Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    What would the name of this iSprint phone be? They might do something to make it sound old skool like the iPhone IIe
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    i'd believe it. after all 4g is up and running in like 2 cities. unless they mean the same 4g that the Pre is running on.
    No offense, but a rep would not be privy to that kind of information. They are the last to know quite frankly.
    Quote Originally Posted by niospecv View Post
    ...they will sign a contract with Apple to get their own version of the iPhone next year in the 1st quarter. This phone will be under a different name since the name iphone is exclusive with at&t and apple together and the phone will support 4G. Anyone heard of this as well?

P.S.
    I got my 4th new Pre cause my phone was stuck in headphone mode. This Pre is by far the most perfect flawless Pre ever for me. Seems like quality issues has been taken care of.

LoL!!
  5. JRH
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    there is no way I'm giving up my Pre...I refuse to use apple stuff because of proprietary software...just a peeve of mine.
    That story is a wee bit old. "Submitted by Jason Gertzen on May 28, 2008 - 4:54am"
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by niospecv View Post
    ...they will sign a contract with Apple to get their own version of the iPhone next year in the 1st quarter. This phone will be under a different name since the name iphone is exclusive with at&t and apple together and the phone will support 4G. Anyone heard of this as well?
    P.S.
    I got my 4th new Pre cause my phone was stuck in headphone mode. This Pre is by far the most perfect flawless Pre ever for me. Seems like quality issues has been taken care of.
    How can Sprint NOT call it the iPhone??!!?? What will they call it? The iBlower?
    Maybe the "MiPhone"

I dont know about anyone else , but I LOVE the fact that my Pre is NOT an iPhone. Every self egrandized middle manager in a pinstripe suit, or many other architypes tout their precious iPhone.

I like being different, and on the cutting edge, not the same old thing, ok, with some new features
    would be nice if sprint offered insurrance on it unlike att, this is a big factor that the pre has over the iphone that no one ever brings up....

any ways i dont think i can go back to using an iphone after using my pre, as good of a phone the iphone is, its like modern age vs stone age, the interface is just bland now compared to web os...

the only deal breaker for me to get it would be if it was running 4g and the pre wasn't.... imagine tethering on that
    Treo 700wx > Treo 755p > Treo 800w > IPhone 3g > Treo Pro > Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Well, if this is true its good for the consumer and Sprint. Palm will have a Pre 2 which will most likely have to be WiMax plus much needed hardware upgrades.

Very cool times for mobile devices.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    this has to be the funniest post i've ever read. "iBlower" "the phone will jack you off" "12mp camera" the title of the post alone! hahahahaha.. this post just made my day at 4:26 in the morning.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12