Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 46
  1.    #1  
    HTC Hero review : Boy Genius Report

    I have no idea why bgr chose to make it seem like the pre is all but useless compared to the htc hero. Although, I do consider it a very good device there's no need to make it seem like a competing device is trash in comparison. Sigh*... What do you think?
  2. #2  
    sounds like BGR sold out!
  3.    #3  
    I kind of lost respect for them when they completely bashed the pre in their review of it earlier this year. It seemed more like a iPhone comparison than a Pre review. Very poor.
  4. SDash's Avatar
    Posts
    256 Posts
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    #4  
    I don't trust reviewers that point out a device over another...
  5. #5  
    Link?
  6. #6  
    The reviewer in the BGR article seems a bit confused and conflicted.

    As for his comments about the Pre, he says the Pre is faster but still prefers the Hero. I don't get it.

    The one paragraph where he discusses the Pre the most... it sounds like he's trying to say the Hero does a better job of providing the user with information, ie: upcoming appointments, weather, etc. I must admit, I do miss having a home screen with this info.

    I think eventually, there will be an app or Palm will provide an "at-a-glace" home screen of some kind.

    Otherwise, I don't feel left out one bit. The Pre rocks.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by ronnienyc View Post
    Link?
    its the first line!!!
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by ejohnnyk View Post
    The reviewer in the BGR article seems a bit confused and conflicted.

    As for his comments about the Pre, he says the Pre is faster but still prefers the Hero. I don't get it.

    The one paragraph where he discusses the Pre the most... it sounds like he's trying to say the Hero does a better job of providing the user with information, ie: upcoming appointments, weather, etc. I must admit, I do miss having a home screen with this info.

    I think eventually, there will be an app or Palm will provide an "at-a-glace" home screen of some kind.

    Otherwise, I don't feel left out one bit. The Pre rocks.
    i agree the pre rocks
    i'm not hating on google's android i like google but the review seems very bias. i wonder how much?
  9. #9  
    Its all about the drama...seriously at one point he says about the hero that its so slow its almost to the point where he doesn't want to use it. The entire user experience suffers...this guy will never like anything but the iphone. Lame. Bag on the pre, bag on the hero...
  10. #10  
    I say who cares?
    Are bad people born that way? Or did something go terribly wrong?
  11. #11  
    I pre ordered the G1 when it came out for Tmobile (had phone for 8 months). And just switched to the Palm Pre two weeks ago. I have no regrets switching to the Pre. There are a few things better on the android phones (camera, more mature app store, larger screen, and battery life), but everything else Pre wins.
    WebOS is a much nicer design. The hardware and software were carefully thought out and works well with one another. Android .... not so much.

    My 2 cents
  12.    #12  
    I think the segment of the article that really touched a nerve with me was when the statement "The Pre is cool but borderline useless" was made. I know the Pre has its issues and is without its set of faults but damn don't call it useless. It's like me saying that because the iPhone doesn't multitask then it is garbage. A statement which is not true.

    I guess at the end of the day, its all subjective. Uggh...
  13. T3CK's Avatar
    Posts
    414 Posts
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    #13  
    I have no idea what is the hype about the new Hero. IMO, it looks like a cheap plastic phone. Beside the Oreo issues, the Pre has an overall amazing design. Even the apps look better...
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by orlando_c View Post
    I think the segment of the article that really touched a nerve with me was when the statement "The Pre is cool but borderline useless" was made. I know the Pre has its issues and is without its set of faults but damn don't call it useless. It's like me saying that because the iPhone doesn't multitask then it is garbage. A statement which is not true.

    I guess at the end of the day, its all subjective. Uggh...
    i understand having your own opinion but having a web site like BGR put you in a different category. this is your job now, to review a product and give facts and then draws a reasonable conclusion and when people like this who sell out in my opinion your lying your commenting fraud!!!
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by ejohnnyk View Post
    I must admit, I do miss having a home screen with this info.
    +1

    Having used the Zen theme on a BB for the past 2 years though, I'm not missing it as much. I loved having that info on my 650 and 700wx though it came mostly from Goodlink on those devices.
    Terry Rodecker

    Palm Pilot -> Palm V -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> 700wx -> ppc6700 -> BB 8830 -> Pre -> iPhone (company requirement) -> TouchPad
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Warblad13 View Post
    i understand having your own opinion but having a web site like BGR put you in a different category. this is your job now, to review a product and give facts and then draws a reasonable conclusion and when people like this who sell out in my opinion your lying your commenting fraud!!!
    I am beginning to think the author does it to get shock value out of it. There are better ways to get your points across imo.
  17. jaman71's Avatar
    Posts
    127 Posts
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    #17  
    the story is bgr did not get a preview model from palm and he was pissed. he got his hands on an early version leading up to the release. as an fu to palm, bgr posted a review before pre's review embargo was lifted. he tore palm up in his review. he still holds a grudge for not getting a review pre and if you follow his site he never misses an opportunity to bash palm/pre. take what bgr says with a grain of salt.
  18. #18  
    Yeah this guy proved he didn't like the pre but showed nothing that made the hero that much metter than the pre. All he did is show me more of why not to get the hero. Thow I know it will be a great phone with the processor I don't see it being much of a match with the os
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by jabou View Post
    the story is bgr did not get a preview model from palm and he was pissed. he got his hands on an early version leading up to the release. as an fu to palm, bgr posted a review before pre's review embargo was lifted. he tore palm up in his review. he still holds a grudge for not getting a review pre and if you follow his site he never misses an opportunity to bash palm/pre. take what bgr says with a grain of salt.
    wow did not know that
    i won't be visiting BGR ever again
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by jabou View Post
    the story is bgr did not get a preview model from palm and he was pissed. he got his hands on an early version leading up to the release. as an fu to palm, bgr posted a review before pre's review embargo was lifted. he tore palm up in his review. he still holds a grudge for not getting a review pre and if you follow his site he never misses an opportunity to bash palm/pre. take what bgr says with a grain of salt.
    I was aware of this as well. However, I didn't know he still held a grudge or ever did for that matter. I guess this whole review sort of proved it.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions