iPhone they're getting will run webOS.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    A Sprint rep told me that the version of the iPhone they're getting will run webOS.
    Yeah ok LMAO
    Lmao imagine that
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts

Yep, I heard that one too. Also it will have HD video and 10MP photo camera.
    Anti iPhone wallpapers for your Palm Pre
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...allpapers.html

Palm Pre X-Ray App
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...amera-app.html

“Smile! It's irritates people.”
    Quote Originally Posted by cubefx View Post
    Yep, I heard that one too. Also it will have HD video and 10MP photo camera.
    12 MP... get it right.
    This might be the rumored I-Pad/I-Tablet/I-Poo er something. Maybe Verizon and Sprint are jumping on that after the January Apple keynote.
    Global Posts
    1,008 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by niospecv View Post
    ...they will sign a contract with Apple to get their own version of the iPhone next year in the 1st quarter. This phone will be under a different name since the name iphone is exclusive with at&t and apple together and the phone will support 4G. Anyone heard of this as well?

P.S.
    I got my 4th new Pre cause my phone was stuck in headphone mode. This Pre is by far the most perfect flawless Pre ever for me. Seems like quality issues has been taken care of.

I don't think the name change part is accurate (that is not Apple's style at all) but the rumors on the street suggest that the iPhone indeed goes to Verizon and other US carriers in early/mid 2010 when the AT&T agreement expires. Some snooping has suggested that Verizon is fast tracking their 4G deployment just for this purpose. Coincidentally, Verizon execs have stopped bashing the iPhone in public, and instead are paying it sickeningly ****-kissing compliments. Not unlike the "Michael Jordan" remark Sprint's CEO made recently. So it wouldn't surprise me if Sprint was going down this road as well.
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    As good as the iPhone may be. I can't imagine myself with one since my first Pre.
    :yawn: I'll believe it when I see it. Everyone is claiming it will come to their network, but it hasn't.
  13. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Sounds like nonsense, while the iphone is likely to appear on other carriers sooner rather than later, there is no sense it appearing under another name - part of the sales power of the iphone is the brand.
    A verizon rep told me that it will become available 1st quarter of 2010 and it will be FREE after MIR for new subscribers. Costco will also start selling it with all accessories and Apps included.
    close this thread!
    i heard that att paid ridiculous amounts of money to have exclusivity through 2010. Infact i thought that was public knowledge. But yes expect a 4G version just not next year (need 4G towers first).

http://www.engadget.com/2009/04/15/a...ivity-to-2011/
    And less "rectangular", with a plastic screen instead of glass, smaller screen, and they'll replace the Apple logo with... well, you get the idea...
    Quote Originally Posted by briggsie View Post
    close this thread!
    By far, one of the best posts in this thread so far
    Quote Originally Posted by caferacer View Post
    I heard the sprint iphone will actually jerk you off.... just to increase brand loyalty.

Lonely and horny? There's an app for that.
    Awseome.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast