Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    What a crock, the Nano now has video recording, and the Pre doesn't ... I am not a hater, actually the opposite I praise this device everyday especially now with all the quality homebrew apps being distributed! And even though it took apple how many generations to get the video into the nano i still think its an important feature to have!

I can't even recall how many beneficial times i could have used the video recording on my Pre so far ... and not even in the rumored 1.2 update either ahhh
    R.I.P Palm Centro (6.5.09)
    New Pre Owner (6.6.09)

Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Just as a data point, I couldn't care less about video recording. No offense intended, really. I just see these posts asking and complaining about it and just don't get it.
    the nano isn't exactly one of their hottest sellers. The touch still doesn't have a camera.
  4. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    the nano isn't exactly one of their hottest sellers.
    It's their top selling ipod and accounts for 45% of their sales.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeking View Post
    Just as a data point, I couldn't care less about video recording. No offense intended, really. I just see these posts asking and complaining about it and just don't get it.
    To each its own, but every phone I have ever had with the exception of my Motorola startac lol had video and for me anyway I tend to take alot of video especially on family gatherings and holidays!

Lastly if anyone has seen the footage of Derek jeter breaking the all time yankees hits record, check out the crowd to see just how many people recorded that on there cell phones! Beats buying a $600 camcorder if you ask me ...

Whats also funny is that everyone i know considers me a gadget freak so of course knowing i have the Pre everyone thinks its gotta be the most fully loaded phone or else i wouldn't have even considered it, in short a friend got into a minor accident recently and i pulled out my phone to take some shots, and what do i get from everyone, video the damage, you got that $500 phone right so we should be good with that,
    Last edited by Impulsebuyer; 09/12/2009 at 04:30 PM.
    New Pre Owner (6.6.09)

Yep, Nano has a crappy lens, recording crappy 640x480 video. Wow.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
  7.    #7  
    I'm curious how close that is to the Centro's quality just to compare.. hmmm
    New Pre Owner (6.6.09)

Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    why does an ipod need a camera?
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    To each his/her own, but a video recording APP is VERY useful under many occasions.
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedar View Post
    To each his/her own, but a video recording APP is VERY useful under many occasions.
    I agree.
    Global Posts
    1,008 Global Posts
    Whether the Nano has video capability or not is irrelevant to the Pre. Anybody who cites this or needs to bash the Nano is wasting oxygen. As mentioned, it's a huge seller for Apple in a market totally separate from the Pre. In terms relevance, this is a problem for Flip, not Palm.

Whether the Pre has video or not is an issue for the Pre.

I just love it when someone says we're not competing with Apple, then a comparison comes up with Apple, then the Apple bashing starts. Palm needs to win or lose on their own. Unless you want to give credence to the fact that Apple is better, you should leave Apple out of it all together.
    The Game Boy Advance had an attachment where you could record video, but like the iPod Nano, neither are in any way relevant to the Palm Pre.
    I would like to be able to send video mail messages from the Pre like I used to do from other previous devices I have used. Hopefully a firmware update will enable this shortly...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by s219 View Post
    Whether the Nano has video capability or not is irrelevant to the Pre. Anybody who cites this or needs to bash the Nano is wasting oxygen. As mentioned, it's a huge seller for Apple in a market totally separate from the Pre. In terms relevance, this is a problem for Flip, not Palm.

Whether the Pre has video or not is an issue for the Pre.

I just love it when someone says we're not competing with Apple, then a comparison comes up with Apple, then the Apple bashing starts. Palm needs to win or lose on their own. Unless you want to give credence to the fact that Apple is better, you should leave Apple out of it all together.
    The Game Boy Advance had an attachment where you could record video, but like the iPod Nano, neither are in any way relevant to the Palm Pre.
    Just an observation of how other devices see the functionality in a video app, and to me anyway its baffling how our Pre's did not come with it to begin with .. Maybe the above poster is right even with his 74 posts, maybe I should just use my gameboy during events and holidays and get rid of my Pre all together
    New Pre Owner (6.6.09)

Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dusty78 View Post
    why does an ipod need a camera?
    My thoughts exactly. It seems extremely peculiar that Apple would add this feature... above everything else they could have added or improved upon. For instance, put a camera in iPod Touch. At least on a touch you'd be able to edit the video you just took and share it with people.

On one hand, it's kinda cool to have something that's an MP3 player and it can shoot video. On the other hand, not being able to share that video from the device... Weak.

To the OP, don't worry about it. Video Recording is coming to the Pre.
    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Why don't we tell palm to strip the phone off the Pre and add video capabilities plus 64G of RAM? Wouldn't that complete with the new IPod Nano?
    I could care less about the Nano, But I definitely want the option to record a little video from time to time.

I don't know squat about programming or developing APP's (I am fairly sure that a magic wand is involved) but what are the technical hurdles in developing a home brew video app?
    Quote Originally Posted by Impulsebuyer View Post
    Just an observation of how other devices see the functionality in a video app, and to me anyway its baffling how our Pre's did not come with it to begin with .. Maybe the above poster is right even with his 74 posts, maybe I should just use my gameboy during events and holidays and get rid of my Pre all together

I fail to see how my post count has anything to do with the argument. I guess quantity means something to you?

And you failed to see my point. It was not whether the Pre should or should not have a video option, it was that the iPod Nano has absolutely no relevance to the Palm Pre at all. I used the GBA as an example of another gadget that has NO relevance to the Palm Pre.

If you want to create a thread about how the Hero will have a video recording option and complain about the Pre, then I would see the relevance.
    I don't understand why people ***** about no video when they should have known the pre did not have it.

Do you buy a corvette and expect it to have a ford motor?
    the selling point of the new nano's with video recording is to try to sway the people buying the ultra portable video recording devices (ala Flip). i don't see the relevance with the Pre either. iphone with video recording vs pre would be more relevant, but there's plenty of threads of the iphone vs pre.

Personally, I agree with a couple of the posters above... why does an ipod need a video camera... i think it's one of those features which comes with the device which will never be used by most people... much like notes, calendar, contact list on the nano.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast