1.    #1  
    so when is the clie 600 coming out???
    in the US dat is..
    I just read a review and it looks neat but i want other guinea pigs to buy it and tell me about it
    Hey baby before we start do you mind if we use my M505?
    No not for that!!!!!!!!!!
    Use it to reffer to PalmaSutra, silly???????
    I don't think anyone knows for sure yet, my guess is pretty soon. It took about a month after the 700 release in Japan, to come out in the US, so it shouldn't be too long, assuming they're releasing a US version, which hasn't been confirmed either...
    nelson.hsieh
    good artists copy, great artists steal. . .
    I see that we are all in love with the new T600, but I've read in www.spug.org that the screen isn't as good as the other color clies. They say that the color pictures look washout. There seems to be a contrast problem, for me it looks like a software problem, but the user doesn't know. I think this is the only fault so far.

Al
    The only flaws he noted that I would be affected by is battery life. He says it gets the battery life of a Jornada, how is that possible? The Screen and hardware could not have been changed SO much that its hogs power like a PPC...I dunno wat's up with the singapore people, we'll have to wait till it comes to the US to get a decent review. Looks awesome though, that girl is cuutteee
    nelson.hsieh
    Originally posted by AzNCoMpUtAnErD
    The only flaws he noted that I would be affected by is battery life. He says it gets the battery life of a Jornada, how is that possible? The Screen and hardware could not have been changed SO much that its hogs power like a PPC...I dunno wat's up with the singapore people, we'll have to wait till it comes to the US to get a decent review. Looks awesome though, that girl is cuutteee
    Well, considering the fact that the size is smaller, I would assume the battery is smaller as well. In addition, I think they used a different type battery in the T600, in order to make it fit.

You cannot just compare it to a PPC. While you may have the same amount of actual runtime, you have to take into consideration the size of the device you are using. I can understand a shorter battery life because of less room.

As for the color, some of sample photos did seem a bit washed. The pictures were actually sharper, but the reds and browns were washed badly.
    In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. JOHN 14:2
  6.    #6  
    battery life, nooooooooo why did you have to take the battery life, nooooooooooo (oscar nomination soon? )

back to real life. well the main reason i am picking the M505 over a color devices is size. the second is battery life.

I just dont get it, why (besides room in the small 600) did they put an inferior battery? It makes no sense? (besides room in the small 600). But hey it has 16mb and i may over look that.
    Originally posted by GSR13
    Well, considering the fact that the size is smaller, I would assume the battery is smaller as well. In addition, I think they used a different type battery in the T600, in order to make it fit.

You cannot just compare it to a PPC. While you may have the same amount of actual runtime, you have to take into consideration the size of the device you are using. I can understand a shorter battery life because of less room.

As for the color, some of sample photos did seem a bit washed. The pictures were actually sharper, but the reds and browns were washed badly.
    Yea, but I mean, if Palm and Handspring could do it, I'm disappointed why Sony couldn't. Their battery should be just as good. Yea, I'm just comparing it to a PPC because that's what the reviewer said. It's a start, but we can't really trust him, especially with that grammar...hmm...
    When I get home, I sync anyways, so it gets charged. I leave it in there until the morning when I pick it up. So as long as it can last me through the day, it's fine.

I liked the photo of that girl...but the quality was just ok. I mean, as long as it looks like what you wanna look like, it's fine. That's what it's for, we don't need to be critisizing the photo, oh! the colors are washed out! As long as it's a good replication of the photo we wanna see, that's fine, and it does look fine.

Considering how small it is, Sony has put a TON of stuff in there. Good job again Sony!
    nelson.hsieh

Yea, but I mean, if Palm and Handspring could do it, I'm disappointed why Sony couldn't. Their battery should be just as good. Yea, I'm just comparing it to a PPC because that's what the reviewer said. It's a start, but we can't really trust him, especially with that grammar...hmm...
    When I get home, I sync anyways, so it gets charged. I leave it in there until the morning when I pick it up. So as long as it can last me through the day, it's fine.

I liked the photo of that girl...but the quality was just ok. I mean, as long as it looks like what you wanna look like, it's fine. That's what it's for, we don't need to be critisizing the photo, oh! the colors are washed out! As long as it's a good replication of the photo we wanna see, that's fine, and it does look fine.

