Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. eji930's Avatar
    Posts
    341 Posts
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
       #1  


    I just saw there is an Auto Tune application for the iphone system..WOW is all I can say it doesn't have to do per say with Pre but Im so anxious for our own apps to come out...I mean that's amazing potential
  2. #2  
    may i just say if this never hits the palm pre i'll be very happy. Autotune singers pretty much suck and are corny.
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    may i just say if this never hits the palm pre i'll be very happy. Autotune singers pretty much suck and are corny.
    Apparently you've never heard Auto-tune the News then, which is just completely the opposite of those two things.

    This app won't be out for the Pre any time soon, there's no mic access yet.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Apparently you've never heard Auto-tune the News then, which is just completely the opposite of those two things.

    This app won't be out for the Pre any time soon, there's no mic access yet.
    i saw it listed but my utter annoyance at the proliferation of autotune songs prevented me from playing it on youtube. i did watch part of the youtube clip with people singing some T-pain song that i guess is part of the advertising for the app but only a tiny spot. i applaud him for making his money. That's about all i'll say. This is up their with the genius that is the fart app in my mind.
  5. eji930's Avatar
    Posts
    341 Posts
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
       #5  
    I just think its very innovative regardless to our opinions on our musical selections/preferences, I was only hinting at the mere potential and exciting developments in mobile phones, Im so anxious for the Pre to do things like this
  6. stillryan's Avatar
    Posts
    26 Posts
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    #6  
    Well, i think this could be a great app for the Pre someday. This along with the beatmaker app from the iphone would be too much fun to play with.
  7. zonyl's Avatar
    Posts
    185 Posts
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    #7  
    500Mhz CPU + JavaScript = No Realtime AutoTune ever

    The Pre is many things, however, with the current SDK from Palm being only in Javascript these and many other impressive multimedia apps will never be possible on this phone. Its a good strategy for a company that doesnt have a lot of cash to piggy-back on existing technology. I also believe "Cloud" based services are the future, however, the 3G network doesnt have the bandwidth to make multimedia like this happen.

    iPhone, WinMo, and Android have spent considerable amounts of money on letting native apps run (pseudo sand boxed). Palm < Apple / Microsoft / Google capitalization.
    Last edited by zonyl; 09/07/2009 at 08:38 AM.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    may i just say if this never hits the palm pre i'll be very happy. Autotune singers pretty much suck and are corny.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by stillryan View Post
    Well, i think this could be a great app for the Pre someday. This along with the beatmaker app from the iphone would be too much fun to play with.
    i would love to see Intua's Beat Maker for the Pre Intua
  10. #10  
    Just in case anyone missed the POINT, its not about whether you like T-Pain or the use of auto-tune in current popular music. (by the way - AutoTune is not the T-Pain effect, its actually used by many artists of all genres to do software based pitch correction. It just so happens that with certain settings, you get that robot-like effect)

    I make music for fun, and I have Auto Tune to do pitch correction on vocals. Just to play with it, I have set it to do the T-Pain effect before - out of curiousity.

    In any event, for a PC that isn't robust, AutoTune can tax the CPU - so the fact they have it working on a mobile phone is just ridiculously awesome!!
  11. Gompers's Avatar
    Posts
    124 Posts
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by zonyl View Post
    500Mhz CPU + JavaScript = No Realtime AutoTune ever

    The Pre is many things, however, with the current SDK from Palm being only in Javascript these and many other impressive multimedia apps will never be possible on this phone. Its a good strategy for a company that doesnt have a lot of cash to piggy-back on existing technology. I also believe "Cloud" based services are the future, however, the 3G network doesnt have the bandwidth to make multimedia like this happen.

    iPhone, WinMo, and Android have spent considerable amounts of money on letting native apps run (pseudo sand boxed). Palm < Apple / Microsoft / Google capitalization.
    You have no idea what you're talking about.

    3G network has NOTHING to do with the phone running an OS based around javascript. And javascript has plenty of potential to do great things with multimedia, especially with the right underlying library access.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by taalibeen View Post
    Just in case anyone missed the POINT, its not about whether you like T-Pain or the use of auto-tune in current popular music.
    That's the POINT for me. lol. Corny.
  13. zonyl's Avatar
    Posts
    185 Posts
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gompers View Post
    You have no idea what you're talking about.

    3G network has NOTHING to do with the phone running an OS based around javascript. And javascript has plenty of potential to do great things with multimedia, especially with the right underlying library access.
    I was trying to be constructive, give me the same courtesy. In case you were wondering were I was coming from, WebOS is all about offloading and connecting to services in the cloud. It does this through its data connection which is currently 3G.

    I could write an realtime Autotune app for the Pre (given we had microphone access which Im sure will be likely soon). Open MIC, stream audio to cloud server, autotune in C++ on server, receive audio from server, play on speaker. However, the 3G network has SOMETHING to do with that.

    The right underlying library access? Do you mean to say Palm is going to write an Autotune library for the Pre that I can access and write a Javascript app for?

    this.controller.serviceRequest('palm://com.palm.sound/T-Pain', {
    method:"startAutoTune",
    parameters:{},
    onSuccess
    }
    });

    Or do you mean they will write a programmable DSP library so I can write custom FT for? None of these seem very likely.
    Last edited by zonyl; 09/07/2009 at 07:40 PM.
  14. #14  
    Moved to Cross-Platform chat.

    - Craig
  15. #15  
    I also think this would be a cool app to have on the Pre. Also just saw it on youtube. Its all about the apps when you're waiting somewhere for someone bored out of your mind.

Posting Permissions