1.    #1  
    whats the deal with a lot of these Android phones not being capable of pinch zoom and multitouch? I played with my friends Android phone and the internet sucks compared to Pre or iPhone with a button you have to press to zoom. After playing with Android a bit, it makes me realize how far ahead the WebOS UI is. Sure Android has more apps, but it just feels dated to navigate. When Pre gets more apps it will be the bees knees.
    how are we supposed to know... this isnt an android fourm...
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    uhmmm wtf is multi touch?
    Quote Originally Posted by zachz View Post
    uhmmm wtf is multi touch?
    The nickname some of us have given your girlfriend.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    The nickname some of us have given your girlfriend.
    WIN.

I agree, stop comparing other operating systems to the pre... noone cares.
    hoppy: you seem to have thrown us off completely. You see, most rants here are about the Pre. Yours, on the other hand, appears to be about Android (in comparison to the Pre, kinda). Forgive us, we're just not used to complaints about other operating systems in light of WebOS.

(...and perhaps this should be in the cross-platform chat forum)
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    hoppy: you seem to have thrown us off completely. You see, most rants here are about the Pre. Yours, on the other hand, appears to be about Android (in comparison to the Pre, kinda). Forgive us, we're just not used to complaints about other operating systems in light of WebOS.

(...and perhaps this should be in the cross-platform chat forum)
    or moved to the general forum where it belongs
    The hero is the only android phone with multitouch.
    Android doesn't support multitouch. The rumor was the next release, Doughnut, was going to bring system-wide multitouch, but it seems it will probably be pushed out later.

As it is, the HTC Hero with its HTC Sense UI does support multitouch, but only in HTC's apps (the browser does pinch-zoom, but Google Maps doesn't, etc).
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall
    I'm an Embedded Software Engineer. My idea of a Good User Interface is printf().
    Quote Originally Posted by zna03 View Post
    WIN.

I agree, stop comparing other operating systems to the pre... noone cares.
    Yeah man, get your priorities straight! You are supposed to complain about the failings of the Pre. Some people.. sheeesh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaser999 View Post
    Yeah man, get your priorities straight! You are supposed to complain about the failings of the Pre. Some people.. sheeesh.
    at least then it would be forum relevant
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by scrupul0us View Post
    at least then it would be forum relevant
    if you hate this thread so badly why do you keep coming back to it to bash it... just let it slide of the forums, request it be deleted, have it moved... i really don't care i was just making the statement cause people are on this forum drooling about Android lately, but they don't realize our Pre's are far ahead in the UI department.
    Global Posts
    1,008 Global Posts
    Rumor is that it was not included in the initial Android release because at the time Apple had applied for patents on a bunch of multi-touch stuff. I have no idea what the rules are now, or if those patents were awarded.
    whats the deal with useless threads about Android in Pre or Treo Central forums?
    Cause know ur enemy :P