Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 58 of 58
  1. Adjei's Avatar
    Posts
    277 Posts
    Global Posts
    708 Global Posts
    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by rickyeatworld View Post
    Thank you for those who have agreed with me. And You as well Adjei, for continually proving my point that people who hate on the pre tend to be ASSHOLES for NO good reason. I do understand you feel threatened And please, next time you post, use references to back up your statistics because I think you're pulling them out of your poo hole. Your arguments are whiny at best. I speak from actual experience, and have tried both ends of the spectrum.

    I felt cheated with AT&T, and now that I own a pre, I realize that I was being cheated. I am simply attacking some of the "cons" I have read about when being compared to the iPhone that I feel are unfair judgements, and am calling out the elitists (or rather, those who think they are) who hate on it because they need to have the coolest and best and flashiest electronic. They're just crybabies, jealous of the new kid in school.
    Yeah I guess all these articles about Sprint losing money and customers despite all this so called great plans is all in my imagination:

    Sprint still losing money despite prepaid wireless boost - Network World

    Sprint Customers Bolt - Forbes.com
  2. #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by drizek View Post

    Apple purchasers have the opinion that Apple makes perfect devices, and that any deficiencies are their own and not those of the device. In the case of iPhone battery life, they get around their issue by buying a external battery/case holder. A better example though is the sharp edges on the palm rest of the Macbook Pro. Those are far worse than the ones on the Pre keyboard. I wanted to buy a MBP but I noticed this issue and googled to see if other people had the same problem. I found some forums where it was being discussed, and the consensus was that you should buy some wrist straps. No complaining, no returning, not even any sand paper or duct tape or some other attempt to fix the problem. No, the problem is that you're using it wrong, and you should fix your wrists instead. Either that or you should not rest your hand on the palm rest, that was the second most popular solution offered to people who had the problem. Personally, I am going to be getting a Thinkpad instead(new ones coming out in January).
    I agree with everything you said in this post, especially in regard to the Thinkpad. I will be getting my new Thinkpad when they're available.
  3. lstrike's Avatar
    Posts
    43 Posts
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by Adjei View Post
    Yeah I guess all these articles about Sprint losing money and customers despite all this so called great plans is all in my imagination:

    Sprint still losing money despite prepaid wireless boost - Network World

    Sprint Customers Bolt - Forbes.com
    Hey so why don't you enlighten us all and show us how ATT is a value proposition compared to Sprint? Sprint has bled customers for a while notoriously for their poor customer care. But plans not being some of the best price wise?

    I have personally been with TMobile (cheapest plan but 3g = sparse), ATT and Sprint. ATT iPhone plans where a straight rip period. That isn't even debatable. For a person to love the iPhone is fine but saying the plans are a value? I want what you are smoking.

    Go ahead show us the plan value proposition compared to Sprint.

    Show us...
  4. drizek's Avatar
    Posts
    333 Posts
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by Adjei View Post
    Yeah I guess all these articles about Sprint losing money and customers despite all this so called great plans is all in my imagination:

    Sprint still losing money despite prepaid wireless boost - Network World

    Sprint Customers Bolt - Forbes.com
    You do realize that we are in the middle of a recession, right?

    Sprint stock went down 50% over the last year. It sounds bad, but AT&T went down 20% and Verizon went down 10%. Sprint got hit harder than the others, but all three companies took big hits on their stock prices.

    I think Sprint has nowhere to go but up at this point. I think the Hero and TP2 are both going to help them.
  5. #45  
    THATS AWESOME, THE PRE IS BETTER!

    HOPE YOU ENJOY!!

    hah happy you like the pre..
  6. Adjei's Avatar
    Posts
    277 Posts
    Global Posts
    708 Global Posts
    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by drizek View Post
    You do realize that we are in the middle of a recession, right?

    Sprint stock went down 50% over the last year. It sounds bad, but AT&T went down 20% and Verizon went down 10%. Sprint got hit harder than the others, but all three companies took big hits on their stock prices.

    I think Sprint has nowhere to go but up at this point. I think the Hero and TP2 are both going to help them.
    Yes we're in the middle of a recession. I guess thats why the likes of AT&T, Verizon, Apple, RIM, Microsoft and others keep turning in profits and beating their numbers.
  7. Adjei's Avatar
    Posts
    277 Posts
    Global Posts
    708 Global Posts
    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by lstrike View Post
    Hey so why don't you enlighten us all and show us how ATT is a value proposition compared to Sprint? Sprint has bled customers for a while notoriously for their poor customer care. But plans not being some of the best price wise?

    I have personally been with TMobile (cheapest plan but 3g = sparse), ATT and Sprint. ATT iPhone plans where a straight rip period. That isn't even debatable. For a person to love the iPhone is fine but saying the plans are a value? I want what you are smoking.

    Go ahead show us the plan value proposition compared to Sprint.

    Show us...
    I guess reading and comprehending seems to be a problem for you. I never said AT&T had better plans than Sprint. Having better plans than you competition is not the end of everything. Customers are leaving Sprint in droves for a reason.
  8.    #48  
    You really need the spotlight on you, don't you? Looks like somebody's mommy didn't pay enough attention to him

    Listen, They're not leaving in droves. Try googling similar articles on AT&T. The articles you post even predict improvement in sales anyway, and are irrelevant to my main point: the fact that switching from the iPhone to the Pre was a very good decision and I will recommend it to any iPhone users looking to save some money and get a better value from a smartphone. I was sick of watching over my minutes, having unused roll-over, being careful with texts, telling people not to text me so much because it costs money. AT&T and the iPhone were a ****ing hassle, and not worth what they charge.

    Your logic is as follows: AT&T makes more money off of people, so therefore they are the better choice.

    You even state that Sprint has better plans. So what is your ****ing point, other than being exactly the kind of ******* I originally mentioned?
  9. #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by s219 View Post
    I hate it when people make this comparison, because you're essentially saying that the Pre is better than the 2007 iPhone. Big-whup -- that's not putting Palm in an entirely favorable light. Furthermore, if you want to compare to outdated Apple technology, Apple had a few thousand apps available a month after the 2008 iPhone was released, which is like saying the Pre is lagging behind the 2008 iPhone. So it's better than the 2007 iPhone but behind the 2008 iPhone with regards to apps.

    Let's stop comparing Palm to Apple-past and judge the platform against its market and peers in 2009. For Palm to succeed, they have to do it on their own merits here in 2009.
    Completely taken out of context.
  10. Adjei's Avatar
    Posts
    277 Posts
    Global Posts
    708 Global Posts
    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by rickyeatworld View Post
    You really need the spotlight on you, don't you? Looks like somebody's mommy didn't pay enough attention to him

    Listen, They're not leaving in droves. Try googling similar articles on AT&T. The articles you post even predict improvement in sales anyway, and are irrelevant to my main point: the fact that switching from the iPhone to the Pre was a very good decision and I will recommend it to any iPhone users looking to save some money and get a better value from a smartphone. I was sick of watching over my minutes, having unused roll-over, being careful with texts, telling people not to text me so much because it costs money. AT&T and the iPhone were a ****ing hassle, and not worth what they charge.

    Your logic is as follows: AT&T makes more money off of people, so therefore they are the better choice.

    You even state that Sprint has better plans. So what is your ****ing point, other than being exactly the kind of ******* I originally mentioned?
    You want to post the articles showing customers leaving AT&T is droves?
  11. Adjei's Avatar
    Posts
    277 Posts
    Global Posts
    708 Global Posts
    #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by lstrike View Post
    Youn continue to spew sarcastic drivel with respect to Sprint having such a great value that customers are leaving in droves. Reality is you are a schmuck who belongs in an iPhone ATT forum. I recommend you go play in traffic with a monthly service iphone Tom Tom app.

    PS - I would just call you an ahole but why afford you that compliment.
    When they have nothing better to say, they result to insults, childish.
  12.    #52  
    Uhhhh...Have you taken a stroll through the app store though? I browsed through it every day, and honestly, and I hate to say it, most of it is garbage. I had 5+ pages of apps and hardly ever used them; like I said, after a week I got bored of them and never used them again. I'm happy with the amazing navigation app that comes with it and the games the app store has available now. In short time I am confident the pre will have some really slick apps.

    And Adjei--I checked some of your other posts (and I believe everyone should). All of it is just talking trash on the pre. All of it. Why are you even here? And you have the audacity to call someone else childish? I find it funny that you say "droves" by the way. Just google it, buddy. They're not immune to the recession, not that it has any sort of relevance to this thread.
  13. Adjei's Avatar
    Posts
    277 Posts
    Global Posts
    708 Global Posts
    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by rickyeatworld View Post
    Uhhhh...Have you taken a stroll through the app store though? I browsed through it every day, and honestly, and I hate to say it, most of it is garbage. I had 5+ pages of apps and hardly ever used them; like I said, after a week I got bored of them and never used them again. I'm happy with the amazing navigation app that comes with it and the games the app store has available now. In short time I am confident the pre will have some really slick apps.

    And Adjei--I checked some of your other posts (and I believe everyone should). All of it is just talking trash on the pre. All of it. Why are you even here? And you have the audacity to call someone else childish? I find it funny that you say "droves" by the way. Just google it, buddy. They're not immune to the recession, not that it has any sort of relevance to this thread.
    So a company losing millions of customers is not considered as losing in "droves"? AT&T is still turning in profits in this recession while increasing the number os subscribers they have, same thing can't be said of Sprint.
  14.    #54  
    Go away. Please. No one likes you.
  15. #55  
    Quit feeding the Troll folks! Just tell him Sprint and the Pre suck, AT&T and the IPhone are the shizzle, he is factually correct on all points, and his logic is irrefutable. Stroke his ego and tell him what he already "knows," and he'll move on.

    Then the rest of us will continue to laugh inwardly at the likes of people who have been members and active participants of a forum since the introduction of a device he believes to be wanting, on a carrier he believes to be substandard. I see it all the time on Zune forums by Mac-heads...hobbyist trolls.

    It's called feeling threatened, folks. It's what happens when you suddenly realize that maybe you're stuck with a product/service that suddenly isn't the best any more, and you're paying more for it to boot! For most people, this realization is not a problem; for some (who shall remain nameless), it's an ego crusher. So lay off him, I say! Let's help him feel good about himself again! Let's show him the Pre community is about love and acceptance for all! YOU'RE RIGHT ABOUT EVERYTHING ADJEI! WE'RE BUT IGNORANT PISSANTS WHO CAN ONLY BE ENLIGHTENED BY EVERYTHING THAT PROCEEDS FROM YOUR SUPERIOR KNOWLEDGE AND INTELLECT! WE FOOLS JUST HAVEN'T REALIZED HOW MISERABLE WE ARE WITH SPRINT AND THE PRE; FORGIVE US!!!!!!!!!

    Oh, and folks, this post will be a lot funnier if everybody really does ignore the troll from here on out; otherwise, he wins
  16. Adjei's Avatar
    Posts
    277 Posts
    Global Posts
    708 Global Posts
    #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by PookiePrancer View Post
    Quit feeding the Troll folks! Just tell him Sprint and the Pre suck, AT&T and the IPhone are the shizzle, he is factually correct on all points, and his logic is irrefutable. Stroke his ego and tell him what he already "knows," and he'll move on.

    Then the rest of us will continue to laugh inwardly at the likes of people who have been members and active participants of a forum since the introduction of a device he believes to be wanting, on a carrier he believes to be substandard. I see it all the time on Zune forums by Mac-heads...hobbyist trolls.

    It's called feeling threatened, folks. It's what happens when you suddenly realize that maybe you're stuck with a product/service that suddenly isn't the best any more, and you're paying more for it to boot! For most people, this realization is not a problem; for some (who shall remain nameless), it's an ego crusher. So lay off him, I say! Let's help him feel good about himself again! Let's show him the Pre community is about love and acceptance for all! YOU'RE RIGHT ABOUT EVERYTHING ADJEI! WE'RE BUT IGNORANT PISSANTS WHO CAN ONLY BE ENLIGHTENED BY EVERYTHING THAT PROCEEDS FROM YOUR SUPERIOR KNOWLEDGE AND INTELLECT! WE FOOLS JUST HAVEN'T REALIZED HOW MISERABLE WE ARE WITH SPRINT AND THE PRE; FORGIVE US!!!!!!!!!

    Oh, and folks, this post will be a lot funnier if everybody really does ignore the troll from here on out; otherwise, he wins
    Come see delusions of grandeur.
  17. #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by Adjei View Post
    So a company losing millions of customers is not considered as losing in "droves"? AT&T is still turning in profits in this recession while increasing the number os subscribers they have, same thing can't be said of Sprint.
    Adjei - Let me just say as another of the ATT deflectees...ATT is Very Overated and they use that to RAPE the LIVING DAYLIGHTS OUT OF PEOPLES WALLETS Just as Verizon....and Not until people QUIT being SHEEP to these companies will the tides change.

    Sprint lost 1million customers for several reasons

    - Nextel/Iden This is a totally different network then Sprint CDMA, its a DOG of a Network that cannot bring any latest tech to its customers and people are dropping it. They dont go to Sprint because many are still in contract and cannot upgrade, and other think CDMA is as poor a proformer as Iden so why stay with Sprint...again these are customers that dont have a clue.

    - Sprint is the largest provider to Corporate and Business Accounts...We are in a recession, these companies are cancelling lines left and right because they're laying off workers...

    - WOW phone, until the PRE Sprint didnt have an Iphone or a BB Storm, and people were fleeing...in 2009 its all about having the HOT phones, this is what really killed Sprint they were adding subs until the release of the Iphone...Sprint has since corrected this...and with the PRE, TP2, HERO, and Instinct Q Sprint is going to be looking pretty attractive.

    - Sprint being more of Data Centric Carrier...Not everyone needs SE plans, but Sprint seems to taking on the "We're the carrier for data centric consumers" people who want to do more with their phones then TALK...and while Sprint has lost 1m subs, they seem to be more low end Talk only subs..

    - M2M bases of ATT and Verizon, people are moving to where most of their Freinds and Family are using...If Everyone I know is using Verizon then i'm more inclined to myself.

    So none of the reason have anything to do with Sprint's network quality being sub par, or Sprint pricing plan not being of Value...Which is False. Just when you have all these things working against you....
  18. #58  
    Oh, dear Blackbeauty. Tsk, tsk; you gave the troll a midnight snack. Prepare for a reply to all your "foolish, ignorant" (what he'll be thinking) points from Adjai in 3, 2, 1....
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions