Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    In case you are wanting to follow the conference to see if Itunes 9 is coming and what impact it may have on Pre syncing:

SlashGear Live Coverage - Macworld, WWDC, and Special Events

Update: Itunes 9 has been announced and Apple has indicated they've made sync changes in terms of sync being more customizable... We won't know for sure until we are able to download 9 ourselves what this means for Pre syncing

Update 2: Steve Jobs indicates Itunes 9 will be available today

Update 3: Several price points have been changed (pod/touch/nano/shuffle), hardware capabilities announced (storage capacities, fm radio, camera, pedometers, microphone, larger displays, OpenGL)

Update 4: Itunes 9 is now available http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

Quick Summary:

"So altogether today we’ve had iTunes 9, the new iPhone OS 3.1 for iPhone and iPod touch, OpenGL 2.0 support on the faster, larger-capacity iPod touch 32GB and 64GB, together with cheaper, more colorful iPod shuffles (and a limited edition, polished version). Oh, and the new iPod nano with FM radio, camera, video recording, and pedometer."

"Nothing on the iPod touch with camera rumors, but it’s unclear whether that’s because Apple don’t want to cannibalize sales of the iPhone or if they’re having technical problems as reported earlier in the week."

Huge thanks to Vince @ Slashgear for the play-by-play
    Last edited by scrupul0us; 09/09/2009 at 01:40 PM.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Well, there you have it, iTunes 9... now to see if they break sync yet again.
  3.    #3  
    Apple - iTunes - Download iTunes

Waiting for the new download to test =)
  4.    #4  
    "Next up is new syncing; not only can you sync a playlist, but you can also sync according to artists or genre. e.g. you can sync just Rolling Stones tracks."

All done by check-boxes in the new Sync page – lists your artists, genres and playlists, or lets you choose “entire music library”
    gizmodo keeps dying. Thanks for the link.
    keep us posted
  7.    #7  
    Well I guess thats all we needed to hear, that Apple changed syncing... While they've indicated it's gui/logic based changes I'm sure they've done some behind the scenes HW stuff as well...

Now it's just a matter of waiting for 9 to become public for DL and for the testing to begin
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Standing ovation by JOURNALISTS. This is exactly why the media can't be trusted and why Apple is viewed so negatively by so many people. It's not the products that suck, it's their fans.
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    im a forced fan, i own a ton of itunes music (i know there are other options i was in iraq dl options were limited) therefore i have to own an ipod. oh well, at least i get the best of both worlds ipod and palm pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by scrupul0us View Post
    "Next up is new syncing; not only can you sync a playlist, but you can also sync according to artists or genre. e.g. you can sync just Rolling Stones tracks."

All done by check-boxes in the new Sync page – lists your artists, genres and playlists, or lets you choose “entire music library”
    I can already do this with zune, winamp, wmp, why is this a new "feature"? Pathetic.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    I'm an iTunes user, but I'll sync in USB mode manually if I have to.
    Quote Originally Posted by cr12 View Post
    im a forced fan, i own a ton of itunes music (i know there are other options i was in iraq dl options were limited) therefore i have to own an ipod. oh well, at least i get the best of both worlds ipod and palm pre.
    Update what you have to DRM-free mp3's and be done with your iPod. You can still use iTunes to DL more music, as long as you do it DRM-free.

May I mention that I love that I can use the regular engadget site to watch this at work... My Pre-cious never ceases to amaze me!
  13.    #13  
    Steve Jobs Indicates that:

"He says iTunes 9 is available today."
    Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    Standing ovation by JOURNALISTS. This is exactly why the media can't be trusted and why Apple is viewed so negatively by so many people. It's not the products that suck, it's their fans.
    I think it's more because the guy almost die and now is back. I think i would give him a standing ovation too. then again, i am kind of a apple fan boy with my mac book. haha.
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    Update what you have to DRM-free mp3's and be done with your iPod. You can still use iTunes to DL more music, as long as you do it DRM-free.

May I mention that I love that I can use the regular engadget site to watch this at work... My Pre-cious never ceases to amaze me!
    yeah ive thought of this, i do like the ipod though. like i said best of both worlds.

i may eventually just for compatability issues alone
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    they are talking about new ipods now....
  17.    #17  
    Iphone hype as the perfect device...

“Not everybody’s computer can fit into your pocket” – there’s a picture of a Dell netbook ripping open someone’s back pocket on-screen

“When the PSP and DS came out they seemed cool, but once you play on the iPod touch they don’t stack up any more”

For instance, neither of those two have multitouch, they have expensive games, there’s no App Store and no iPod functionality.

hrm... perhaps afraid to mention the almighty PRE!
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scrupul0us View Post
    Iphone hype as the perfect device...

“Not everybody’s computer can fit into your pocket” – there’s a picture of a Dell netbook ripping open someone’s back pocket on-screen

“When the PSP and DS came out they seemed cool, but once you play on the iPod touch they don’t stack up any more”

For instance, neither of those two have multitouch, they have expensive games, there’s no App Store and no iPod functionality.

hrm... perhaps afraid to mention the almighty PRE!
    it's also not a Palm product, and that's the iPhone's biggest edge
    blahhh
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    yeah they are ripping everyone sony nintendo microsoft 2x so far
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast