Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by alltrippy View Post
    Motorola is even going native. Maybe HTC, IPhone, Motorola etc., marketing department has discovered that this is a definite selling point for the phones. Palm better ... put more people on a Facebook project
    it is my understanding that the official iphone facebook app is made by the facebook people. so it may be on Palm to convince the facebook people that it's worth it to make a decent app. That said considering it's one of the original bookmarks in the browser i think you can rest assured that they understand the importance of facebook in moving units.

Quote Originally Posted by Runningwarrior08 View Post
    there is no need for stereotyping and racial slurs.....
    agreed
    Last edited by blackmagic01; 09/11/2009 at 01:11 AM.
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    I don't like moto products in general. If I were to get excited about an android device it would be a Hero.
    If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    Ya, I don't like this. Same old useless processor makes it useless for web browsing. Just watch any android/iphone/pre browser speed tests and android loses every time. The Pre is a little behind the iPhone due to lack of CPU scaling and Palm using an older webkit, but it is still miles ahead of android phones.
    I'd take the Hero over this..
    Yuck@that keyboard
    Nokia American Idol Phone< Motorola RAZR<Nokia Flip Phone<Sidekick Slide<Palm Centro<HTC Snap

Currently Enjoying: Palm Pixi
    <Moved>
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    it's fair to judge android on what is out now and the only thing out now that i know if is the G1 and the MYtouch. i've tried both and neither are up to par. As for the future or next year, i don't know and it's not a big concern to me what the phone market looks like. i don't go through phones for what ever new thing is so i'll be on my pre until my contract ends in about two years. But i'd guess in two years there will likely be a new very large capacity iphone as well. i'm sure it will have it's own innovations and maybe webos will be equally great. But android in general doesn't impress me. There's little with android that i want that i can't get from the palm webos, iphone, or blackberry and in this country the latter two clearly have the support and are the market leaders.

I have not tried the hero but i don't think it's out yet. regardless i'm not too fond of the htc interface. i tried it on the diamond and hated it. So for their sake i hope that touchflo type interface is more responsive on an android platform. But the chin hero is hideously ugly and i won't buy a white phone. The Sprint hero is nicer looking but no keyboard and if i'm not getting a keyboard i'm getting an ipod. I get the feeling like someone is trying to sell me on a prius when i drive a SL600. I don't want the Prius.

as for hardware differences. You should know the sprint hero runs on the same 528MHz MSM7201A processor that the G1 does according to Engadget so it does not seem that Android's issues are processing hardware related.
    Deep down android is just an ok looking woman and i'm attracted to 9's and 10's
    The Hero is out in here though. It's white or the black one with the chin that you dislike. Your comparison to cars and women about looks are funny though. However, even if the beotch is ugly(your opinion, i think shes hot, white or black), with that teflon coating and overall the HERO is just built better. Also it's not all about the processor, G1 has way less RAM and can't even sport sense UI because the ROM won't fit. Also the G1's processor is not running at full speed and the memory is slower.
    Last edited by nohatter; 09/11/2009 at 06:44 AM.
    Looks like a solid device. This Cliq is supposedly their lower-end offering, targeted at a younger crowd. It would be interesting to see what's coming up.

I like that they didn't molest the Android UI like HTC. But I think widgets are dumb and I don't customize anything. Customizations! Widgets! Because we have no idea what our customers like!

I'd hate wading through all that clutter and the multiple screens.

But again, solid device, apparently very good keyboard and battery life, and I certainly envy the Gmail integration.
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
    The rest of this year and next year look to be really exciting in cell phone tech. I think it is just cool how we are seeing such advances on all the carriers, inspite of different carries issues. God knows they all have their own issues, even Sprint.

I'm very happy with my Pre and Sprint, but I admit my Pre and Sprint aren't for everone. That's the nice thing about a free market, choices!

I showed my wife the Pixi demos and she like it better then my Pre because it is a candybar phone (she has Instinct) with a KB. She could care less that it doesn't have some of the features of my Pre, it's just what she likes.

Guess we still come back to choices...regardless of what the "best" phone and carriers is.

Just my thoughts.
    Quote Originally Posted by nohatter View Post
    The Hero is out in here though. It's white or the black one with the chin that you dislike. Your comparison to cars and women about looks are funny though. However, even if the beotch is ugly(your opinion, i think shes hot, white or black), with that teflon coating and overall the HERO is just built better. Also it's not all about the processor, G1 has way less RAM and can't even sport sense UI because the ROM won't fit. Also the G1's processor is not running at full speed and the memory is slower.
    none of that makes any difference me cause the phone is ugly and i'm not impressed with Android. There are custom sense Roms for the G1 though according to youtube. Personally i don't like sense. regardless, I'm a normal user. i care little about that processor or ram stuff. I'm not asking about that stuff in the store. It has to make calls, have apps, play music. Regardless, Android isn't close to impressing me. They need to hire the guys at palm to pretty it up and fix the ugly menus and icons. At the moment, it's not even on the list of phones i'd consider buying.
    Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    Look at the specs. It's the same hardware as the G1 only cheaper. All you're getting is a G1 with a bigger battery (you're gonna need it based on reviews of EVERY Android phone I've seen) and a 5 megapixel camera (which doesn't mean better pictures, it just means worse pictures that are bigger) and some goofy obnoxious UI. Not worth it man, not worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by postalUT View Post
    Look at the specs. It's the same hardware as the G1 only cheaper. All you're getting is a G1 with a bigger battery (you're gonna need it based on reviews of EVERY Android phone I've seen) and a 5 megapixel camera (which doesn't mean better pictures, it just means worse pictures that are bigger) and some goofy obnoxious UI. Not worth it man, not worth it.
    You're right, I glanced over the spec. Ugh. When will they stop mucking around with that Qualcomm? I sometimes use my G1, I still like it, but boy, is it slow for browsing.

Kudos to the Engadget guys though, they asked them straight up why it's lagging, and the rep was lost for words.
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123