Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So i waited and waited for the GSM Pre and now i think i was lucky Palm did'nt release it quick enough, so i had a change to meet Motorola CLIQ. What do you guys think of the just announced Motorola CLIQ?

Live from Motorola's Android announcement at Mobilize 09

Motorola CLIQ - MOTOBLUR - Android phone - Motorola USA

simulator:

http://www.motorola.com/staticfiles/...tor_en_US.html
    Last edited by nohatter; 09/10/2009 at 01:55 PM.
    It doesn't seem groundbreaking to me, I'll stick with my Pre'.
    I think Motorola's new Android skin looks a ton like Maemo. I'm not sure but it even looks like similar fonts they're using.

Other than that I'd just say wait until you see the interface in motion before you decide, since that's such an important change in the CLIQ.
    No thanks, i'm still waiting for the Pre
    /EU/GR/
  5.    #5  
    Definetly need to wait and see how it performs, but from the look of things it seems more compelling than the pre now. The unified messaging seems better, landscape keyb seems better, camera seems better and the list continues. To me it seems like the hero with a physical keyboard and better messaging. Only thing for the pre seems to be multitasking.
    more thoughts?
    Not a big fan of motorola due toy nextel days but this looks pretty cool. Android with a keyboard is a good combo
    Looks nice, maybe a little bulky for my taste considering the screen is the same size as the Pre. But for someone who wants a better keyboard it would be attractive.

The intro video cracked me up by saying how many hours everyone wastes logging into Twitter, Facebook, etc., and how much time this would save since you don't have to log in. Fun things to do, but not exactly productive 8^).

Any idea what the buttons do. Looks like "home", "back", and then something with four little boxes?
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Hello STARTAC, bye Pre!
    i'm not leaving palm for android. I'd go for iphone or blackberry but so far not Android. plus the iphone exclusive contract ends next year and i have a two year contract with sprint at a good rate so there's zero chance i'd break my contract for any phone anytime soon.
    Probably a programs button.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    i'm not leaving palm for android. I'd go for iphone or blackberry but so far not Android. plus the iphone exclusive contract ends next year and i have a two year contract with sprint at a good rate so there's zero chance i'd break my contract for any phone anytime soon.
    Wow, you would go to bb or iPhone before Android, for real? IMO that would be madness, because both of those UI's, features and the way to do things are outdated like hell.
    Thanks for the link. Those pics are much better. I like how the d pad is on the left. Looks pretty cool. I am sure tmobile will sell a bunch of them. The keyboard alone will probably make people want it.
  13.    #13  
    God dammit the suckers cpu is just not what i wanted to see
    MOTODEV > Products > Mobile Phones > CLIQ MB200 / DEXT MB200

How hard is it really to perfect these things.. dissapointment.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Thanks but no thanks Moto...After the numerous iDen phones I had to exchange monthly due to white screens, speakers going out, "Incompatible Charger" error messages, and "Insert SIM" it is going to take a lot of me to ever own a Moto phone again. Not to mention all the problems the Q's had. Blur could be nice but looks very cluttered from the pics I've seen and not as clean looking as Sense. The Instinct Q would be my choice if I was going for a landscape sliding Android phone. Not to mention the fact that two of my buddies with the G1 ask to use my phone at two of the bars we go to all the time because they don't get service.
    Quote Originally Posted by nohatter View Post
    Wow, you would go to bb or iPhone before Android, for real? IMO that would be madness, because both of those UI's, features and the way to do things are outdated like hell.
    100%, iphones have great gui, updated pretty consistently, adds features, tons of support from developers, never a shortage of apps, best music player out there, company has no debt and tons of cash to continue to develop there platform. RIM is a business phone and fullfills all those needs. great email, calender support. etc.

I've only seen 3 people in public with an android G1 phone since launch. It's not exactly a massive userbase. There are tons of blackberry and iphone users which means tons of accessories and tons of great developer support. And I left Tmobile to come to sprint so i had the time to choose. I played with it tons of times and its utilitarian. the GUI is usually ugly unless someone changes it, like for the sprint hero. It's not yet a polished consumer product that i need. it's like going from windows or snow leopard to linux. I don't have time for that kind of thing.

Besides, I have a pre and it's just way nicer then the Android phones. But i'm not going to downgrade from a Pre UI to Android anytime soon.

yeah looked at the simulator and it's the same old android. It doesn't have any must have features i don't get with a Pre.
    Last edited by blackmagic01; 09/10/2009 at 02:41 PM.
  16.    #16  
    blackmagic01, my future telling gifts are saying that with the rate of new android phones coming out, it's going to do wonders for android. The next year is going to be all about android. All the previous phones that sported android were just plain crap. Can't really judge android by G1, can you? have you ever tried the HERO? Now there is a good example of what android is capable of, when given only just remotely good hardware.
    Why is everyone so hell bent on getting a GSM phone? Do people travel to Europe that much?
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    Why is everyone so hell bent on getting a GSM phone? Do people travel to Europe that much?
    Howabout the fact that people actually live here in europe and would like the phone to work?
    Quote Originally Posted by nohatter View Post
    Howabout the fact that people actually live here in europe and would like the phone to work?
    +1
  20.    #20  
    Video: Motorola CLIQ gets demoed in detail

Looks pretty snappy to me, faster than Sense UI (without the upcoming patch) atleast, thoughts? Im really starting to like this and i don't know what to think about since i've been waiting so long for the Pre.

"no pinching and zooming at this point" WTF? the girl demoing the phone is so lost
    Last edited by nohatter; 09/10/2009 at 03:02 PM.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast