Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    Well, did anyone download the Itunes 9.0 to see if it broke the media sync?
    Doing it now.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    iTunes 9 is now up on the downloads page.
    I think Apple was off their game again today. Hardware-wise, the only thing of note announced was the new Nano. Otherwise it was mostly just storage upgrades and for the Touch, bringing it up to most (but not all- still no video there) of the capabilities of the iPhone.
    My speed on download went from 1 meg per second to 200 kb/s. Insane. Servers at Apple are bogging down.
    This sucks. Stuck at 23 percent. Anyone else having any luck?
    Yay... doesn't break sync...
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-pre-sync.html

81.7 kb/s...
    So the ipod nano got a video camera and my pre doesn't? Are you serious
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    You knew it didn't have video when you bought it. Deal with it.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    Not sure. He's edited that post to say that he didn't actually get V9.
    Yay... doesn't break sync...
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-pre-sync.html

81.7 kb/s...
    lolzzz check that thread again
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    My speed on download went from 1 meg per second to 200 kb/s. Insane. Servers at Apple are bogging down.
    Just an idle thought - wonder what type of OS/Hardware combo Apple uses for their servers...
    One thing about the iPod Nano video camera, the lens looks to be tiny... unless Apple is making their FCC logos larger.

iPod nano 5G with camera first hands-on!

The quality of something that small (note that I know that the Pre doesn't have a huge lens either, but it's larger than that I think) isn't going to be great. I could be wrong though. I just know that the Flip Mino (which Apple themselves compared the Nano to) and Kodak zi series and Creative Vado series have much larger lenses that allow a ton more light in, allowing for better quality.

Also, I'm sure space is tight on the Nano, but whose bright idea was it to put the camera lens on the bottom corner of it?
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post

The quality of something that small (note that I know that the Pre doesn't have a huge lens either, but it's larger than that I think) isn't going to be great.
    H.264 VGA video, 640 by 480 pixels, up to 30 frames per second with AAC audio
    Apple - iPod nano - Read the technical specifications.

Just an idle thought - wonder what type of OS/Hardware combo Apple uses for their servers...
    Apple - Xserve
    Quote Originally Posted by Pupator View Post
    H.264 VGA video, 640 by 480 pixels, up to 30 frames per second with AAC audio
    Apple - iPod nano - Read the technical specifications.
    Resolution != quality.
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    So the ipod nano got a video camera and my pre doesn't? Are you serious
    Yeah, he's kidding.
    Kind of.
    The Pre comes with a special "OneDeep Only" video recorder, but it has to be activated. Here are the instructions

1. Prepare a 2 gallon container with a saline solution of .91% (available at most drugstores)
    2. Ensure your Pre is 100% charged
    3. Immerse the Pre in the saline soultion for 12 hours (be sure to turn it off first)
    4. Come back and start a new thread reporting your results, and videos that you've recorded (nothing racier than PG13 please)

Go knock yourself out.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Resolution != quality.
    I didn't mean to imply that it did. I figured that most people didn't know the tech specs of the camera, so I offered them. No one can speak with any certainty about the video quality yet. None of these cameras perform well with fast action or with low-light, so people will have to temper their expectations if they think otherwise.
    I didn't mean to imply that it did. I figured that most people didn't know the tech specs of the camera, so I offered them. No one can speak with any certainty about the video quality yet. None of these cameras perform well with fast action or with low-light, so people will have to temper their expectations if they think otherwise.
    Very true to the fast action and low-light stuff, but if the zi6 which I have is poor at low light (which it is) and it has like a 2inch lens, I can only imagine how bad this one is at that... Then again, the fact that it has a lower resolution sensor will in fact help the quality with a lens that small.

It just sort of seems like an afterthought though. No stills, in what looks to be an inconvenient position (haven't used it, so the jury is out on that one), and a tiny lens and 640x480 sensor.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Booting up iTunes 9 now. Time to plug in the Pre.

I'll check this on Mac first, then PC. (Though there shouldn't be a difference.)
    How big is the pre lens?
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Booting up iTunes 9 now. Time to plug in the Pre.

I'll check this on Mac first, then PC. (Though there shouldn't be a difference.)
    Does not work on iTunes 9 on the Mac. I click "Media Sync" and it shows up on the Mac as a USB drive and NOT in iTunes.

EDIT: Nor on the PC.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast