Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Is this true??!! I went into Sprint (palm pre's launch day) expecting to buy a corner stone phone( the palm pre) but now i hear the Hero will Sprints franchise phone.!. WtF!!!.. thats the problem with Sprint. They can never stand by a product. Look at At&t they stood by the iphone. Well i wont be giving up on my beautiful Pre.
    Y ru mad there are many things that hero does that pre can't do (yet) but w.e hu cares I love my pre and I think our pre's are the ***** no matter wut sprint says....they just say that so ppl can buy it
    i am a little mad cause i want the pre and webos to succeed and grow
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Think of it this way, the more competition there is, the harder Palm will have to work to compete. I look at this as a good thing, in the competition hopefully will drive Palm to keep improving our Pre's. Just my 2 cents worth.
    Quote Originally Posted by awrnsmn View Post
    Think of it this way, the more competition there is, the harder Palm will have to work to compete. I look at this as a good thing, in the competition hopefully will drive Palm to keep improving our Pre's. Just my 2 cents worth.
    +1
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    +2
    Quote Originally Posted by awrnsmn View Post
    i agree with you to a point.
    with palm a very small company now(about 1,000 employees) its not too good.
    it will bring out the best in them hopefully.
    but with apple, windows, google, etc...
    it will be very difficult for palm to crawl its way up if they don't get bought out in the process and now supposedly sprint isn't backing up the pre as it's premier phone is going to hurt even more
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Personally, I don't care as long as other carriers get the Pre. I'm in it for the Pre and Sprint is just a necessary evil.
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    Personally, I don't care as long as other carriers get the Pre. I'm in it for the Pre and Sprint is just a necessary evil.
    sprint is the best why you hating?
    they are low price
    customer service getting better everyday
    great coverage in most places (except in my house for some strange reason)
    fast 3g

hey to each there own
    Honestly, the pre is going to be around for a while, its an awesome device. The hero has some drawbacks according to some of the reviews I read. I'm ok with sprint dropping it, as sprint has never really had a flagship device anyway. It's not their style. As long as more and more carriers get the pre, palm will grow. and so will the support for it.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    If you want Palm and the Pre to grow, it has to go to other carriers ASAP. I don't give a **** about the carrier war, I'm on sprint because it's the cheapest w/ the best data plans and discounts. If some other carrier offered superior service, better phones, AND cheaper price I would be gone yesterday. Thats business.
    Who would be mad that Sprint is giving their customers more choices? Variety is the spice of life, spend your time and energy on something more worthwhile than hating on Sprint because they have a new phone
    Here's what I'm afraid of;

The loss of developers. Palm has put some major roadblocks with the pre that have really upset a lot of hardcore dev's. No low level access, no access to the GPU and Accelerometer... list goes on.. Now that being said, I'm not worried about developers in General, I'm more worried about the core group that is with Sprint. Which is a lot! Yes there will be a lot more on other carriers, but I hope that developers that have Sprint Devices don't jump ship to the Hero due to the set backs Palm has implemented.

Android is really growing and they are starting to consolidate a lot of its core OS. Its starting to become a really well rounded OS. I hope that Palm can really drop a good, solid, update.

They really need to hit this out of the ball park by October.
    AT&T didn't exactly "stick by" the iPhone. They clung to it for dear life, and got lucky enough that it bolstered their fortunes considerably. If the Pre did the same for Sprint, you might see a similar response. But as things stand, they've gotta keep pulling down all-stars for their smartphone lineup. The Pre is nowhere near enough to sustain Sprint's higher end smartphone stable.
    I met Mr. Hesse today (Sprint CEO) and he had a pre on his waist and a hero. I asked him which phone was superior and his answer was " we at sprint have easily the top 2 best phone operating systems in the world its up to you the user which one you want".
    Quote Originally Posted by Young HoV 718 View Post
    I met Mr. Hesse today (Sprint CEO) and he had a pre on his waist and a hero. I asked him which phone was superior and his answer was " we at sprint have easily the top 2 best phone operating systems in the world its up to you the user which one you want".
    While that's certainly corporate-speak that you could almost predict him saying, it's also sound advice.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    sersly guys. the pre is the best man. either get i phone or pre. i dont deal with any other phones. ive tried the my touch and that shyts confusing and whack. if i was to have a touch phone with no keyboard its the i phone. since i like keyboard i have the palm pre. htc doest not compare to the i phone. i phone is too advanced for any technology rite know. pre is going to get up there with the i phone as soon as their app catalog launches and updates confirm. but as far as now. im sticking to palm pre and forget htc.
    this link has probably been posted somewhere else in this forum but here it goes:

Palm Pre Edges Android as Developers' Darling - PC World
    Android: 10,000 apps!
    Android Market Now Over 10,000 Applications Strong

Does anyone here know approx how many apps are being developed for the Pre? And when we can expect them to be released?

With the Hero hitting Sprint in a few weeks, I'd say it would be a good idea for Palm to get a move on! Seriously.
    the best sprint phone is the palm pre. Now the device is not foe everyone but is damn good. The hero is a nice device as well with tons of apps however, not multi touch and I will not go to it at all.

By the way as a Sprint advanced tech employee I'm just putting my 2 cents and this is completely my opinion.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast