Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Um... I personally dislike Motorola cellphones/smartphones. I'll stay with my Pre. Thanks.
    to be honest i'm not loyal to any phone companies I just came from bb. But i just want the best phone and right now that is the pre. I always like to check out new phones its fun. But pre seems like the best out there right now. But we all know someone will eventually come out with a better phone.
  3.    #23  
    Also whats up with the "you need to touch a phone before you can voice opinions about them"? There are like tons of video's about the pre and webos and android i have used on the HERO. If i can freaking write an app for the pre without ever touching the device itself, then why can't i voice my opinions.
    Yeah Ill stick with the pre... I hate motorola as I hate buggy Windows mobile phones.... What was the most recent phone they had that was ok... ummm oh yeah the razor... And that phone had tons problems... I agree with the other poster.. If I switch Ill take blackberry or Iphone...
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by youngzayiles View Post
    Yeah Ill stick with the pre... I hate motorola as I hate buggy Windows mobile phones.... What was the most recent phone they had that was ok... ummm oh yeah the razor... And that phone had tons problems... I agree with the other poster.. If I switch Ill take blackberry or Iphone...
    Well the fact that it is indeed a "motorola" phone is worrying. However isnt the pre also having huge issues with the build quality, or is that all in the past already? I myself can't touch the iPhone since im scared i might catch the "suck steves ****, no matter what" virus. Also the closed-fence policy and the fact that i wan't my phone to have Flash asap are few of the reasons iPhone is not an option to me.
    Code:
    Processor - Qualcomm MSM7201A
    Processor Clock Speed - 528 MHz
    Oh, awesome, a year-old processor in a new phone. Now Android has a fourth, entirely different UI. (OEM, HTC Sense, Sony Rachael, and now Motorola Blur)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall
    I'm an Embedded Software Engineer. My idea of a Good User Interface is printf().
    LOL... well plenty of people including some of the best homebrew dev. dont have a pre or touched one. i have been waiting for the pre a good year before it came out. right now the pre is the best phone out IMO. 2 months out and its come so far , its only gonna blow up soon. so good luck with whatever phone you choose.
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    Did you say Motorola and Android? Ha, ha, ha, ha.
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by jewel View Post
    Did you say Motorola and Android? Ha, ha, ha, ha.
    Yeah, i also told the future, posted some links with video and picture, outed a racist and so on. kind of funny, huh?

Care to share your thoughts of the rumored motorola sholes? Perhaps one should wait for that, or just forget about android and laugh about it?
    Quote Originally Posted by nohatter View Post
    God dammit the suckers cpu is just not what i wanted to see
    MOTODEV > Products > Mobile Phones > CLIQ MB200 / DEXT MB200

How hard is it really to perfect these things.. dissapointment.
    Go figure, typical Android phone. The Samsung InstinctQ or whatever its called should be much better.
    t-mobile = FAIL (had them TWICE and left both times -_-) and i dont think the device itself is all that revolutionary nor amazing... but ey thats just me!
  12.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    Go figure, typical Android phone. The Samsung InstinctQ or whatever its called should be much better.
    I hate the looks of the Q. Also the UI in CLIQ is definetly something that i liked that the Q is missing. Perhaps you could ROM it though..
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    100%, iphones have great gui, updated pretty consistently, adds features, tons of support from developers, never a shortage of apps, best music player out there, company has no debt and tons of cash to continue to develop there platform. RIM is a business phone and fullfills all those needs. great email, calender support. etc.

I've only seen 3 people in public with an android G1 phone since launch. It's not exactly a massive userbase. There are tons of blackberry and iphone users which means tons of accessories and tons of great developer support. And I left Tmobile to come to sprint so i had the time to choose. I played with it tons of times and its utilitarian. the GUI is usually ugly unless someone changes it, like for the sprint hero. It's not yet a polished consumer product that i need. it's like going from windows or snow leopard to linux. I don't have time for that kind of thing.

Besides, I have a pre and it's just way nicer then the Android phones. But i'm not going to downgrade from a Pre UI to Android anytime soon.

yeah looked at the simulator and it's the same old android. It doesn't have any must have features i don't get with a Pre.
    +1
    Looks nice but I will keep my Pre
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Have you noticed that there is a lot of attention being paid to Facebook, twitter and myspace apps. Motorola is even going native. Maybe HTC, IPhone, Motorola etc., marketing department has discovered that this is a definite selling point for the phones. Palm better see the writing on the wall, and put more people on a Facebook project and get a snazzy looking native application or at least an app to compete with the new Iphone app. Jeez, sometimes you give people a bit of fun on you phone. Is it to much to ask to be able to upload a photo on Facebook with a comment. These are some pretty big companies and all are making sure they have amazing social apps.
    I hate the looks of the Q. Also the UI in CLIQ is definetly something that i liked that the Q is missing. Perhaps you could ROM it though..
    The only reason I mentioned the Q is the processor. I don't have any clue how the hardware will be besides that. Any Android phone with the 528mhz chip is meh to me. Optimizations don't seem to do that much good to get Android running well on that processor.
  17.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    The only reason I mentioned the Q is the processor. I don't have any clue how the hardware will be besides that. Any Android phone with the 528mhz chip is meh to me. Optimizations don't seem to do that much good to get Android running well on that processor.
    Yah i thought so, i just can't find the processor info of the Q anywhere.

I hate that they didnt give this one a better processor too, but it's still compelling. Seems like the optimisations done to HERO for example do help a little bit though, atleast after updating the HERO
    Last edited by nohatter; 09/10/2009 at 07:30 PM.
    Yah i thought so, i just can't find the processor info of the Q anywhere.

I hate that they didnt give this one a better processor too, but it's still compelling. Seems like the optimisations done to HERO for example do help a little bit though, atleast after updating the HERO
    If I'm not mistaken, the Q will have an 800mhz processor. From what I've read in recent reviews, the Hero is supposedly just as bad as any other Android phone...
    blackmagic01, my future telling gifts are saying that with the rate of new android phones coming out, it's going to do wonders for android. The next year is going to be all about android. All the previous phones that sported android were just plain crap. Can't really judge android by G1, can you? have you ever tried the HERO? Now there is a good example of what android is capable of, when given only just remotely good hardware.
    it's fair to judge android on what is out now and the only thing out now that i know if is the G1 and the MYtouch. i've tried both and neither are up to par. As for the future or next year, i don't know and it's not a big concern to me what the phone market looks like. i don't go through phones for what ever new thing is so i'll be on my pre until my contract ends in about two years. But i'd guess in two years there will likely be a new very large capacity iphone as well. i'm sure it will have it's own innovations and maybe webos will be equally great. But android in general doesn't impress me. There's little with android that i want that i can't get from the palm webos, iphone, or blackberry and in this country the latter two clearly have the support and are the market leaders.

I have not tried the hero but i don't think it's out yet. regardless i'm not too fond of the htc interface. i tried it on the diamond and hated it. So for their sake i hope that touchflo type interface is more responsive on an android platform. But the chin hero is hideously ugly and i won't buy a white phone. The Sprint hero is nicer looking but no keyboard and if i'm not getting a keyboard i'm getting an ipod. I get the feeling like someone is trying to sell me on a prius when i drive a SL600. I don't want the Prius.

as for hardware differences. You should know the sprint hero runs on the same 528MHz MSM7201A processor that the G1 does according to Engadget so it does not seem that Android's issues are processing hardware related.
    Deep down android is just an ok looking woman and i'm attracted to 9's and 10's
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast