1. faz
    You're among the first to know about Any Mobile, Anytime(SM)

Thanks for the update. My wife has the original Instinct and this may be a nice phone for her when she is ready for an upgrade.
    no physical keyboard = no good (for me)

but jeesh bigger screen and camera?
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    This is a garbage featurephone.

The InstinctQ might be interesting, but this is not even close.
    I had the original... Worst phone ever.
    I don't know about anyone else but doesn't it seem like Sprint has/is releasing more phones now than they have since they started selling cell-phones.. I find it amazing even if some of the phones are not up my alley. More choices for more people!

Palm Pre
    Palm Pixi
    HTC Touch Pro 2
    HTC Hero
    Blackberry Tour
    Instinct HD

All within a year.. Amazing!
    <I accidentally the whole pre>

<Palm Pre Speed Test>

I have an original instinct (hopefully upgrading to Pre in a few days!!) it's actually a good phone. For an average consumer this will be a simple to use feature phone with good build quality. Altho with the Hero coming out unless this is under $99 I don;t see it competing.
    I also had the original Instinct and thought it was the worst phone ever! Don't know about the HD. Maybe it will be what the original Instinct was supposed to be.....
    Quote Originally Posted by mvpilot172 View Post
    I have an original instinct (hopefully upgrading to Pre in a few days!!) it's actually a good phone. For an average consumer this will be a simple to use feature phone with good build quality. Altho with the Hero coming out unless this is under $99 I don;t see it competing.
    Its a good phone I loved it, GPS on it was blazing fast, the email app was decent, visual voicemail was nice although it made the phone lag at times, and the tethering was super easy and the speeds were great. I loved playing with the Instincts primitive OS.

The "good build quality"??? Yeah thats non existent. I went through 3 1st gen Instincts because the touchscreen kept going bad. This last time it went bad I just swapped to my old M300 for 3 or 4 days and then just went ahead and upgraded to the Pre yesterday.

Tethering right now on my Pre and testing out the speeds
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    I don't think many Pre owners will downgrade to a Pixie, but this Samsung Instinct HD caught my eye. Well, certain things about it.. .

"Samsung Instinct HD is the successor of the Instinct. It will be proud to offer a refreshed design with smoother lines, 3.2-inch touchscreen, a 5-megapixel autofocus camera and the capability to record and play HD videos."

HD video out of the box with 5-mp camera, better battery and memory card slot.
    No keyboard or multi-tasking.

Upcoming Sprint phones (Phone Arena)
  11. JRH
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    I almost went with an Instinct over the Pre....but when I found out it wouldn't play a movie of the memory card that was a deal killer.
    Hmmm... I'm wondering if they're calling 480p video recording HD, which means technically the iPhone 3gs is also able to record HD video. To me, if you claim HD, you should be at 720p or better.
    Sprint’s Instinct HD said to be available as of September 27th : Boy Genius Report

Looks nice. Especially if it comes in at the 99 dollar price point.