1.    #1  
    Yesturday i did a quick study on my palm pre on a lunch break at the apple store. and i came to one conclusion sprint has a far superior data network over att. or maybe i came to the conclusion that the i phone 3gs is slow. either way heres what i did.

Thanks to MY tether. i pissed some apple employees off . by first asking if i could play with 3, 3gs, they sad " sure " with glee. then followed me to the table where 3 were running on the apple stores wifi. that told me something right there. they aint to happy bout the data from att. so i asked if i could check a website on one on 3g. network. so one guy helped and the other just watched. he went to 3g and showed me the icon at the top and then i said go to moblespeedtest.com. and click the link onthe top for a 512 megabite test. he did it and got 266kb/sec. he said " that was quick" and i said well it was half a megabyte. so i had already ran one on the wifi connection. and it scored 4.5mb/sec and i said wow wifi makes a hell of a difference. he agreed. and then they started to talk about the 3gs and how dope it was. so i pulled out my pre. they stoped talking and then showed them how it worked . they liked it, so i showed them the my tether app that was made home brew style and also explained how easy homebrew came to us and how filecoaster was homebrew and installed it all on the fly and they were like dumbfounded . so then i pulled my thether back in the scene. after closing the 5 apps i had running . they were obviously getting mad when i attracted a couple of their customers. i had a croud so i started talking louder. i wanted them to hear how cool my phone was. anyway im running wifi. and named it palmpre. and picked up a third 3gs. then searched and found my palmpre. they couldnt believe i could run as a router. and i told them " ok so if i go to the same site and run the test what should i get? they both said lower than 266k. so i went to the site. i got 1.7mb/sec. they were pisssed. and the customers saw there faces. i then proceded to explain that all i did was apply the sprint data connection (3G) to the i phone and beat the pants 5 or more times over the 3g att network on which the iphone relies. so just to put the final blow in i turned it all off and went to the site and ran it directly on my pre. and got 2.12mb/sec on my on phone and then said "do you understand that i just got half your wifi speed? on my phone just by using Sprint 3G, and then broadcasted it to your phone Homebrew Style, and then confirmed it . right infront of you?" they had nothing , speechless. they just stormed off and went into the back. That was problably my most Bad assed Moment ever. then i showed the customers my score.and they left with me. LOL
    Global Posts
    708 Global Posts
    Ok
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Good story, but ... Jesus that was hard to read. I have a headache now.

Make better use of periods and paragraphs.
  4.    #4  
    sorry ill fix that . i was excited.
    VERY nice!

But seriously, break that up into better sentence and paragraph structure. GIANTBLOCKOFTEXT is very hard to read.
    Sweet! I consider that a win for the good guys.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts

1 thread wasn't enough?
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    very well done! for your next trick, walk into the store, do the multitasking thing... like for instance navi and pandora and possibly sprinkle some SMS notifications here-n-there. Fire up drPodder and download podcasts OTA and show how the device is independent and not a sometimes-disconnected appendage of a mothership 'puter.

hmm I'm just reminded of the difference between diesel and battery powered submarines of WWII era vs nuclear-powered submarines. Because of the limitations of the diesel those WWII era submarines were more accurately described as "submersible boats"; mostly surface ships with the ability to dive for short periods of time. Whereas nuclear-powered vessels can stay submerged indefinitely.
    I would leave off the "bad" part and just say you were being an *** in the Apple store.
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    It wasn't hard to read for me at all. The sentences and punctuation were fine. The grammar was fine. Sure there weren't many paragraphs, but that didn't make it impossible by any means.

Also, very cool story.
    Was a lil hard to read but a great story non the less. Anything we can do to take Apple down haha. I really think the Pre is better, especially over time...but i think it needs to be advertised better.
    Originally posted by santos:
    Good story, but ... Jesus that was hard to read. I have a headache now.

Make better use of periods and paragraphs.
    How do you do paragraph breaks on your Pre? If you press enter it submits and you can't just hold down the space bar.
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    Good story, see readable quote (well, quickly done).

Yesterday, I did a quick study on my palm pre on a lunch break at the apple store and I came to one conclusion: Sprint has a far superior data network over AT&T. Or maybe I came to the conclusion that the iPhone is slow.

Either way, heres what I did.

Thanks to My Tether app, I pissed some apple employees off. First, I asked if I could play with 3gs. They said "sure" with glee, then followed me to the table where 3 were running on the apple stores wifi. That told me something right there: they aint to happy bout the data from AT&T

So I asked if I could check a website on one phone, on 3g network. One guy helped and the other just watched. He went to 3g and showed me the icon at the top. I said: "Go to mobilespeedtest.com and click the link onthe top for a 512 megabite test." He did it and got 266kb/sec. He said "that was quick" and I said "Well, it was half a megabyte."

I ran one file on the wifi connection and it scored 4.5mb/sec. I said "Wow, wifi makes a hell of a difference." He agreed and then they started to talk about the 3gs and how dope it was.

Then, I pulled out my Pre. They stopped talking... I showed them how it worked. They liked it, so I showed them the My Tether app that was made homebrew style and also explained how easy homebrew came to us and how filecoaster was homebrew and installed it all on the fly and they were like dumbfounded.

Back in the scene, after closing the 5 apps I had running, I opened my My Tether. They were obviously getting mad when I attracted a couple of their customers. I had a crowd so I started talking louder. I wanted them to hear how cool my phone was.

Anyway, I'm running wifi, named palmpre. I picked up a third 3gs phone, then searched and found my palmpre. They couldn't believe I could run as a router and I told them "Ok, so if I go to the same site and run the test what should I get?" They both said "Lower than 266k."

So I went to the site and got 1.7mb/sec. They were pissed and the customers saw there faces. I then proceeded to explain that all I did was apply the sprint data connection (3G) to the iPhone and beat the pants 5 or more times over the 3g AT&T network on which the iPhone relies.

Just to put the final blow in, I turned it all off and went to the site and ran it directly on my Pre. I got 2.12mb/sec on my on phone.

Then, I said "Do you understand that I've got half your wifi speed on my phone just by using Sprint 3G and then I broadcast it to your phone, Homebrew Style?" They had nothing to say, speechless. They just stormed off and went into the back. That was problably my most Badassed moment ever.

I showed the customers my score and they left with me. LOL
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    How do you do paragraph breaks on your Pre? If you press enter it submits and you can't just hold down the space bar.
    If you're typing something on this forum and you press the return key it won't submit so you're fine there.
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxLOL View Post

1 thread wasn't enough?
    <Moved and merged>
    OP, thanks for sharing your story but please don't cross posts.

That's something that I would miss coming from the Treo.
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    [Orange Key + Enter], [Shift Key + Enter] will do Tab.
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
    Very awesome story dude. I've been trying to convince my girlfriend of how cool my pre is but she always just shoves me off to the side. She's pretty tech savy (thanks to me) but she does it to annoy me. Ahh, women. :-/

What I did do one time is bring my pre to her family reunion not too long ago. She had her 3g and was showing it off. Of course eventually I said "now that you are done playing with that toy, here's a real phone." Immediately everyone wanted to see it. People were like "wow, that is cool." They liked the design and kept passing it around to each other.

Everyone soon forgot about her 3g and I was there just laughing. This time I had the last laugh mwhahahaa!
    Hey, as long as you don't talk as you type, we're all good.
    Pwned!
    Palm user since 1999-04-16: III > IIIx > Vx > Sony N610c > SJ33 > Treo 650 GSM > Centro CDMA