Considering how small it is, Sony has put a TON of stuff in there. Good job again Sony!
    That is my point. Palm and HandSpring have not done it. Sony is the only one that has done it. Sure, Palm gets decent battery life out of the M500 and HS the Edge, but neither are color. I am sure the T415 gets pretty good battery life as well. Those are all fair comparisons.

In my opinion, there is not a PDA to compare to the T600 when you consider size and battery life combined with a color screen. Not to mention, the T600 has a completely different screen than other handhelds. That alone may be part of the cause.
    In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. JOHN 14:2
  9.    #9  
    In my opinion, there is not a PDA to compare to the T600 when you consider size and battery life combined with a color screen. Not to mention, the T600 has a completely different screen than other handhelds. That alone may be part of the cause.
    You dont think the M505 cant be compared to it.....it doesnt have the 16mb or 320 res but its size and battery life are better. Plus the buttons on the M505 are useable!!!!!!!

**** if the T615 come out at the price of $399 i will have it before they put it on the shelf. (its good to have friends in different places)
    That is my point. Palm and HandSpring have not done it. Sony is the only one that has done it. Sure, Palm gets decent battery life out of the M500 and HS the Edge, but neither are color. I am sure the T415 gets pretty good battery life as well. Those are all fair comparisons.

We can't jump to any conclusions yet, we can't trust that guys' review. We'll have to wait until it arrives in the US, before we can see how well Sony has done. I know they're designed a great product, we'll just have to wait and see. The m505 is not a bad product, it is a great product, just didn't meet the expectations of many people, including myself. If Sony didn't re-enter the PDA market, Palm's m505 would be king. Wouldn't you agree? Hopefully when Sony comes out with something after the T600, I can go pick one up for cheap,
    nelson.hsieh
    Originally posted by culo77

You dont think the M505 cant be compared to it.....it doesnt have the 16mb or 320 res but its size and battery life are better. Plus the buttons on the M505 are useable!!!!!!!

**** if the T615 come out at the price of $399 i will have it before they put it on the shelf. (its good to have friends in different places)
    Let me try my best to explain my position on this.

The issue we have been discussing is Battery Life. Nothing else. My stance is, battery life of the T600 is probably not as bad as it sounds, considering the size of the device and the color screen.

The reason you cannot say Palm or HandSpring has accomplished the same form factor with better battery life is because none of their devices are color.

Now, when I say this, I am well aware of the M505. In my opinion, this is still not a fair comparison. The screen on the M505 is dim and the brightness cannot be adjusted. Both of which play heavily on battery life. In fact, Palm even admitted that is why the screen is so dim, to conserve the battery.

My whole point has been FormFactor + ColorScreen + Battery Life. When I say there is nothing to compare it to, this is my criteria. I am not discussing HiRes, 16MB RAM, or anything else.

We can't jump to any conclusions yet, we can't trust that guys' review. We'll have to wait until it arrives in the US, before we can see how well Sony has done. I know they're designed a great product, we'll just have to wait and see. The m505 is not a bad product, it is a great product, just didn't meet the expectations of many people, including myself. If Sony didn't re-enter the PDA market, Palm's m505 would be king. Wouldn't you agree? Hopefully when Sony comes out with something after the T600, I can go pick one up for cheap,
    As for the M505. I like the M505, but I am not so sure it would be king. It certainly did not prove itself when Palm released it. I do believe that one simple thing could have changed all that, a Brightness Adjustment. If they had only included that, I think the M505 could have been a much larger success.
  13.    #13  
    My whole point has been FormFactor + ColorScreen + Battery Life. When I say there is nothing to compare it to, this is my criteria. I am not discussing HiRes, 16MB RAM, or anything else.
    but when it does come to the US it will be FormFactor + ColorScreen + BatteryLife + PRICE
    Well, all we can is wait guys. We'll see. We KNOW it's gonna be good, we just don't know how good. The m505 is not bad, we shouldn't keep baggin on it. The ones I've seen, yes, the screen is dim, but it works. It's fast. A lot faster than the clie, from my point of view. The main apps are instant, there's no lag time. However, the form factor in your hand, I don't like. It's a good device, just not great, like ALL of Sony's products are, . If there was no 710 clie, I would have gotten an m505. We'll see guys, we'll see...It's a good time to be a consumer in the PDA market,
    nelson.hsieh